Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Urgent help please. Customer Paid, but item not as described. How to cancel sale.

Red face Urgent help please. Customer Paid, but item not as described. How to cancel sale.

I have sold an item on ebid, first for a long time.
    However, when I checked the book, it had scribble and other marks that I had not described.
    I sent customer a photo and explained and asked if they still wanted me to ship
    They declined.
    How do I
    a) Cancel the sale
    b) refund the money.

I've checked the help and it say can't do it once item is paid for.

Urgent help please

Default Re: Urgent help please. Customer Paid, but item not as described. How to cancel sale.

The refund will depend on how they paid. PayPal offer their own method for refunds once you log in to your PayPal account. Other payment processors probably have something similar.

Options for handling sales on eBid are usually within the drop down menu on the After Auction Log (or AAL) for the item involved. Try pulling up the details of your sale and seeing what is available. If that doesn't help, I expect someone else will be able to help you if you just hang on a bit.

Live Free And Fly High, New Mexico, United States
    View CrazyJays's Feedback (+106)
    All-About CrazyJays
    View CrazyJays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Urgent help please. Customer Paid, but item not as described. How to cancel sale.

How did the Pay. I would think you can refund the same way they have paid. paypal pppay ect
    The buyer dont pay ebid

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

As Damian said, you can process the refund through Paypal, or via Google I expect, if the buyer paid that way. There is a drop down in the AAL, Mark As Refunded, which you can use after refunding the buyer.

Hope this is some help. Oh and kudos to you for being honest and upfront with your buyer.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

They paid via Paypal. But I'm not sure how to close the sale on my listing. There's nothing on the drop-down menu.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booksbygones View Post
    They paid via Paypal. But I'm not sure how to close the sale on my listing. There's nothing on the drop-down menu.
    Refund their money by Paypal. Then go into your completed sale here; go to the drop down menu, and select "payment refunded". I see this option in the drop down menu for a paid item. Once you select "payment refunded", I think you will then see the option to "cancel sale" in the drop down menu.

This should probably work. Contact support if you need additional help.

I have refunded the buyer by Paypal. However, I cannot cancel the sale. There is no drop-down in the AAL on#
    Send an Invoice
    Mark as Shipped
    Mark as non-paying bidder
    Ask a question
    Add note
    Leave feedback
    Request feedback
    View Contact details
    Payment not received dispute.

Please can someone advise me. Thank you.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booksbygones View Post
    I have refunded the buyer by Paypal. However, I cannot cancel the sale. There is no drop-down in the AAL on#
    Send an Invoice
    Mark as Shipped
    Mark as non-paying bidder
    Ask a question
    Add note
    Leave feedback
    Request feedback
    View Contact details
    Payment not received dispute.

Please can someone advise me. Thank you.
    You can always contact support to make sure the sale was cancelled. Let them know you refunded payment.

Question: Is your payment button red now?

No payment button is green still.
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Still not able to cancel.
    Also noted that Paypal still charged the 20p fixed charge after refund, in case anyone else is interested.

Thread Information