eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I Hate The New Look!!!!

Forum Newbie
    View Ripperoo's Feedback (+557)
    All-About Ripperoo
    View Ripperoo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I Hate The New Look!!!!

I haven't used eBid for a while, but imagine my surprise when I logged in today and saw for the first time the light grey/white look, I instantly hated it.

In fact I hate all of these modern minimalist interfaces that seem to be everywhere these days.

But everyone whoops and loves the spoon-fed crap regardless.

Look at Windows 10! I got the free upgrade to W10 from Windows 7 and I hate that crap interface too with the two-colour icons. So much so, I don't even use my laptop anymore and will probably downgrade again if that's an option. When will it end?? Will the next incarnation of everything IT be greyscale?

I just find it so hard to read and navigate a page when everything is white/light grey/washed out. I like a bit colour and contrasting areas.

The spoon-fed say "ooh, it's a nice clean interface". No, it looks like a five-year old designed it. Crap!
    Last edited by Ripperoo; 7th October 2015 at 03:30 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View james1968's Feedback (+159)
    All-About james1968
    View james1968's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I Hate The New Look!!!!

Amen to that. The reason given for the change was to 'make it more mobile browser friendly' but I view it on PC, tablet and mobile phone and the old site worked just as well as the new one.

Ebid has spent years trying to build a corporate identity, then they go and loose the plot by changing the colour of their logo for no apparrent reason.
    All good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait.....

Why do so many people write 'loose' when they mean 'lose'?

Happy Christmas!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Why do so many people write 'loose' when they mean 'lose'?

Happy Christmas!

Because they rely on spellcheck to do their thinking for them

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are probably correct.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree about the icon, the old purple one stood out and with the gavel had a meaning - now we look like orange sellers. Other than that I find the new site much better though I do have a few comments on the affect of the conversion from the old (ie the affect on photos, fonts etc in old listings)

I quite like my signature....

I understand the complaint, too much white hurts my eyes, but I do like the way the site performs now, just wish it was a little more muted...

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperoo View Post
    I haven't used eBid for a while, but imagine my surprise when I logged in today and saw for the first time the light grey/white look, I instantly hated it.

In fact I hate all of these modern minimalist interfaces that seem to be everywhere these days.

But everyone whoops and loves the spoon-fed crap regardless.

Look at Windows 10! I got the free upgrade to W10 from Windows 7 and I hate that crap interface too with the two-colour icons. So much so, I don't even use my laptop anymore and will probably downgrade again if that's an option. When will it end?? Will the next incarnation of everything IT be greyscale?

I just find it so hard to read and navigate a page when everything is white/light grey/washed out. I like a bit colour and contrasting areas.

The spoon-fed say "ooh, it's a nice clean interface". No, it looks like a five-year old designed it. Crap!
    Totally agree about Windows 10, had to replace my broken lap top mid December and new one had windows 10, had not mastered Windows 7 now totally lost with Windows 10, now switch on check account and emails do the necessary and log out again, not even listing new items at the moment due to it.

I bought a brand new PC, updated to 10 and never used it since, i can't even get my darn emails to come to it, I can send but not receive, and not one of the programs i want and use a lot will work in the idiot, why the hell can't they leave things alone

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I bought a brand new PC, updated to 10 and never used it since, i can't even get my darn emails to come to it, I can send but not receive, and not one of the programs i want and use a lot will work in the idiot, why the hell can't they leave things alone
    They can't leave things alone because they need revenue.

Try Linux instead. It's free.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information