eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: How many of you don't wash your hair?

Well done Kimbo.
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Default Day 23, update on hairdressers

Just back from the hairdressers. My hair is in beautiful condition and so soft according to the hairdresser. Then I told her and she said there is a growing trend away from pooing.

She did recommend I try a dry shampoo though as it's looking greasy on top, although it isn't greasy. Don't think I'll bother, will just wait for my hair to self-adjust.
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Everyone is doing a great job on here keep everyone up to date

I have a slight problem, I've still got my hair up but looking at that piccy of my hair it looks ok

why dont i feel ok about it, is it because for so long it's been like a bush
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your hair's started adjusting, now you've got to work on your head.

Go shopping with it down. Or to the PO. Unimportant stuff, while you get used to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Everyone is doing a great job on here keep everyone up to date

I have a slight problem, I've still got my hair up but looking at that piccy of my hair it looks ok

why dont i feel ok about it, is it because for so long it's been like a bush

Did you wear your hair up a lot before you started no-pooing? Is that what you mean...it was like a bush before so you wore it up all the time? Because it's certainly no bush now - it looks lovely I suggest you take more pic of the back of your head to remind you how good your hair is looking now.

All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiewildchild View Post
    Did you wear your hair up a lot before you started no-pooing? Is that what you mean...it was like a bush before so you wore it up all the time? Because it's certainly no bush now - it looks lovely I suggest you take more pic of the back of your head to remind you how good your hair is looking now.
    I have always had thick aussy hair, all my life , i had it chemically straightend and reallly really loved it, looked so human , then it started to frizzy up so after about 18 months went and had it done again, this time it was done by a trainee who done it wrong and it started to snap of and fall out, lost loads of it , i wore it down for a few months then ended up putting it up, so for about 2 years i have worn it tied back for work, only letting it down at home where no one can see it, i see that pic and think it looks brill ish, but cant bring myself to wear it down anywhere

bykimbo is right need to sort my head out i think

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure the daily updates make sense right now, but I don't want anybody thinking I've flunked or bottled. Reached something of a plateau - lots of movement, feels fine with a slight lanolin note to it, looks like I've over-done the hair products a bit. To be honest, I could probably live with this as is, and might well choose to do so if it doesn't get even better. It's such a pleasure not doing the shampoo thing, and while it's not quite as good as a pre-project good hair day, it's nowhere near as bad as a pre-project bad hair day. If I'm silent on the subject for a few days, assume nothing's changed.

All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Know what your saying, as mine dont seem to of changed much, went round my step mums last night

her reaction was, she loved the colour and said it felt softer, all she knows is that i dyed it in the henna, she knows nowt about the not pooing, yet seems she not noticed that part

just another ? i've noticed a tiny change in my face skin condition, not sure if it owt to do with the pooing, or my imagination

anyone else feeling a change in it

Talking

Thought I'd give this no shampooing a go after reading this very long thread! Tried it for about 3 days just rinsing with warm water, but it got pretty oily and stringy. My hair is long, about mid-back and fairly thick. I think this experiment may have to wait till fall as we've got company coming over the summer months - don't want to look like a greaseball!

As for everything else, we stick to natural, preferably organic soaps, household cleaners etc., and I ruthlessly read the labels and look up every ingredient I don't know. I've got a natural zinc based deodorant that works great, you only have to put it on about once a week.

I've also stopped using so much soap on my skin after reading that washing with soap after sun exposure stops your body from producing the Vitamin D it needs. So I try and use the soap only about every 3 days, just rinse with warm water in between .... I wash the stinky bits with soap daily though, couldn't stand myself otherwise! LOL!

All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwood View Post
    Thought I'd give this no shampooing a go after reading this very long thread! Tried it for about 3 days just rinsing with warm water, but it got pretty oily and stringy. My hair is long, about mid-back and fairly thick. I think this experiment may have to wait till fall as we've got company coming over the summer months - don't want to look like a greaseball!

As for everything else, we stick to natural, preferably organic soaps, household cleaners etc., and I ruthlessly read the labels and look up every ingredient I don't know. I've got a natural zinc based deodorant that works great, you only have to put it on about once a week.

I've also stopped using so much soap on my skin after reading that washing with soap after sun exposure stops your body from producing the Vitamin D it needs. So I try and use the soap only about every 3 days, just rinse with warm water in between .... I wash the stinky bits with soap daily though, couldn't stand myself otherwise! LOL!
    At least you gave it a go, and maybe later on you can try it again.

Thread Information