Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBid site difficult to use to purchase

Unhappy eBid site difficult to use to purchase

Just found 3 items - all buy it now - but no option to select them all then make one visit to paypal - would be really useful. The site is very difficult to navigate as useful everyday things like making a payment are so difficult to find - I click on My eBid at the top then my purchases, then go right down past tht enormous lit of 'features' i can upgrade to, to find my items - then... oh it just take too long when you've got lots to buy.

Default Re: eBid site difficult to use to purchase

If you are buying more than one item from a buyer then just use Buy It Now for all the items. Then simply click request for an invoice. If you do that you can also add a note to see if you can get a discount on shipping. When you get the invoice you will then be able to make a single payment.

If buying from multiple sellers you have to pay seperately anyway.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Were they all from the same seller? If not, then this is not surprising. If they were, buy them and then request an invoice.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

If I intend to buy more than one thing from a seller then I find it easier to browse first and put anything I like onto my watch list. Then I go to my list at the end and simply click the buy now buttons one after the other and then request an invoice.

Just to clarify on this for eBid team - 3 different sellers, I was one of them. So this would be a shopping cart facility for buyers where one visit to checkout pays all the sellers.

Richard (stamfordtown), I can't speak for eBid, but I think a shopping cart facility will come eventually - although its probably not a high priority. It's only recently that the Multiple Instant Checkout facility has been introduced for multiple purchases from just one seller with shipping auto combined - something I use (and increasingly others) to make it easier, that is something I see as a natural progression to the shopping cart. The good thing about eBid is that they listen and they do read threads on the forum.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    If I intend to buy more than one thing from a seller then I find it easier to browse first and put anything I like onto my watch list. Then I go to my list at the end and simply click the buy now buttons one after the other and then request an invoice.
    Ditto Cornishmaid. If you're concerned about shipping costs, you can use the Q&A at the bottom of one of the listings to ask about shipping discounts before purchasing.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Ditto Cornishmaid. If you're concerned about shipping costs, you can use the Q&A at the bottom of one of the listings to ask about shipping discounts before purchasing.

?? This thread has nothing to do with shipping costs...

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    ?? This thread has nothing to do with shipping costs...
    Oops! I thought maybe OP wanted to bundle to save on shipping and that's why he/she wanted one checkout.

Back to the coffee maker, time for a refill or several, LOL.

thanks,
    unfortunately doesn't solve the issue - in ebay you can pay for multiple items in one go so not sure why eBid can't use the same method? A real pain for someone like me that collects postcards and may buy from 10 different sellers in one go.

Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stamfordtown View Post
    thanks,
    unfortunately doesn't solve the issue - in ebay you can pay for multiple items in one go so not sure why eBid can't use the same method? A real pain for someone like me that collects postcards and may buy from 10 different sellers in one go.
    I think that facility is a fairly new one on ebay (either that or I haven't bought from several sellers at the same time before!) so it will probably take a while for ebid to catch up with that development. Don't forget that ebay have a lot more money to throw at developing the site - because they charge higher fees and also make money from the payment itself (paypal) they have more money to play with.

I agree it's a very useful feature though.
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

Thread Information