eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Non-paying bidder with strikethrough

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non-paying bidder with strikethrough

Shortly after I apparently sold something and had sent an invoice to a very unlikely sounding person with an odd address, I noticed he had a strikethrough, presumably for being non-paying. He had zero feedback. I reported him as an NPB. It is only a matter of a tiny fee of 40p but 8 days later there is still nothing on my dashboard and I am still listed as owing money. Will this disappear at the end of the month? I can find nothing about how to deal with this on a search. Thanks for anyone who can enlighten me but I am pretty sure I should have had this debt wiped off a couple of days later?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Non-paying bidder with strikethrough

Send email to support@ebid.net
    Include your user name, listing title and ID number, etc. Ask what is going on; request fee refund or what you need to do to get one. There is process to follow in most NPB situations, but you are dealing with a strike through. Hope this helps.

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Brilliant. Thank you so much Burgyeb! An added complication for me now is that the new card I had just put on ebid has been compromised. I do hope not on here so I have had to cut it up and wait for a new one. Whoever rang me and tried to con me (I gave him no details at all) knew my name, that I had a Visa Debit card , the bank and my telephone number (found by googling my address or somewhere else?) and the ONLY place I have used this card lately is here (to do the £1 debit verification process) but that is a story for another day... I am waiting for the second conning call which inevitably will follow, on which I will quickly put the phone down.

PS edited to add that everything has been reset to zero now in my account although I didn't actually have a reply but someone read my email!

About the same thing happened to me: an NPB. I accepted an offer on NYE, sent a payment reminder on Sunday, Invoice on Monday, still heard nothing. This has never been done to me before. Have I been too generous with the time given? I’m about to report this NPB, but hoping it won’t hurt me, feedback-wise. What do you think about this? Any suggestions or recommendations?

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3731)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleKittyPlace26 View Post
    About the same thing happened to me: an NPB. I accepted an offer on NYE, sent a payment reminder on Sunday, Invoice on Monday, still heard nothing. This has never been done to me before. Have I been too generous with the time given? I’m about to report this NPB, but hoping it won’t hurt me, feedback-wise. What do you think about this? Any suggestions or recommendations?
    I usually give a couple of hours, send an Invoice, then wait 3 days, send a reminder, wait 2 days, send 2nd reminder, wait another 2 days, then mark as Non-Paying Bidder if payment has still not been made. So I give roughly a week for them to pay.
    Hope this helps,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleKittyPlace26 View Post

You don't need to worry about your feedback here. If an unjust feedback is given then just email support@ebid.net to take a look and give their judgement. They are very fair on this site and will remove negative feedback that isn't warranted.

Thread Information