Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Asked Support re unable to compose/edit listings when banner ads not loading

Arrow Asked Support re unable to compose/edit listings when banner ads not loading

Have just sent this enquiry to Technical Support - I think the message is self-explanatory:

"I am experiencing frequent glitches on the website when I am trying to compose new listings or edit existing listings.
    The problem appears to concern the 3rd party banner advertisement at the top of the page. This banner does not load, and in doing so prevents certain other functions on the page, especially with regards to the Auction Description box which gets stuck in HTML mode.
    The relevant URLs of the banner appear to be: http://cache.adviva.net/creative/blank.gif ... and http://ad.yieldmanager.com/frame ... These sources appear to use javascript and html.
    I don't know why this should happen but until that banner loads succesfully, I find I cannot use the WYSIWYG editor to write or amend listings.
    Any advice on this please?"

Anyone finding the same problem?
    I've received the Support ticket and await their reply (shouldn't be too long). Note: the above urls are not complete.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

What browser are you using? Most have an ad-blocker available as an add-on.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    What browser are you using? Most have an ad-blocker available as an add-on.
    Using IE7 with popup blocker disabled!
    I may be wrong as regards it being because of a banner ad not loading - it could be ANY ad from adviva or yield manager - as until that 1 item has loaded, I cannot use the Wysiwyg editor.

Happened yesterday again, and again today - listed a couple of items and then unable to do anymore. Just the Html editor shows, but without the control panel headings visible, so I can't even click on the html option to see if I can change it that way. I notice that if I leave it for a day and go back to listing, the problem has gone away.

I would dearly love to know why this is happening so often. Wysiwyg Advanced is selected by default, my popup blocker is disabled, I have even tried logging out and then in a couple of times but makes no difference. Any more ideas?

PS: I have not received an answer from Tech Support on this - strange?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There was a problem once before where problems on the adviva site were dragging eBid down. I have not experienced any such problems lately; though I do have ads enabled.

As the ads are one of the first things on the page then any problem with them is going to stall the whole page.

Thread Information