Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Wysiwyg advanced editor changes

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If you go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select Windows Internet Explorer 8 and then click the Remove button you should be restored to IE 7.
    This worked for me, though mine is Uninstall instead of Remove.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    This worked for me, though mine is Uninstall instead of Remove.
    That may have been what mine said. I didn't pay that much attention at the time as I wasn't expecting to be answering questions on it later.

IE7 now has a Remove button. That may be because there is nothing for it to fall back to if I try and take that off the system.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I can edit my listings now, but all these "improvements" are nothing more than a disaster! No font sizes in 10, 12, etc, just the stupid small, smaller, extra small and normal which is bigger than a STANDARD/NORMAL size 12 font! Spacing is atrocious. Taken me 5 minutes just to edit one listing because when I try to delete a line space that shouldn't be there, nothing happens except for the the deleting of text!

Yes, there was bugs in this before the "downgrading improvements" but at least I could select a specific font size, for example, size 10 which is what I use, at least when I deleted a line space that shouldn't be there, I didn't lose any text!

These so-called improvements were unnecessary. I don't have time to mess about with listings like this, having to mess about with line spacing and font sizes, readjusting things. I need a straight copy and paste system that works, saves how I have pasted it without having to re-edit. I need to see font sizes in their number sizes, not "smaller, small etc", these font sizes mean nothing to me.

Should have left these things alone. Was nothing wrong with them. There was no need to change the font sizing system.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

No font sizes in 10, 12, etc, just the stupid small, smaller, extra small and normal which is bigger
    You shouldn't have 'smaller'. See post 2 in this thread by Gazza.

This may be worth a read: http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingKeywords

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that, but nope, the font sizes in the box are showing as small, smaller etc, no numbered. And, yet again, line spacing is all over the place. It is not saving the listing how I have it arranged. When I check the listing after saving it, entire font sections/paragraphs have moved place, bold taken off font, font resized, font colour changes, so the listing looks nothing how it was when I did it. Getting sick and tired of spending half an hour on one listing.

I'm just not going to bother with an item description anymore. It's far too much hassle. I work hard making sure my item description looks nice, has the appropraite information on there, combined shipping lists, terms and conditions etc, yet, this stupid editor never saves it how I originally arranged things and designed things and I refuse to spend an hour doing just TWO listings because I have to keep re-editing, repasting information. It's doing my head in now. This has gone on for months now and it never gets sorted properly. I'm just not going to waste any more of my time doing nicely presented item descriptions for this editor to just go and do whatever it seems to want to do and screw everything up. *Bangs head against wall lol*
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Thanks for that, but nope, the font sizes in the box are showing as small, smaller etc
    Font sizes should be:

xx-small
    x-small
    small
    medium
    large
    x-large
    xx-large

If you have other than those in the dropdown font size box then I refer you back to post 2 of this thread again.

Thread Information