eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need A Pep Talk

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I Need A Pep Talk

I also think it can't hurt to be an active presence on the forums. Many of my past sales have been from people who have found me by reading a post, then looking at my listings. I don't list much at the moment, but it helps. ALSO, listing an item in the YDC monthly charity auction can only help spread the word as well as helping the charity of your choice or the chosen monthly one.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I also think it can't hurt to be an active presence on the forums. Many of my past sales have been from people who have found me by reading a post, then looking at my listings. I don't list much at the moment, but it helps. ALSO, listing an item in the YDC monthly charity auction can only help spread the word as well as helping the charity of your choice or the chosen monthly one.
    Thanks HM, I'll look into that. I have no idea what the monthly charity is, how it works, how you go about doing anything with it. Time to investigate!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Yes....lots of my sales are from forum members and the YDC is a great way to promote our listings.

I actually go to sellers I know from the YDC first when shopping here

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi BluberryLane you sound very much like myself, I have been here just over 5 years and sales have been slow but they do occur,I actually sold 2 items in December and that was a shock for me I went all giddy.

I have a little statue bought many years ago at a boot sale, it states 'one day my ship will come in and knowing my luck I'll be at the airport' in my case it will be more like the bus station, but I don't give up, I think perseverance should have been my middle name.

Back in the 80's I was made redundant and decided to start my own business which was a big costly mistake and being a single person I nearly lost my home which I had achieved through sheer hard work but with a lot more hard work I hung on in there although it has not been easy but this takes very little effort and ideal for clearing out, I can take my time listing and go at my own pace.

I check 2 or 3 times a day and as you say you have paid the fee so stick around, and like you my sales on TOS are pathetic compared to others but I stick with it, every little helps.

I was very late joining the on-line activity compared to others as I did not own a PC until 2013 and living 20 miles from my nearest family and friends, the on-line activity helped keep me going so I stick with it, the forums are informative and I often have a laugh at some of Astral comments on the forum along with the humorous comments of others on the forum. So stick with it and don't get down through lack of sales, look on the bright side 'you woke up this morning'

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    Hi BluberryLane you sound very much like myself, I have been here just over 5 years and sales have been slow but they do occur,I actually sold 2 items in December and that was a shock for me I went all giddy.

I have a little statue bought many years ago at a boot sale, it states 'one day my ship will come in and knowing my luck I'll be at the airport' in my case it will be more like the bus station, but I don't give up, I think perseverance should have been my middle name.

Back in the 80's I was made redundant and decided to start my own business which was a big costly mistake and being a single person I nearly lost my home which I had achieved through sheer hard work but with a lot more hard work I hung on in there although it has not been easy but this takes very little effort and ideal for clearing out, I can take my time listing and go at my own pace.

I check 2 or 3 times a day and as you say you have paid the fee so stick around, and like you my sales on TOS are pathetic compared to others but I stick with it, every little helps.

I was very late joining the online activity compared to others as I did not own a PC until 2013 and living 20 miles from my nearest family and friends, the online activity helped keep me going so I stick with it, the forums are informative and I often have a laugh at some of Astral comments on the forum along with the humorous comments of others on the forum. So stick with it and don't get down through lack of sales, look on the bright side 'you woke up this morning'
    Hi babushka -- Yes, I've seen that little statue that you speak of ... or rather, in my case, the Tee-shirt! ... and it makes me smile every time. Seems like timing is everything. I've never felt comfortable having an "online presence" -- usually have been more comfortable watching the world pass me by on the great internet highway -- but the world is changing in ways that were unimaginable even a couple of years ago.

I suppose I missed the great online rush that seemed to be happening a decade ago and have to find my space in a slower lane, for a while. Seems like we have something in common there too.

I'm sticking with it, of course, and maybe the ship "will" come in, for both of us, and we'll be on the dock waiting, after all, for a change, even if that vessel is only a dingy.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Yes....lots of my sales are from forum members and the YDC is a great way to promote our listings.

I actually go to sellers I know from the YDC first when shopping here
    Agreed, moonwitch. Supporting one's neighbours is at the heart of any good community -- business, or otherwise.

Thread Information