Thread: Non paying customer

Forum Newbie
    View martsoon21's Feedback (+2)
    All-About martsoon21
    View martsoon21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Non paying customer

Hello,

I am new to ebid, so any help or suggestions ill be appreciated.

I sold my first item on 16/03/07.

The buyer wanted to pay by cheque so I send him my details, but since then there has been no response at all from this buyer.

How aften does e-bid send the automated invoice? as I am not allowed to mat this buyer as non paying until three of those has been sent.

Thanks

Soo

Hi, ebid don't keep sending out an invoice, you need to send payment reminders from the AAL in your my ebid or from the closed listing its self, when you have sent three then you can do a NPB.

Forum Lurker
    View ChrisJane's Feedback (+272)
    All-About ChrisJane
    View ChrisJane's Listings
    Forum Posts

Aren't non-paying bidders a pain???????? - I've had several - please make sure you file an NPB & leave negative feedback - also contact eBid to make sure your final sale fee is refunded - NEVER EVER let the non-paying bidder get away with it as they'll just re-offend. eBid are very good at getting rid of these people quickly & efficiently & things have definitely improved in the last 6 months.

As a seller you just have to keep plugging away - at least it doesn't cost anything to list your items on here.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Keep giving E Bid staff the information on non paying buyers and hopefully they will have a system in place to kick them off and keep them from re emerging under a different ID.

Bearsden06
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Hi, ebid don't keep sending out an invoice, you need to send payment reminders from the AAL in your my ebid or from the closed listing its self, when you have sent three then you can do a NPB.
    Hi Buttons,

It's been a while since I have had to do this, could you remind me where the Payment reminder option is please? I have myself a NPB (and the name seems familiar too - I'm sure I've heard it before).

Thanks in advance

I think this whole system of having to mark the item as paid before you can leave a NON paying bidder strike is ridiculous.
    The only way I can warn other people that this member does not pay is by saying that they have paid?

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View jarpet21's Feedback (+373)
    All-About jarpet21
    View jarpet21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. I totally agree. I am just trying to sort a NPB out - an item sold for a wopping 50p and I still haven't had the payment - what a joke!! To add salt to the wound it really annoys me that I have to say that the buyer has paid before I can mark them as a non payer. I really hope that Gazza or Mark will change this soon.

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a reply from support about this, and in case anyone else can't find the 'send payment reminder' link it is in the AAL area just below the 'confirmation email sent to the buyer' link.

They also say they will be upgrading outstanding issues in the my eBid section in the near future.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will add my support for this,it is totally wrong to have to mark an item as paid for when you are trying to warn other buyers of a non paying buyer,before you can mark the buyer as a nonpayer.
    The powers that be really should put this glitch at the top of the list to sort out.
    My self I just let my selling fees go with the one I had.
    It is far to complicated mark as paid then unpaid. sorry no way will I do it.
    Just another thought for the mix,If the buyer said I sent you cash in the post like you asked for to save you paying fees and you have marked it as paid who believes who?
    Bearsden06
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Forum Newbie
    View martsoon21's Feedback (+2)
    All-About martsoon21
    View martsoon21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Thank you all for your replies

I agree, I don't want to mark an item as paid than change it to unpaid. Is eBid planning to change this?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is another thing i've been campaigning on for months!

I would like to make a plea to EBID support; please priorotise fixing known problems before experimenting with new features. thanks

Thread Information