Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Just wondering how you getting on in comparison.

Forum Newbie
    All-About coops101
    View coops101's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Just wondering how you getting on in comparison.

Right!
    Now a lot of you guys and girls have probably moved here from certain sites since they started to rob people a while back........ I opened my account on here but have failed to use it,........ I have been watching for a while and I've noticed the ratings of different people going up. I sincerely hope that this site actually cracks up to all its been raved about. Just to get rid of fleebay.
    Before anybody asks I am still trading on Fleebay and slowly putting my faith into EBID...... Good luck and happy bidding to all.
    Regards John

Quote Originally Posted by coops101 View Post
    Right!
    Now a lot of you guys and girls have probably moved here from certain sites since they started to rob people a while back........ I opened my account on here but have failed to use it,........ I have been watching for a while and I've noticed the ratings of different people going up. I sincerely hope that this site actually cracks up to all its been raved about. Just to get rid of fleebay.
    Before anybody asks I am still trading on Fleebay and slowly putting my faith into EBID...... Good luck and happy bidding to all.
    Regards John

Welcome to eBid

Not being funny but I see you alloy wheels at 99p no reserve, which is great if you don't mind accepting just 99p if they only get 1 bid.

A lot of auctions on here still do not get bidding wars that often, so just be wary that this is the case. They are graet photo's by the way.

Also add a signature link then it will make finding your auctions easier.
    Simply click on user CP and then edit signature

I wish you all the best
    Last edited by raindropsies2; 25th August 2008 at 06:28 PM.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello John, I hope you join in using eBid soon. I started as a buyer primarily - the first dozen items I bid on had no competition to speak of and I won them all; the second dozen I was outbid on 7 items. So I started selling. It's slower than feebay of course, but all of my buyers have paid, left feedback, and seem generally happy with their purchases which is a nice change from feebay, and as a seller I'm thrilled with the low fees! Hope that helps you!

Hi John, Welcome to eBid. I opened my account here ages ago but only moved over here at the end of February this year. I'm not running to the post office every day like I used to but sales are starting to trickle through now and I think it's been worth the wait with greedbay finally starting to come out of their closet about their plans!

Raindropsies is right about your adverts. I would either stick a reserve on or start them for the lowest price that you would be willing to accept otherwise you might find yourself out of pocket. One of the problems I think is the items that have been bid on don't show up! We have been nagging to get this changed as I'm sure it would generate more interest in the auction items.

Good luck with your sales and here's a thread that will help you put your signature link on.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959

Hi coops and can I wish you a big welcome to eBid? There are a lot of ex feebayers here, so you are among friends. Sit down grab a cuppa and make yourself at home. If you need any help then shout out, someone will be along shortly to help sort your problem. If you have not already done so then add a signature link to your posts so folk can easily find your listings. One thing to do is perhaps buy a few things to get your feedback started. It looks a lot better than zero feedback.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi John. My 'by comparison would be ebid v amazon as i've bnever found the opther site a viable option to list my books and collectables on.
    On the ebid v amazon, it varies from month to month. sometimes i get good months on amazon ( especially in the run up to Xmas, but sometimes my ebid book sales are higher- because i get more returning customers and multi purchase customers here.

The real comparison is that I have to pay a £28 (approx) a month 'pro merchant' fee on amazon - and selling fees, plus my customers have to pay amazons set P & P. On ebid I pay no listing fees and a 2% fvf because i choose to use 'gallery'

I'll ditto dan's post at #5

but will also add before you start listing big time spend a few hours (alright day's ) trawling through the forums and not just the first page of each section..... There are many, many tips to help you with most aspects of ebid, so you will find it time well spent.

Hi Coops and welcome
    Moved in May and have recouped my £49.99 initial outlay, sales increasing and invoices miniscule... still busy listing stuff that was not worth listing on feebay because the fees would have taken any small profit and pricing higher would have not been competative.
    I don't regret the move evn though I am pretty desperate for money! It's also relaxing here with a fair system and sensible rules. I don't worry now about auction wrecking and silly seller stars!!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Forum Newbie
    View yrragnwad's Feedback (+109)
    All-About yrragnwad
    View yrragnwad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Coops,

I had a go at selling here at the start of the year and only sold 2 items in just over a month and closed my shop not long after.

I hadn't given up with eBid I was just testing the site as an alternative and the positive thing was that my items got a lot of views so the customers where out there.

I opened again in June and signed up for lifetime, this time with more and better stock and sold a few bits in the 1st week. Last week has been my busiest with over 20 items selling, so far I have sold to the UK, Singapore, Spain and the United States.

So far I have sold 44 items and the fact that international sales are doing well here makes me very happy.

So, eBid is working fine for me.

Garry.

Thread Information