My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: combined postage

Question combined postage

hello there i have a person bid on two of my items and as i am a newbie wondered do you have an invoice where you can combine the postage similar to *bay as it is the first time i have sold on here

thanks
    catherine

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: combined postage

Hi,
    yes you do, you can sort all that out when both items have sold, and you go to the dropdown "after auction" menu, and go to send invoice. That lets you sort out the discounts and everything

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Dark said, you can combine postage and/or add shipping or other discounts to the invoice itself. If you offer combined shipping, you might want to mention this on the individual listings and/or the About Me page if you don't already do so.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View wgbps9's Feedback (+9382)
    All-About wgbps9
    View wgbps9's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi, i sell stamps on e-bid,my latest buyer has come up with a gripe.(which i agree with) having bought a few stamps, he has to ask me for a invoice,as i combine postage on extra items. i can only find this out if i go to my personal e-mail's,or hunt through the stamps to find out which one he has requested for a combined invoice for.I do think e-bid should come up with what e-**** do and allow you to add to combined postage button/tag or something similar. as all this adds time to finalise the sale and get them posted,
    P.S merry xmas to all buyers & sellers

Quote Originally Posted by wgbps9 View Post
    hi, i sell stamps on e-bid,my latest buyer has come up with a gripe.(which i agree with) having bought a few stamps, he has to ask me for a invoice,as i combine postage on extra items. i can only find this out if i go to my personal e-mail's,or hunt through the stamps to find out which one he has requested for a combined invoice for.I do think e-bid should come up with what e-**** do and allow you to add to combined postage button/tag or something similar. as all this adds time to finalise the sale and get them posted,
    P.S merry xmas to all buyers & sellers

There is an auto combined postage system on eBid.

Multiple Instant Checkout. By using this if a buyer comes along and purchases 8 stamps your postage will auto combine to 80p for the whole lot.
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 16th December 2012 at 04:18 PM.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recently purchased a multiple order, and the instant combined invoice from eBid charged the full undiscounted amount. The seller had to actually send an invoice with the adjustments.

If multiple purchases are going to be bought, is best to wait until all listings end, then seller can send a combined invoice, including any discounted amounts. Once completed, the top of the any of the listing's invoice will give the option to add on (combine) any or all other completed sales to the invoice. Discounts in item cost and or s/h discounts can then be added to that combined invoice.

Forum Newbie
    All-About wgbps9
    View wgbps9's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi again,
    The top paragraph is my point exactly, when i go on another site (bid-s***t)and buy 20 odd stamps i hav'nt got in my collection,after i have chose them ,all i do is go to cart, and pay,all discounts have automatically been done.so i just wait for them to drop through my letter box.

hi again,
    The top paragraph is my point exactly, when i go on another site (bid-s***t)and buy 20 odd stamps i hav'nt got in my collection,after i have chose them ,all i do is go to cart, and pay,all discounts have automatically been done.so i just wait for them to drop through my letter box.
    The facility is here to use on eBid - it is down to the sellers to use it.

If anyone buys 5.....10........15........20 or whatever amount of my cards the postage is automatically combined when they go to checkout.

There is no need to for them to wait for any invoice - although some do and that is absolutely fine.

wgbps9 - that example you have used above is exactly what is available here for sellers to use - why are you not using it? I have put very rough instructions on another thread on how to do it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About wgbps9
    View wgbps9's Listings
    Forum Posts

cheer's deanosaur 1972,reading it now.

cheer's deanosaur 1972,reading it now.
    Looking good

Just another point........ all your listings are run til sold. If you changed that to 10 day listings (keeping the buy it now price of course - and you can set them to auto repost 10 times) you would likely sell a hell of a lot more. You could bulk edit to change them - although it would be better to split them up in batches and do it gradually so you have different start and finishing times. The visibility of your items to onsite stamp buyers would take a dramatic leap forward - it would also mean you have an every changing shop front rather than the static version at the moment where it will always look the same.
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 17th December 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Thread Information