Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: feepay raise fvf to 12%

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

Sellers are sucked in by the thought that its "only a 2% rise"

I won't be sucked in because of a 2% rise. If this goes ahead then I will be able to make money there instead of losing it.

I've done my sums

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well the fat cats at FeeBay need to make sure they can keep their multi-million pound wages funded, just like water rates go up to cover the wages of chief execs etc and how energy bills go up in Britain to keep the gravy train going for the people who own energy companies, like how foreign companies own most of Britain’s energy suppliers now yet energy bills are a lot higher in Britain than in the countries our energy companies are now owned by, so you have to ask, are we subsiding cheaper energy in these countries by having higher prices here in Britain? Don't know about “rip-off Britain” any more, more like “rip-off world” we live in.

I am glad I do not trade on eBay anymore. With the last couple of increases to their final value fees a little over 4 years ago, it meant I was losing money on the items I sell so I quit using eBay aka FeeBay nearly 4 years ago. Profit margins on my items are far too slim for eBay’s constant extortionate and greedy fee structures. I cannot afford to sell everything at a loss!

FeeBay thinks it is unsinkable! Iceberg ahead FeeBay, oops, too late, you already hit it with constant increases in fees and unfair and government legislation violating policies, and I for one will not be placing a plaque on the rusting hulk of FeeBay as it rusts away at the bottom of the ocean with the loss of "all listings onboard"..
    Last edited by rokins_toys; 13th June 2012 at 11:43 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View Aluminium's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Aluminium
    View Aluminium's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I agree...if my listings there went round and round for weeks without being sold I would have made no money at all.

With no listing fees I wouldn't mind so much paying 12%
    Just like they do on Ebid! listings go round and round for weeks without selling, making no money at all........

I joined ebid because of the high listing and FV fees on ebay, but because nothing sells here on Ebid I have gone back to Ebay. I'd rather pay higher fees and stand a chance than just waste time and effort on here. At least there is life on Ebay.

IMHO, its time Ebid started a decent sustained advertising campaign to attract buyers here.
    For quality aluminium profiles visit - http://the-aluminium-store.ebid.net

Have you joined Ebid yet? If not join HERE. Its free!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminium View Post
    Just like they do on Ebid! listings go round and round for weeks without selling, making no money at all........

I joined ebid because of the high listing and FV fees on ebay, but because nothing sells here on Ebid I have gone back to Ebay. I'd rather pay higher fees and stand a chance than just waste time and effort on here. At least there is life on Ebay.

IMHO, its time Ebid started a decent sustained advertising campaign to attract buyers here.
    All of my feedback here is from eBid. I sell regularly ...but it would cost me a lot more if I were selling on eBay.

The point I was making was that I make money on my sales because I don't have to repeatedly pay for relistings.

Forum Newbie
    View bsd271's Feedback (+1102)
    All-About bsd271
    View bsd271's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesbest View Post
    i only list on there site when they have free listing weeks, so whilst i was paying 10% final value fee a 12% rise will mean 2% less for me.
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? !

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

i only list on there site when they have free listing weeks,
    same here 99.9% of the time. Otherwise I only list things on there that I *KNOW* will sell first time around. If its things that I dont know for definite will sell, and its not a free listing time, then I dont, and I list on here instead.

Insane lot arent they?

The only certain thing about this is that it will increase revenues for eBay, and the 2% extra is on shipping as well. Some sellers will gain by not paying listing fees and paying 2% extra, others will lose out, but as sure as eggs is eggs eBay will have calculated that there will be more losers than gainers. With luck it will mean more listings on eBid, and for every one that moves it is one less on eBay. The listings gap is closing and this might speed it up a bit. For other sellers on eBay they will increase prices, this will make eBid even cheaper for buyers, with a greater choice. My sales are still increasing at a steady rate, I am doing nothing differently and the majority of my buyers are new to eBid, maybe the choice and price on here is finally starting to get the buyers interested.

I would sooner pay 12% with no listing fees any day, listing fees can be very expensive especially when they dont sell.

Quote Originally Posted by whittingtonsales View Post
    I would sooner pay 12% with no listing fees any day, listing fees can be very expensive especially when they dont sell.
    I would sooner pay 2% with no listing fees or store fees.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whittingtonsales View Post
    But don't forget that their fvf was once 5%.

And ebids is only 2%

Thread Information