Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is my stuff rubish someone look and tell me

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default is my stuff rubish someone look and tell me

there must be something im doing wrong ..unless my items are not wanted not interesting too expensive old fashioned not worth it ...and they are all genuine

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I took a quick look. A few thoughts: I would not pay hundreds of pounds to a seller with no feedback, sorry, so that's the expensive stuff off the radar straight away. The experiment with the 99p start is just making the 19 quid version look over priced and when I went into the listing it barely told me anything the title didn't. You don't make any effort to *sell* the things - tell me more details to show you know your subject, and to convince me it's the real McCoy. I admit my jewellery buying days are over, since I stopped being a wage-slave, but I have bought rings and earrings in the past, and I'd want reassuring that buying online was safe (in terms of genuine items etc) or I'd be off to the High Street to a reputable jeweller. Hope that's some help!

Forum Lurker
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink its not my fault i havnt got feedback yet.

ok you say you wouldnt by expensive items from someone with no feedback..you remind me of my job hunting days when i was told sorry you havnt got any experience..how do you get feedback if no one buys ..how can i prove my items are genuine ..i have one expensive item with all papers and signatures from main agent bond st obviously its not enough..also the earrings i have sold loads on other site but i cant get that feedback over to here..also what is there to know about my earrings other than solid gold real gems...whe you say know my items to list more information...etc..etc.. other than that thank you for your input..

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Note to self: just because somebody asks for help or advice, don't be stupid enough to believe they actually want honest help.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

i love help and most times i need it but be honest you posted you had a quick look etc read on ..it wasnt any help was it..

Forum Lurker
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

i posted 99p because someone on here with lots of experience said my items are to high starting bid.so i posted 99p and guess what yes i got a bid..if thats what ebid is all about i want no part of it ..ill just wait and see.

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, you do have nice stuff, but again you have to build trust and people like to see feedback, to get feedback you could buy from this site, there are plenty of very reasonable priced things, me personally, I would never pay a lot of money ( over a £1000) out unless I had the option of seeing the item before I bought and collection in person, for the really high priced jewellery you could give buyers the option to view and collect in person, buyers reading that would be more confidant.

View saltylady's Feedback (+707)
    All-About saltylady
    View saltylady's Listings
    Forum Posts

hello you have some lovely stuff only quickly looked......
    but to be honest i would'nt buy such expensive items from somebody with no feedback........
    why don't you look out ken gilligham (think thats how you spell it) he will tell you about, kickstarting your feedback etc.......
    just a thought why don't you keep to your cheaper items untill you are more established
    and bykimbo reply was a honest reply on what you asked
    good luck

Forum Lurker
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

anyone can pick up if they want and can have my phone number if they ask for it ..i have no problems with any of that..

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjo View Post
    anyone can pick up if they want and can have my phone number if they ask for it ..i have no problems with any of that..
    OK, that's good, but tell the buyers that in your listings. I edit all the time when I read good idea's on these forums.

Thread Information