Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: What are your priorities for eBid changes? Select all that are *important* to you.

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • emails to be sent explaining why listings or threads are removed

81 49.69%
  • report listing feature needs a report seller option

38 23.31%
  • bulk marked as shipped

42 25.77%
  • bulk leave feedback

35 21.47%
  • bulk picture uploader

36 22.09%
  • bulk mark paid

30 18.40%
  • postcode-based searches

18 11.04%
  • new ninja bulk-uploader

33 20.25%
  • auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site

96 58.90%
  • site opened up to *buyers* from all countries worldwide

60 36.81%
  • more checks and control that items are listed in the right category

26 15.95%
  • get rid of flashing 'r's

72 44.17%
  • to be able to find out how many people are registered from each Country

14 8.59%
  • Translation for eBid countries that are not English speaking

44 26.99%
  • an invoice/packing slip printing option

69 42.33%
  • buyer or seller able to choose if they want a question displayed on listing when asked

70 42.94%
  • alterable invoices

70 42.94%
  • proper section for all eBid messages in 'my eBid'

48 29.45%
  • some proper advertising to get buyers in

96 58.90%
  • bulk edit on all or selected listings

83 50.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What is your priority for eBid improvements? POLL

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If they say they saw a negative impact of the bids being shown, I believe that, and I don't see why it would stop being true now. You can be in a rising market, and still get a negative impact from a particular action. If sales are improving now - good! Let's not put anything on that could damage that improvement, as the low bid counts have been shown to do.

As for not explaining this time - the site has been completely updated with many changes, we just happen to have a reason already given for why this particular change would be made.

Sorry, but I thought showing the bids would be a nice idea but the experiment proved that it did more harm than good - I don't want them back until they're something to boast about.
    But it wasn't being 'put on' it was already 'in situ' on people's stores in the rising market !!!

It's why they have taken it away this time, when sales are now rising, that I would like an explaination for.

Also if they are ever going to put them back in the near future ? Not too much to ask for an updated explaination surely ?!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    But it wasn't being 'put on' it was already 'in situ' on people's stores in the rising market !!!

It's why they have taken it away this time, when sales are now rising, that I would like an explaination for.

Also if they are ever going to put them back in the near future ? Not too much to ask for an updated explaination surely ?!
    Well, I'm happy with the current set up and it's not my job to make excuses for ebid - though if they'd like to pay me... so I'll bow out and agree to differ.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Exactly. Where is the link for the reason took the bids off the main site. I guess I missed that one. Was not meaning to say that ebid was lying. Did not know jewels was an owner of ebid.
    Ah... we've dipped into the realms of sarcasm, definitely time to do something else.

Well, I'm happy with the current set up and it's not my job to make excuses for ebid - though if they'd like to pay me... so I'll bow out and agree to differ.
    Lol - Well it would make for very dull reading on the forums if we agreed all the time !

If you could, I would appreciate the link to where ebid explained why it stopped showing bids. I would very much like to read it. Thanks.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you could, I would appreciate the link to where ebid explained why it stopped showing bids. I would very much like to read it. Thanks.
    I have the same recollection of Gazza explaining why they were not going with the number of bids that cmjewels does. I don't feel a need to defeat your sarcasm by spending my day searching for that, I'm afraid.

I would say that this has already been answered quite astutely by cmjewels here http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...7&postcount=12 in the thread you're already reading. I suspect that at the moment you have lost this one, and are now into an equine necro-flagellation scenario.

To me it is clear why bids were pulled. Those bids help people compare ebid to feebay and ebid looks bad with less bids. Until potential sellers/buyers realize the sites are different, those bids will stay off.

Right now we can't even convince some of our sellers that the feebay way of selling is not what works here. Putting on a few items and selling each one is the feebay way because we could not afford to put on 4000 items. Many sellers still run their ebid business like this, and do not understand that the free listing/relisting lets them stock a store full of items to give buyers choices. And that it helps with google searches because it spreads 4000 items with ebid/seller's name all over internet. That is why the more you list the more you sell here. Good for ebid, good for seller.

No one can get their heads around that yet. They look at a seller with 4000 items as a loser who can't get 4000 bids right away!

I don't know that we will ever make others understand the difference, unless maybe we eliminate the auction aspect all together. Then they may understand that it is not a place where stuff turns around in 7 days, but a site that is composed of lots of fully stocked shops with options of auction,and buy it now.

Ah... we've dipped into the realms of sarcasm, definitely time to do something else.
    Was not being sacastic. I thought from the discussion that he/she was an owner. Guess I was wrong. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I would appreciate if you would remove or reword this post. The inference is that you you're accusing me of lying.
    Definitely not and I apologize if that is the way you took it. I have removed post.

Gazza posted re the removal of bids showing on search, but the thread was later removed, I think it was because it got too personal between a few members.
    Rainbowseeker quoted the relevant post on pheebay. it's on page 53 of the eBid thread.

Gazza's comment is on page 2:
    "We are constantly tweeking the layout of the site to establish the optimal set up for sell through rates and new sign ups, bids on keyword searches and category browses were removed a couple of weeks ago.

We appreciate their return was requested by some of our users but the negatives outweighed the positives in this case.

Gazza "
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information