eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How long should auc tions be allowed to run for ?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How long should auc tions be allowed to run for ?

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I see nothing wrong with any seller using any options eBid is offering and why there should be a need of explaing why they have chosen to do so.

On this situation I think it fits into the same idea as YDC ---- most of the time on that type of auction people don't seem to be listing because they need to sell the item or buying because they really need the item ---- both sides of the transaction are often because they are wanting to do charitable help. When I was taking part in YDC I often purchased and had the item either relisted or given to someone else (sometimes the sellers choice).

It isn't that they buyers never want what they are bidding on in a charity type auction but I do feel they have a different consideration as to how the auction is being conducted as how long it would be running or if they had to bid instead of being able to use a BIN.
    I absolutely agree that sellers are free to choose whatever type of listing style they wish without being required to explain themselves. However, a discussion of different styles & the reasoning for using one over the other can be advantageous. While it might not change a particular sellers mind, it does give them access to the ideas of other sellers on the subject. Of course, this is true about more than just listing length.

I'm not quite sure how being a listing for a charitable cause relates any differently than one done for profit. Personally, I wouldn't want to wait two to four weeks for an auction to end even if it is for a good cause. But that's just a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I absolutely agree that sellers are free to choose whatever type of listing style they wish without being required to explain themselves. However, a discussion of different styles & the reasoning for using one over the other can be advantageous. While it might not change a particular sellers mind, it does give them access to the ideas of other sellers on the subject. Of course, this is true about more than just listing length.

I'm not quite sure how being a listing for a charitable cause relates any differently than one done for profit. Personally, I wouldn't want to wait two to four weeks for an auction to end even if it is for a good cause. But that's just a personal opinion.
    Yes when i bid in a Buddy auction i want it to end soon as ive bid.

Live Free And Fly High, New Mexico, United States
    View CrazyJays's Feedback (+106)
    All-About CrazyJays
    View CrazyJays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lol.......

Thread Information