My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charity/YDC forum category?

Papa may be right. There should be some sort of check that those who participate in YDC* actually do hand over the dosh to the charity at the end of the day.

I also agree that YDC* needs some static info page someplace that can be pointed at, for those who might be interested in taking part.

*YDC = 'Yorkies Daft Auctions' for those who don't know (this is one newbie that struggled to find out what 'YDC' stood for, for... well, DAYS!)

[edit] what's puzzling me currently is that the Charity: Yorkies Daft Auctions category accessible from http://uk.ebid.net/browse_stores.php currently shows ... 0 auctions?[/edit]
    Last edited by sdk; 29th January 2008 at 06:05 PM.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Quote Originally Posted by sdk View Post
    Papa may be right. There should be some sort of check that those who participate in YDC* actually do hand over the dosh to the charity at the end of the day.

I also agree that YDC* needs some static info page someplace that can be pointed at, for those who might be interested in taking part.

*YDC = 'Yorkies Daft Auctions' for those who don't know (this is one newbie that struggled to find out what 'YDC' stood for, for... well, DAYS!)

[edit] what's puzzling me currently is that the Charity: Yorkies Daft Auctions category accessible from http://uk.ebid.net/browse_stores.php currently shows ... 0 auctions?[/edit]
    I think that's because you're looking for YDC stores, not items in the YDC Category.

YDC has always just been a bit of fun, if you add too many rules & regulations you may well just stop people participating.

If my 2 RSPCA auctions don't raise a great deal of money, I fully intend to put the cash into the collection tin in one of their shops, so I won't have a receipt to show for it.

If it's a fairly large amount you can donate to most charities online by credit card or even paypal, but I'm sure both methods incurr some sort of charge for the charity, so it's really not worth doing it that way for very small amounts.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information