Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How are you intending to vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain a member of the European Union.

15 21.43%
  • Leave the European Union.

45 64.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Remain'.

3 4.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Leave'.

7 10.00%
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: The EU Referendum.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The EU Referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    To suggest that the killer was radicalised over a long period of time and not by the arguments put foreward by we Brexit Supporters is not ridiculous

Nor is it in anyway a defence of the actions of the killer
    Thanks for that. I don't read her output unless it is quoted in someone's post, so i wasn't aware that she had falsely accused me of defending the killer. Typical of the stuff she puts out and why I stopped reading her posts.
    Last edited by astral276; 21st June 2016 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    I would imagine that to radicalise someone in this way you might, perhaps, go about it like this:

Attachment 53226

Or maybe like this:

Attachment 53227

Our politicians and media really do have a lot to answer for.

Well said.

There is a lack of leadership from our politicians.

Elements of the mainstream media think that they can distort facts in whatever way they wish and disseminate their propaganda without any consideration that they might have some responsibilities to society to behave in an ethical way..

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    Interesting talk from the Professor of European Law at Liverpool Uni. It seems that he's not a fan of either campaign and it makes a bit of a change from the usual political soundbites. The light shed on post Brexit trade and international relations as well as the observations on the practicalities and timescales of renegotiating trade deals are worth a watch. Much more sobering are the points about disentagling our legal system, the capacity of our civil sevice to renegotiate new deals and the relative lack of trading influence that the UK has in a post Brexit world. If you've got a spare 25 mins it's worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y
    I did view the video.

To my mind David Cameron should have started the Referendum debate by explaining quite comprehensively how the EU works and what we would have to do to disentangle ourselves from it and what the impact of disentanglement would be. Because he did not do that, it is almost as if everybody has been drawn into a conversation half way through without knowing what the starting point for the conversation is. Furthermore, a lot of the EU issues are not simple yes or no issues but quite complex with many shades of grey. He should have given a much longer time frame for the Referendum so that the general public could get the detailed grasp of the issues that they need. He has really fallen down on leadership here.

As for the Leave side, I would agree wholeheartedly with Professor Dougan's comments that some of their arguments represent dishonesty on an industrial scale. In some quarters on the Leave side there has been scant regard for truth.

There is a real need for the British electorate to have a good root and branch review of the EU and its workings and to understand what is right with it and what is wrong with it and to figure out the best way forward. Both the Remain and Leave sides have effectively denied the British electorate that opportunity because of the way that they have been conducting themselves. And that is the most anti-democratic thing of all.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    I did view the video.

To my mind David Cameron should have started the Referendum debate by explaining quite comprehensively how the EU works and what we would have to do to disentangle ourselves from it and what the impact of disentanglement would be. Because he did not do that, it is almost as if everybody has been drawn into a conversation half way through without knowing what the starting point for the conversation is. Furthermore, a lot of the EU issues are not simple yes or no issues but quite complex with many shades of grey. He should have given a much longer time frame for the Referendum so that the general public could get the detailed grasp of the issues that they need. He has really fallen down on leadership here.

As for the Leave side, I would agree wholeheartedly with Professor Dougan's comments that some of their arguments represent dishonesty on an industrial scale. In some quarters on the Leave side there has been scant regard for truth.

There is a real need for the British electorate to have a good root and branch review of the EU and its workings and to understand what is right with it and what is wrong with it and to figure out the best way forward. Both the Remain and Leave sides have effectively denied the British electorate that opportunity because of the way that they have been conducting themselves. And that is the most anti-democratic thing of all.
    Both sides of the debate have tried to frighten the electorate. The Out campaign accused the Remain of applying "project fear" as soon as the campaigning started then proceeded to do exactly the same themselves.
    We are told by the Out campaign that we can trade with the EU with little change following the example of Norway. To do this, Norway still has to contribute to the EU budget, still has to conform to EU regulations on anything they sell to the EU and, most importantly, has to allow the free movement of EU citizens. This is a lose-lose situation if applied to the UK. Still pay, still conform to regulations and still have to allow the free movement BUT we have absolutely no influence or input into the process of EU government. This is one of the biggest lies perpetrated by the Out campaign.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    To suggest that the killer was radicalised over a long period of time and not by the arguments put foreward by we Brexit Supporters is not ridiculous

Nor is it in anyway a defence of the actions of the killer
    You seem to have misread my post. Astral was explaining (defending) the killer by saying that he was radicalised by being made to feel a 2nd class citizen and I responded by saying in that case virtually everyone in the country could be considered radicalised.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    You seem to have misread my post. Astral was explaining (defending) the killer by saying that he was radicalised by being made to feel a 2nd class citizen and I responded by saying in that case virtually everyone in the country could be considered radicalised.
    I can not speak for Astral

But the following is the definition of radicalised that I assumed Astral meant.

radicalisation is a process by which an individual or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that (1) reject or undermine the status quo or (2) reject and/or undermine contemporary ideas and expressions of freedom of choice.

Secondly In no way in my opinion was Astral "explaining (defending) the killer by saying that he was radicalised"
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

i read the remain camp have rolled out another millionaire celeb
    in the form of david Beckham
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a7092766.html
    live from los angles £8m beckham towers

moments later
    Name:  img_0137.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  14.0 KB
    coindence u decide

what annoys me is that regardless of the outcome of referendum on 24th June
    it will not impact their lifestyle etc

hes convinced me im changin my vote
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    in the form of david Beckham......hes convinced me im changin my vote
    I have also changed my mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36587819

"In a hastily arranged ten minute statement outside Downing Street, Mr Cameron strove to emphasise the momentous nature of the decision facing the British people, warning if the UK chose to leave it would be "irreversible" and Britain would be "out of Europe for good".

Out of the European Union yes.

Out of Europe is a geographical impossibility.

Mr Cameron's former adviser Steve Hilton, who backs leaving the EU, called it a "weird statement" and a "rather amazing thing to hear"."What you just saw from the prime minister was an admission that they've lost the economic argument, they've lost the argument on immigration, so he's being wheeled out by rather panicky spin doctors to try to change the subject," Mr Hilton told the BBC.
    Last edited by MPS16; 21st June 2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36582391

unrealistic
    migration target in EU and dodgy D was told in 2012

Name:  13335950_10154161320462660_4583707464594002041_n.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  32.9 KB

if u got 2mins watch tis video
    https://www.facebook.com/leftofleft/...7329700338121/
    Last edited by PATRIOT73; 21st June 2016 at 03:17 PM.
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    in the form of david Beckham
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a7092766.html
    live from los angles £8m beckham towers

moments later
    Name:  img_0137.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  14.0 KB
    coindence u decide

what annoys me is that regardless of the outcome of referendum on 24th June
    it will not impact their lifestyle etc

hes convinced me im changin my vote
    You are voting to stay in , that's good news.

Thread Information