Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvements Suggestions

Forum Newbie
    View ebgerry's Feedback (+134)
    All-About ebgerry
    View ebgerry's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Improvements Suggestions

1 - Display of the categories with EACH product, at the left side (as the other site) . The categories are inaccessible on an easy way. So I need to put links to my categories (and shop) on my descriptions.
    2 - Needs to put "Buy It Now" on the dropdown menu options. There are only options of auctions! So the
    shops simply are OUT.
    3 - In case of a second contact to a person that is asking for informations there is no chance. Only if he generates another question. But sometimes we need to pass more informations to complement the question.
    4 - Necessary a new approach how to deal with search engines. The actual way is simply naive.
    5 - For more success of shops new improvements are urgently necessaries. In my category 'Musical Instruments' from 33 shops we have now 18. And no sales.
    6 - The futur of Ebid is to be a PLATFORM FOR ECOMMERCE. There are some ideas on the way that Amazon stores work (although not ideal) and also other sites. Experts needed!
    PLEASE, HAVE A LOOK HOW TO IMPROVE OUR DECENT, HONEST AND FANTASTIC SITE !!!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Improvements Suggestions

Regarding your suggestion as to how categories appear on the left side-bar, I must say that I tend to agree with you. While the internet has been around a long time now, there is still a majority of people around that do not instinctively know to "click" on that tiny little plus sign to enlarge the parent categories. I, too, would like to see sub-categories automatically shown in the left side-bar. Short of that, at least change the color and size of those pesky teeeny plus signs to something brighter.

Forum Newbie
    View GBInteriors's Feedback (+3327)
    All-About GBInteriors
    View GBInteriors's Listings
    Forum Posts

Suggestions.
    Promote the site then you could charge us a little more, hardly anybody knows about it. I had over 100 items on sale and was lucky to sell 1 a month. It must have been costing you more to collect my fees than you were getting. Make it more attractive for sellers by undercutting the others and with more choice and promotion you would get the customers
    Make a multi listing option to sell different sized items from a dropdown list you have to list every size on a separate listing. Too Primitive
    It could be a good site but at the moment it doesn't work.
    I will keep checking to see if it has improved but for now I won’t be listing. Sorry

egberry

A couple of suggestions if you want to improve your chances of selling.

Your listings are RUS (Run Until Sold). This is generally not the best type of listing. You might be better listing on 7-10 days with 10 auto reposts.

Most sales come through Google, have you followed the rules for getting uploaded to Google Shopping? For some of your listings you might need a Google exemption, it is pretty easy to do and worthwhile.

Put your store link into your signature, it will possibly get you more views when posting.

I have sold music related items, a couple of the arrangement books for albums, but I only have a few music items listed. You will sell on eBid but you need to use the platform in the best possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by GBInteriors View Post
    Suggestions.
    Promote the site then you could charge us a little more, hardly anybody knows about it. I had over 100 items on sale and was lucky to sell 1 a month. It must have been costing you more to collect my fees than you were getting. Make it more attractive for sellers by undercutting the others and with more choice and promotion you would get the customers
    Make a multi listing option to sell different sized items from a dropdown list you have to list every size on a separate listing. Too Primitive
    It could be a good site but at the moment it doesn't work.
    I will keep checking to see if it has improved but for now I won’t be listing. Sorry
    I'm sorry but if you want instant results then you will have to pay the high fees elsewhere. As this is a smaller site you need to do some ground work here to establish yourself. My sales have improved dramatically since last October and I'm hoping it will improve even more when the app and API arrive. To not list and just keep checking back to see if everybody else has done the ground work for you is a bit selfish in my book. The buyers won't come here if people don't list a good variety of items so your stance of not listing is self defeating !

OP with your point 3 about not being able to add a second answer to your customer you can add more to your original answer if you access the question again via the link in the email that eBid sends. Not ideal I know but it is a way around it that I stumbled on a few years ago ! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    OP with your point 3 about not being able to add a second answer to your customer you can add more to your original answer if you access the question again via the link in the email that eBid sends. Not ideal I know but it is a way around it that I stumbled on a few years ago ! Hope this helps.
    Neat. When you do that, does the other person get an email to alert them that you've made the edit? If they don't, that's an enhancement that would be highly desirable.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About Tools4Less
    View Tools4Less's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please add a category Labeled Tools, with sub-categories AutomotiveTools and General Tools. I sold about $300,000 a year in Automotive tools on eBay and they will never get a cent from me again. I have had 80 auctions up for a month and have not sold a single item yet. This is my second source of income now and am NOT going to expect anything here, yet.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tools4Less View Post
    Please add a category Labeled Tools, with sub-categories AutomotiveTools and General Tools. I sold about $300,000 a year in Automotive tools on eBay and they will never get a cent from me again. I have had 80 auctions up for a month and have not sold a single item yet. This is my second source of income now and am NOT going to expect anything here, yet.
    Wow !

I think you should start a new thread to mention this again.

Ebid seem to have blitzes on categories about once a year and they add more and remove some.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Egberry

It would be great if you would do a separate post on all those suggestions, and to write them in clearer more positive English.

Its no use saying there are 18 music shops and no sales! Why are there no sales ?

Personally I'd like to see a halt on any new features/improvements until the API and the mobile apps are up and running.

Ebid has very limited programming resources.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I'm sorry but if you want instant results then you will have to pay the high fees elsewhere. As this is a smaller site you need to do some ground work here to establish yourself. My sales have improved dramatically since last October and I'm hoping it will improve even more when the app and API arrive. To not list and just keep checking back to see if everybody else has done the ground work for you is a bit selfish in my book. The buyers won't come here if people don't list a good variety of items so your stance of not listing is self defeating !

Alas! The fact that eBid is a smaller site than the bay is somewhat irrelevant as long as eBid continues to invite comparison with them on their home page.

Thread Information