Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How are you intending to vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain a member of the European Union.

15 21.43%
  • Leave the European Union.

45 64.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Remain'.

3 4.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Leave'.

7 10.00%
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 545464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: The EU Referendum.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The EU Referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Overall, immigrants pay more to the country through taxes etc than they take out. The problems with the NHS are due to lack of investment by the government. Similarly, the lack of school places and of houses. Again lack of investment by the government.
    With uncontrolled migration you cannot differentiate between those who are going to contribute and those who are not.

Equally with uncontrolled migration you cannot control the flow, and so cannot plan the infrastructure to accommodate them.

Even in the case of those that are going to contribute they need provision of all the services and infrastructure (doctors, hospitals, schools, housing, social services, etc.) from day one. That is long before whatever they are going to contribute is seen. If the country was awash with money then it might be manageable, but it isn't and it's not.

Immigration needs to be controlled to allow those in that have something to offer and what they offer is needed by the UK, arrive at a rate the country can cope with, and keep out those a danger to the country.

Controlled immigration does not mean no immigration or the deportation of anyone who looks or sounds 'a bit foreign'. It has already been stated than in the event of a Leave vote that the intention is that anyone legally domiciled here under current EU free movement law would remain.
    Last edited by astral276; 23rd June 2016 at 12:43 AM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    It's obvious what the less than one percent. Olivia expresses herself more clearly than you do.

Do you really mean that official figures "do not take account of those who came in through the FRONT door"?

Overall, immigrants pay more to the country through taxes etc than they take out. The problems with the NHS are due to lack of investment by the government. Similarly, the lack of school places and of houses. Again lack of investment by the government.
    yawn
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    ALSO. many of the migrants are working in the NHS and other public services that will collapse (see above example) without them.
    I have met many of these immigrants working in our hospitals but if I can't understand what they are saying and ask for an English speaker that could be seen as racist.

When talking to medical staff about my treatment, prognosis and so on I expect to be given this information in a way I can understand.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I have met many of these immigrants working in our hospitals but if I can't understand what they are saying and ask for an English speaker that could be seen as racist.
    I refused an operation once because the consultant couldn't speak English well enough to explain it and the associated risks. Even a nurse that was brought in couldn't understand what he was saying to translate.

What some people don't get (maybe because they don't want to because it doesn't suit their case to) is all those NHS staff from overseas are not going to be put on the first available ships out on Friday in the event of a leave result. They will have the right to stay if they are legally here and the NHS will continue to recruit any overseas staff it needs, just as it has always done. You don't need the EU freedom of movement to recruit staff from any country in the world - including from within the EU. That's what controlled migration is all about, you welcome those you want and turn away those that you don't.
    Last edited by astral276; 23rd June 2016 at 03:27 AM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

My sister-in-law is on duty at her local polling station - apparently the queues were round the block BEFORE the 7am opening time.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    My sister-in-law is on duty at her local polling station - apparently the queues were round the block BEFORE the 7am opening time.
    I think I will try to ignore the TV news today and check back tomorrow.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I think I will try to ignore the TV news today and check back tomorrow.
    Well, I can honestly say that I haven't watched any of the TV 'debates' on the EU referendum. I did try a couple of times but only lasted a few seconds as they were like playground squabbles with one person just shouting the other down.

I'll also give the coverage today a miss and just wait until the result is announced tomorrow.

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    ...and so cannot plan the infrastructure to accommodate them...
    We plan our infrastructure?

That's the biggest surprise of the referendum so far.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I refused an operation once because the consultant couldn't speak English well enough to explain it and the associated risks.
    Was is a brain operation? You could have gone ahead, there wouldn't have been any risk

I've voted, so as far as I'm concerned this thread is closed and I can go on holiday.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    We plan our infrastructure?
    Probably not. It is impossible when you don't know how many to plan for. Without that knowledge you either underestimate and fail to provide enough - resulting in overload of existing services, or you over estimate and waste money and resources on services that aren't needed.

Only when you know the number coming in, or can control the flow to fit currently available services, can there be any hope of a 'plan'.

The plan needs to be for years ahead and not just reacting to the current situation. Even if the money were available (which it is not) it takes years to plan, build, recruit, train, etc. Services do not just magically appear overnight.

Thread Information