Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: What are your priorities for eBid changes? Select all that are *important* to you.

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • emails to be sent explaining why listings or threads are removed

81 49.69%
  • report listing feature needs a report seller option

38 23.31%
  • bulk marked as shipped

42 25.77%
  • bulk leave feedback

35 21.47%
  • bulk picture uploader

36 22.09%
  • bulk mark paid

30 18.40%
  • postcode-based searches

18 11.04%
  • new ninja bulk-uploader

33 20.25%
  • auction listings showing their bids when you browse the site

96 58.90%
  • site opened up to *buyers* from all countries worldwide

60 36.81%
  • more checks and control that items are listed in the right category

26 15.95%
  • get rid of flashing 'r's

72 44.17%
  • to be able to find out how many people are registered from each Country

14 8.59%
  • Translation for eBid countries that are not English speaking

44 26.99%
  • an invoice/packing slip printing option

69 42.33%
  • buyer or seller able to choose if they want a question displayed on listing when asked

70 42.94%
  • alterable invoices

70 42.94%
  • proper section for all eBid messages in 'my eBid'

48 29.45%
  • some proper advertising to get buyers in

96 58.90%
  • bulk edit on all or selected listings

83 50.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What is your priority for eBid improvements? POLL

Quote Originally Posted by UthersGhost View Post
    Quote;
    ''Well, I'm a small seller [not a business] and I found it to be a great deal.

Hi Ginny,
    Great news, I'm glad your doing well as a small seller.
    If you're not a business, why do you have 2 links to business' in your post?
    Surely 'Florida's Shop of Collectibles' is a business. Or your 'jewelry-store'...is this not a business either?
    Anyway, good luck, I hope you keep on selling
    Because those are the names of my 'stores' on ebid. I don't have a brick and mortar store. If you read my about me page, you'll see I'm not a business. With the $49.99 membership, you get 5 stores. You can name them anything you wish to call them. So I separated my jewelry from my other items to make it easier for my buyers to look at my items.

Quote;
    Because those are the names of my 'stores' on ebid. I don't have a brick and mortar store. If you read my about me page, you'll see I'm not a business. With the $49.99 membership, you get 5 stores. You can name them anything you wish to call them. So I separated my jewelry from my other items to make it easier for my buyers to look at my items.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi again Florida,
    I see, thanks for clarifying.
    So you just sell your old jewelry or do you buy/sell new stuff or do you make/sell your own?

As for getting 5 stores for 49.99, well, have you read all my posts? I have sold 1...count them...1 item in 3 weeks. Something I had at home that I don't need now. Having 5 stores is pretty useless to me really. I don't have enough items to fill half of one store let alone 5.
    I, and thousands like me, do not need anything more than what I have now with the addition of an invoice function. That's it...that's all I ask...and I'm happy to pay for it. What I don't want to have to do is spend 49.99 to make 0.99.

Thanks again for your input and the input of others. I'm off to find another auction site.
    Good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by UthersGhost View Post
    Quote;
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi again Florida,
    I see, thanks for clarifying.
    So you just sell your old jewelry or do you buy/sell new stuff or do you make/sell your own?

As for getting 5 stores for 49.99, well, have you read all my posts? I have sold 1...count them...1 item in 3 weeks. Something I had at home that I don't need now. Having 5 stores is pretty useless to me really. I don't have enough items to fill half of one store let alone 5.
    I, and thousands like me, do not need anything more than what I have now with the addition of an invoice function. That's it...that's all I ask...and I'm happy to pay for it. What I don't want to have to do is spend 49.99 to make 0.99.

Thanks again for your input and the input of others. I'm off to find another auction site.
    Good luck all
    No I don't make my items. Some of the items I sell are mine or my Mother's old jewelry. Other pieces are picked up at estate sales, auctions, etc.

I read your posts, and Kimbo gave you the solution to your situation. I wish you luck in finding a 'home' you're comfortable selling in.

Sadly I think the general thrust is Greedbay costs him too much money and he'd like to sell totally free of costs, or near as darn it. Ebid is not a minimal cost easy fix to selling, but is excellent value for money, and a darn sight cheaper than elsewhere.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thought I would bump this old thread/pool. Over 50% of the users who took poll wanted bids to be shown on the site. So, why did ebid stop showing bids with the new update???????

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Thought I would bump this old thread/pool. Over 50% of the users who took poll wanted bids to be shown on the site. So, why did ebid stop showing bids with the new update???????
    I would say that this has already been answered quite astutely by cmjewels here http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...7&postcount=12 in the thread you're already reading. I suspect that at the moment you have lost this one, and are now into an equine necro-flagellation scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I would say that this has already been answered quite astutely by cmjewels here http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...7&postcount=12 in the thread you're already reading. I suspect that at the moment you have lost this one, and are now into an equine necro-flagellation scenario.
    Bykimbo, But IMHO opinion, that statement is incorrect. Sales did not go down from what I've been reading on other sites. Ebid sales have been up and bids were shown until the new update. The majority of sellers would like bids to be shown. I thought this site was listening to the majority of sellers' request, not just a few. I thought this was why polls were allowed here to get a feel for what was needed by sellers. Guess I was mistaken.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Bykimbo, But IMHO opinion, that statement is incorrect. Sales did not go down from what I've been reading on other sites. Ebid sales have been up and bids were shown until the new update. The majority of sellers would like bids to be shown. I thought this site was listening to the majority of sellers' request, not just a few. I thought this was why polls were allowed here to get a feel for what was needed by sellers. Guess I was mistaken.
    Why would ebid lie about something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Why would ebid lie about something like that?
    I think what Florida is getting at is that eBid gave us a reason when they took the bids off from the main site, but they haven't yet given us a reason for doing away with them in people's stores.

As Florida said, eBid have stated that sales are going up so why have the bids showing in people's stores now been taken away too ?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I think what Florida is getting at is that eBid gave us a reason when they took the bids off from the main site, but they haven't yet given us a reason for doing away with them in people's stores.

As Florida said, eBid have stated that sales are going up so why have the bids showing in people's stores now been taken away too ?
    If they say they saw a negative impact of the bids being shown, I believe that, and I don't see why it would stop being true now. You can be in a rising market, and still get a negative impact from a particular action. If sales are improving now - good! Let's not put anything on that could damage that improvement, as the low bid counts have been shown to do.

As for not explaining this time - the site has been completely updated with many changes, we just happen to have a reason already given for why this particular change would be made.

Sorry, but I thought showing the bids would be a nice idea but the experiment proved that it did more harm than good - I don't want them back until they're something to boast about.

Thread Information