eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postage rates coming up Wrong!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down Postage rates coming up Wrong!!!!!!!!!

I listed a couple of new things here. I just went in to check on the postage rates and using ebids postage rates on anything outside of Canada they are way out when I cross check with Canada post site. Any ideas anyone. No wonder I'm not getting any bids.

Default Re: Postage rates coming up Wrong!!!!!!!!!

Shipping from US to overseas cost is rediculous !!!! I use to sell items for awhile.... but now i also think no bids partly due to the shipping cost it has over doubled what it use to be....hardly makes the item worth purchasing when you add cost and shipping...guess postal service does not realize the more they charge the less shipping they will be doing...no wonder there always in the RED....

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have noted the same problem with postal rates cost for international buyers. I think it is also a big factor in buyers using eBid to shop. Buyers are looking (views), the item price maybe right but when you add the postage to ship international it is out of line. Ebid is noted as a European based site, would be nice if one could do a search for different market area's. (regional) Buyers get tired of finding items they want, then they find it will be an international shipment the postage price makes it prohibitive.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RiverHill View Post
    ... would be nice if one could do a search for different market area's. (regional) Buyers get tired of finding items they want, then they find it will be an international shipment the postage price makes it prohibitive.
    You Can.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  70.6 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skysteed View Post
    I listed a couple of new things here. I just went in to check on the postage rates and using ebids postage rates on anything outside of Canada they are way out when I cross check with Canada post site. Any ideas anyone. No wonder I'm not getting any bids.
    Confused, are you saying the postage rates on eBid, do not match up with the Canadian Post site? or just that international shipping rates are expensive.

From what I'm understanding, you're saying that the calculated shipping on eBid doesn't match Canada Post? I've never used calculated shipping. What item number? If you post it, I'll have a look as well.

View cajo712's Feedback (+566)
    All-About cajo712
    View cajo712's Listings
    Forum Posts

Calculated shipping for an "expedited" parcel does not work within eBid. It will show as "not available". Change expedited to regular and it works just fine.

I tested your pin cushion to Belgium and the price matches the Canada Post site.

You only accept money orders as payment. They cost $7 so that ups the price quite a bit.

Your international mailing price for the bookmarks and smaller finished cross stitch items are priced at letter post prices. They should be mailed as light packets. Letter post is for paper only.

I hope this helps.

Joan

Quote Originally Posted by cajo712 View Post
    Calculated shipping for an "expedited" parcel does not work within eBid. It will show as "not available". Change expedited to regular and it works just fine.

I tested your pin cushion to Belgium and the price matches the Canada Post site.

You only accept money orders as payment. They cost $7 so that ups the price quite a bit.

Your international mailing price for the bookmarks and smaller finished cross stitch items are priced at letter post prices. They should be mailed as light packets. Letter post is for paper only.

I hope this helps.

Joan
    Expidited is cheaper than regular parcel if you have their card.

If i mailed bookmarks and other small pieces as small packet the rates are much higher and with 2 + 3 dollar items postage costs more than the item. They are small and flat and I can get away with letter mail. Rates are almost to double as of March this year. I am not a fan the Canada Post and their rates, so I will get items out the cheapest way I can. Maybe not quite what Canada Post would want, but if I can do it I will.

If you were to check several items you would find the rates are not the same. Some I would loose money on.

When the new rates take effect in March I am going to have to revamp the whole postage costs thing and maybe sadly stop selling outside North America.
    Last edited by Skysteed; 22nd January 2014 at 04:34 AM.

I was away on a family emergency for 2 weeks and just got back to check. Seems the mailing rates have straightened themselves out. I think they were missing the fuel charges and tax originally.
    Small packet has no insurance, that is why I don't use PayPal. I used to trust buyers, not now. Been ripped off with bounced checks, and claims of non received items when I sent with no tracking or insurance.
    Small packet is the fastest and cheapest for items that I can't send through letter mail.
    All I can do is list as I have and if doesn't sell I will continue selling at the vendors markets in the summer.
    Mailing costs are killing all of us small sellers. The big guys have the selling power and get the big mailing discounts.
    If all us small sellers stopped selling on line the post offices ( Can. + US) would go broke. But they are there anyway.

Thread Information