eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Auction descriptions. Lack of information.

Question Auction descriptions. Lack of information.

I've just been having a nosey around the auctions, through the art sections, and noticed how some sellers seem to put little effort into their descriptions while other sellers have obviously put a lot of effort into their descriptions. Also I noticed the difference in the All About pages too, those with detailed descriptions tend to have a good All About page while the others don't.

I wonder if the above affects sales?, do the better descriptions gain better sales?

Example of a poor description and All About page.

Example of a good description and All About page. (Well done Ken, great auction)

Quite a difference isn't there.

I don't know if it affects sales or not?, but I know which auction I'd prefer if I was a buyer looking through the auctions. I think that it must affect sales, surely?
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Hi
    I agree - love Ken's 'All about' page. Unfortunately I don't need a picture at the moment - no space.
    But I know if I'm looking to buy I look at feedback and the All About page. I have made decisions on whether to buy or not based on those - not that I spend loads but even on low price auctions I like to know who is selling.
    Alison

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

mmmmmmmmm i`m just too lazy and have no idea about doing fancy stuff i put in what needs to be known thats it

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post
    mmmmmmmmm i`m just too lazy and have no idea about doing fancy stuff i put in what needs to be known thats it
    I'm not on about all the bells and whistles in a listing Dave, I'm on about details about the object for sale, such as it's condition and other information.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

It definitely makes a difference. Especially if the seller has no or very low feedback and the description and all about page are all that I have to go on.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

ok looking at those two links i`m only about 90% off doing as good as ken lol

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artlandish View Post
    It definitely makes a difference. Especially if the seller has no or very low feedback and the description and all about page are all that I have to go on.
    i got loads of feed back so really don`t need a description lol

Quote Originally Posted by alisonofcoalway View Post
    Hi
    I agree - love Ken's 'All about' page. Unfortunately I don't need a picture at the moment - no space.
    But I know if I'm looking to buy I look at feedback and the All About page. I have made decisions on whether to buy or not based on those - not that I spend loads but even on low price auctions I like to know who is selling.
    Alison
    Ayup Alison, yeah I rarely buy from a seller who can't be bothered to include the information I need to make a decision to buy an item or not, usually I just go looking for a seller who can be bothered to include the information.

I like looking at the sellers All About page too, it helps me feel a little more secure when dealing with someone if I feel that I know a little about them.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

Other things being equal, if there are two similar auctions, I would definitely buy from the one that has an All About Page (Even if it's only a few lines) rather than the one that doesn't.

Forum Lurker
    All-About artlandish
    Forum Posts

You have a fabulous All ABout Page Frank. Really nice.

Thread Information