Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should BIN Purchase Require Immediate Payment?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, BIN Purchases Should Be Paid Immediaely

9 34.62%
  • No, BIN Purchases Should Not Be Paid Immediately

8 30.77%
  • The Current BIN Payment System Is Fine

6 23.08%
  • Buddy Points For BIN Purchases Should Be Awarded After Completed Payment

17 65.38%
  • Buddy Points To Buyer of BIN Should Continue To Be Awarded Immediately

1 3.85%
  • Buddy Points Earned By A NPB Should Be Removed

17 65.38%
  • A NPB Should Keep Their Earned Buddy Points From BIN Purchase

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BIN To BUDDY

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: BIN To BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    The concepts of screaming, force, demand, mild threat, pushing, compulsion are found no where except in your post. Apparently it is your perception of what is being said. Speaking only for myself, I said none of it; your perceptions belong to you.
    no its not my perception its the only outcome of a forced immediate payment unless you have a better idea which you dont,.

so after 20 years of e-commerce trading various sites in various country the BIN was born
    immediate payment was offered and some were in the depths of time some one did not pay do you really think the whole raft of possible arrangements for immediate payment have not been fought over, the only possible upgrade to stay within the format of immediate payment is compulsion /forced payment and its never been implemented i wonder why i also wonder why its a rare day you see a BIN on feebay with immediate payment required because its insulting to a buyer who had every intention of paying straight away smacks of a slightly paranoid seller,

the real reason you never recived payment you have not mentioned nor has anyone else on this thread the fix for that is "time"

the only possible way a
    immediate payment can be forced is to legislate we have many many laws in the uk regarding e-commerce sales in not one paragraph does it compel a buyer to instantly pay for a BIN

"As a seller I would not want to use BIN if that means I was forcing my buyers to pay immediately Im happy if they pay within the timescale I give , its up to the seller to decide if he wants to force immediate payment on his buyers."

the above is a part quote from reply at 9 the perception of a forced payment is not just mine

Last edited by sidthelamp; 11th October 2012 at 09:11 AM.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always thought BIN meant Buy the item now rather than start a bidding process (if the item has a bid option as well) or Buy the item now so no one else can buy it until I pay up within the allotted time given. To me, it doesn't mean pay now, right away, immediately.

If I remember correctly, Immediate payment required (over on Ebay) means the item is still available for sale until you pay for it.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, I use the IPR option when listing items on the bay with BIN. It keeps the item from being pulled from the marketplace until the transaction is made. Frankly, I see no reason for the buyer to delay payment if they are purchasing the item. Ordinarily you would pay for your purchases before taking them out of the store so I don't see where a buyer should take offense to being asked to pay when they purchase an item.

Of course, in the case of using a shopping cart, it is fine to place an item in your cart and pay at checkout. Since it doesn't actually remove the item from availability until it is paid for.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, I use the IPR option when listing items on the bay with BIN. It keeps the item from being pulled from the marketplace until the transaction is made. Frankly, I see no reason for the buyer to delay payment if they are purchasing the item. Ordinarily you would pay for your purchases before taking them out of the store so I don't see where a buyer should take offense to being asked to pay when they purchase an item.

Of course, in the case of using a shopping cart, it is fine to place an item in your cart and pay at checkout. Since it doesn't actually remove the item from availability until it is paid for.

Glad to see that IPR with BIN seems to work for some sellers. It's not for everyone, that is why the choice to use it is available. Buyers who are ok with the option and want the item(s) will buy and pay.

Does the Bay have a properly functioning shopping cart?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far to the poll. Also thank you for post comments. The responses so far indicate that sellers do vary on this important issue, thus choice/opt in for IPR for BIN may be a good feature for eBid.

The shopping cart issue, also mentioned as a possible feature for eBid, may work here. My question, "is it functional on the Bay" was asked, because insights into its functionality there, may help in determining if it would be a suitable option for eBid. I know it works in other settings, but I haven't used the Bay in a while.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was under the impression that after 2 payment reminders are left, and feedback left, that "request refund" automatically appeared as an option. It did not appear this time, so had to go the previous route of requesting refund for NPB (x2).

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I was under the impression that after 2 payment reminders are left, and feedback left, that "request refund" automatically appeared as an option. It did not appear this time, so had to go the previous route of requesting refund for NPB (x2).
    Well it does; 3 days after the second reminder is sent, appropriate feedback left, and it is reported to eBid. I thought it showed up right away. Long story short, eBid helped sort it out, and I received refund of fees. Support here continues the best no matter what options are in place.

Thread Information