Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for ebid - No 5 - Drop some things

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some ideas for ebid - No 5 - Drop some things

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

eBid members run & participate in the YDC by choice & out of the generosity of their hearts.

Over the years phenomenal fundraising has taken place resulting in the needs of many being charitably met. Clearly this charity-giving does not form part of your repertoire.

You can see the results of the magnificent YDC efforts since 2010 alone here (there is a another thread in the Charity Forum for pre 2010 if you would care to read it):

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...tals-from-2010.

Yes, the YDC charity fundraisers demonstrate clearly the awesome generosity of many eBid members. If the pre 2010 thread could be brought into here also, it would be much appreciated. Julie, I would encourage you to check this information out, as it is quite impressive, and clearly shows the giving natures of many eBidders.

As for buddy points (bp), well I just won an awesome camera with my bp. I still have more to use, so I hope they stick around long enough for me to use my bp balance.

The only thing I have no interest in is Pppay. Mainly because it is not available to the USA anyway. Also because I have heard that so many people have difficulty with the existing program. However, if eBid were to take it on as a major project to improve the service, it could have some merit. This is an area that I would love to see a name change for; honest, I do not like that name. Changing the name of Pppay and enhancing the quality of service could be very beneficial for eBid.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

My suggestion.is that ebid New Zealand should be incorporated into ebid Antarctica.
    Last edited by Pink_Panther; 20th March 2014 at 06:51 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    2 out of 3 ain't bad - thanks!
    And of course I had not realized that YDC was not run by ebid, so my apologies to all the people that run it and support it.
    I have ammended my OP.
    i can not believe you did not know the YDC was run by ebid members for the chosen charity of the month.

i havent seen one idea of yours that would benefit the site

your looking at this from the completely wrong angle, every thing we need to increase traffic is already in place , thats it existing members and partners, ebid it seems does not have the capital to advertise ,so we use the existing assets, more listings from existing members, get the dormant accounts populated with listings ,this one thing would see a big increase in traffic, Thats some thing you could start a debate on and see what ideas come out, instead of these increasingly desperate suggestions, one of are partners really needs to get it together and advertise its self , thats some thing else you could try to stimulate debate on, how about a integrated partner within the logistics world which could give us a edge over other sites ,that benefits are buyers, little cost to the site, would benefit buyers and increase sales,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    My suggerstion.is that ebid New Zealand should be incorporated into ebid Antarctica.
    i expect you'd get a cold response.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes a great idea, and one that we have all talked about for many years.
    But how do you propose to get everyone to list more.
    It has not happened yet, so why will it happen now?
    I've started listing more this week (I've dug out my old Private Eye mags). Your turn.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes a great idea, and one that we have all talked about for many years.
    But how do you propose to get everyone to list more.
    It has not happened yet, so why will it happen now?

My suggestions are not cosmetic.
    They are meant to be game changers.
    You could lead by example and list three more items; a 100% increase!

Forum Lurker
    View DancingForRain's Feedback (+2249)
    All-About DancingForRain
    View DancingForRain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't read any of this thread, hardly read anything on the forum these days, so I cannot respond to any suggestions. I just wanted to say that I think you are asking too much for ebid to change ANYTHING. The home page has been the same for years now, every time I come to the site I see that ugly pair of shoes and a GPS system, who uses those things nowadays anyway? If ebid cannot be bothered to change a few pictures every couple of days, we have no hope of them doing anything else.

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DancingForRain View Post
    I haven't read any of this thread, hardly read anything on the forum these days, so I cannot respond to any suggestions. I just wanted to say that I think you are asking too much for ebid to change ANYTHING. The home page has been the same for years now, every time I come to the site I see that ugly pair of shoes and a GPS system, who uses those things nowadays anyway? If ebid cannot be bothered to change a few pictures every couple of days, we have no hope of them doing anything else.
    Please stop DancingForRain. It is really muddy here already.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    You could lead by example and list three more items; a 100% increase!
    OK I will

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Erm....oh....well.....this is interesting....how can Ebid encourage site users to list more?, i'm not too certain that they can offer any other incentive apart from the one that you may actually sell the items that feature in these listings and as an added bonus as a seller you'll only pay a relatively small final valuation fee. I mean....what is it that they (Ebid) can offer to encourage anyone to list like mad?

Sure enough....i know that there are sellers on this site who ....how shall i say this ......choose to list their less desirable and slower moving items on this site while reserving the cream for elsewhere....i guess that the main reason for them doing this is that they assume that only their most unsaleable items are fit to see the light of day over here.
    I'd beg to differ....as i've actually listed some of items that most sellers would automatically save to sell elsewhere and been rather pleasantly surprised at the speed that these items have sold....sometimes it has taken only a matter of a few days to achieve this. So i'd personally say to other sellers to list your best items here too....as well as elsewhere.
    Recently i've seen some welcome new sellers come over here who appear to want to list their more desirable items.

Ebid don't provide any form of advertising for the site?......don't they?....are you sure?.....does anyone realise that Google shopping is no longer a free service and has to be paid for.?.....this is a good way of promoting the site, i mean .....if i was asked to sum up the internet in one word then , wouldn't Google be the obvious word?.

From here i get back to the point of all active sellers listing all of their items over here....in turn this will allow even more internet users to see that Ebid exists....the mobile app increases the sites exposure b a great degree , so it needs to be taken advantage of.

without a substantial increase in the fee structure then i don't believe that there's much else that the guys who run the site can do to promote Ebid, and a fair degree of this work is for the sites users to take on.
    Last edited by cerealmunkee; 20th March 2014 at 06:01 PM.

Thread Information