eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebid versus ebay

West Midlands, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View alm1995's Feedback (+9673)
    All-About alm1995
    View alm1995's Listings
    Forum Posts

I personally do not like auctions for new or old stuff if I see something I want I want to buy it now and not wait till next week for it. I would rather go to town and buy it there now.
    Bear in mind when auction houses started online shopping was a very small amount of any retail business where a lot of stores like Argos Tesco etc were not on line so a BIN new product retailer also helped e**y get to where it is today. e**y did try to do a BIN only site with e**y express which failed miserably here and in the USA. It takes all sorts of retailers from the dabblers to the professional volume trader to bring buyers to the site. The mix of products with choices of auction and Buy It Now gives the buyer the choice of how they want to participate.
    alm1995

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Lingerie-Collections-Plus
    for your everyday ladies underwear needs

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Roberts-Books
    for Books | DVD's | Video's

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stitch-Art-Originals
    for Cross Stitch, Craft and Haberdashery supplies

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Showcase
    for Costume Jewellery | House and Home

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/MaggiesOnlineStore
    A variety of used and new items

Forum Newbie
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View roop298's Feedback (+16)
    All-About roop298
    View roop298's Listings
    Forum Posts

I quite agree.

Hi Roop298 - as you will see I am very new with only one feedback to my name on here at least. I am usually only interested in vintage dolls or whatever, preferably the 70s or the 60s. Occasionally I do buy other things.

I did a buy it now because I simply wanted a buy it now and wanted prompt service as I had left it late to buy my brother a present.

First experience an excellent one Brother got his present in plenty of time. Thanks Kedo

Usually I prefer auctions, there is always the thrill of will I get it, won't I get it?

I had quite a few items around the house I want to dispose of. Owing to the feedback changes in you know where, I no longer feel that comfortable doing it there, although I can tell already I would be more likely to sell there.

I really want this site to work and hope that there will be more bidders coming along.

I have started to tell my family and friends about this place hoping it will encourage some new members.

Forum Newbie
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View roop298's Feedback (+16)
    All-About roop298
    View roop298's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Stop Press

Well, as luck would have it I've sold two items. Both discounted compared to ar$ebay but sold, nonetheless.
    So, I've almost made my 90 day sub back.
    Well it's a start.

I would just like to say, buyers won't stay or come back if they cannot find what they want, for that reason I think we need more sellers, which gives more choice, and if we give more choice buyers will come, and return, so what I am trying to say is we need more of both.
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

I want to list some items, when I come back from holiday at the end of this month. However, I can't list my son's old clothes by the look of it because of the rules, because used clothes aren't allowed? So I shall have to try another avenue for these. I have a large box of clothes at home needing a new home. Any clothes which had flaws in them I donated to my son's old school.

I also have a couple of dolls I want to get rid of as well as some small press books.

There is not the variety of items like on (you know where). I hope also that more will join this site.

I would say that I am a buyer mainly than a seller, I just get rid of my unwanted stuff that I have at home.

Quote Originally Posted by CKJ View Post
    I want to list some items, when I come back from holiday at the end of this month. However, I can't list my son's old clothes by the look of it because of the rules, because used clothes aren't allowed? So I shall have to try another avenue for these. I have a large box of clothes at home needing a new home. Any clothes which had flaws in them I donated to my son's old school.

I also have a couple of dolls I want to get rid of as well as some small press books.

There is not the variety of items like on (you know where). I hope also that more will join this site.

I would say that I am a buyer mainly than a seller, I just get rid of my unwanted stuff that I have at home.
    Hi, you can sell used as in secondhand clothes but not used as unwashed.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thanks Gothicina I thought it meant that no used clothes could be sold!

Of course everything I would sell would be washed and ironed nicely.

Forum Newbie
    View MumTo1's Feedback (+36)
    All-About MumTo1
    View MumTo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid is better but eBay doesnt change feedback when eBid does.

They dont even consult you when feedback is changed!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MumTo1 View Post
    eBid is better but eBay doesnt change feedback when eBid does.

They dont even consult you when feedback is changed!
    Giving retaliatory feedback is not tolerated on ebid. especially when the seller has not sent the item, nor refunded the payment.

Thread Information