eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: How many of you don't wash your hair?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwood View Post
    Thought I'd give this no shampooing a go after reading this very long thread! Tried it for about 3 days just rinsing with warm water, but it got pretty oily and stringy. My hair is long, about mid-back and fairly thick. I think this experiment may have to wait till fall as we've got company coming over the summer months - don't want to look like a greaseball!
    You definitely need to come up with a test schedule that works for you. I have one day a week when I regularly need to look reasonable, as I'm representing the RNLI facing the public and didn't want to embarrass anybody, so I timed my trial to give me a full week before I was due in the shop. That was enough to establish that it was bearable in public. I'm not sure if your "rinsing" is as vigorous as it can be - you want to "wash" your hair just as you would, massaging scalp etc, just without the shampoo. You can use a little conditioner if that helps. Ah g'wan, you know you want to have another go.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    .....you want to "wash" your hair just as you would, massaging scalp etc, just without the shampoo. You can use a little conditioner if that helps. Ah g'wan, you know you want to have another go.
    Well, maybe I'll give it another go after our company leaves next weekend. How long am I going to have wait for all the greasiness to settle down?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwood View Post
    Well, maybe I'll give it another go after our company leaves next weekend. How long am I going to have wait for all the greasiness to settle down?
    Unpredictable since it varies by person, but if you read the thread I think most of us see a real change after a couple of weeks.

Come on Riverwood, join us. Day 25 for me, rinsed hair this morning. Still have a little greasiness left, just on the chemical highlights, the uncoloured part of my hair is soft and fluffy. Air dried and is starting to look like it used to when I'd spent 30 mins washing and styling.

I spent those extra 30 mins in the garden this morning, moving my winter-flowering pansy seedlings into pots. Gorgeous it was out there at 7.30.

Like Shezz, I've noticed a difference on my face. Don't seem to need a moisturiser as my face is getting softer. Only ever use a damp flannel to wipe my face, don't wear make up apart from a bit of lippy.

To anyone still wavering, be brave it's worth it.
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Riverwood

My hair is thick also, and the part that stayed greasy looking the longest for me was at the nape of my neck although ultimately, that corrected itself too. I found that by giving my scalp a bit of a massage once my hair was totally dry, that greasy look disappeared. Seems that I worked through the greasy stage pretty fast compared to some on here, but my hair is very coarse and curly; what formerly has worked against me was in my favor this time.

I have noticed the softer skin all over, not just on my face.

I am trying the no-poo thing with mom, the quicker I can get her out of the shower chair and back to bed the better!
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambsmills View Post
    Come on Riverwood, join us. Day 25 for me, rinsed hair this morning. Still have a little greasiness left, just on the chemical highlights, the uncoloured part of my hair is soft and fluffy. Air dried and is starting to look like it used to when I'd spent 30 mins washing and styling.

I spent those extra 30 mins in the garden this morning, moving my winter-flowering pansy seedlings into pots. Gorgeous it was out there at 7.30.

Like Shezz, I've noticed a difference on my face. Don't seem to need a moisturiser as my face is getting softer. Only ever use a damp flannel to wipe my face, don't wear make up apart from a bit of lippy.

To anyone still wavering, be brave it's worth it.
    ohhh i'm so glad i was'nt imagining it,

i dont wear any makeup at all, did when i was a teenager but soon stopped, I'm no way a natural beauty and to be honest if i put make up on then it would improve my looks 100%, but if peeps cant take me the way i am, then tuff
    today i quite like my hair, wearing it down today
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Shezz, what do you mean by saying you're not a natural beauty? Of course you are, we're all beautiful in our own way.

I too used to wear make up in my teens but that changed when baby no. 1 came along just before my 21st. When I married my 2nd, but definately the best, husband, I had a makeover, hair, face etc. The make up artist said my skin was so good because I didn't wear make-up. When I went for the trial run, hubby-to-be walked straight past me - he didn't recognise me!
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Woo hoo! Gold star that girl.

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    ohhh i'm so glad i was'nt imagining it,

i dont wear any makeup at all, did when i was a teenager but soon stopped, I'm no way a natural beauty and to be honest if i put make up on then it would improve my looks 100%, but if peeps cant take me the way i am, then tuff
    Even though I constantly stir the pot in this Forum I must say all the women are beautiful here.

" Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't. "
    Ben Franklin

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...-and-Militaria

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevil-COMICS

http://us.ebid.net/stores/JerseyDevi...CTCs-and-Games

You're just trying to get round them
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information