eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

Default Re: There is increasing demand for CANCEL ORDER option

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    While admittedly I do relate most to auction format selling, my main concern with having this feature is that it might make the process too easy and thus become something that buyers might get the idea that sellers should do it simply at their request. Personally, I have no problem with it provided it there can be safeguards against sellers being intimidated into cancellations willy-nilly.

I'm well aware of the different variety of auction formats and that some are not applicable in online situations, however, there are certain aspects that involve procedures entirely different from retail (fixed price) methods of selling. Unfortunately, it is easy for bidders to confuse the two resulting in misunderstandings and ill will. I simply don't want an option suitable for one method of selling to be forced on a method for which it is not suitable.

Naturally, if the eBid administration is convinced that the option is useful and they choose to adopt it, I will not complain. I'm merely using this thread to voice my concerns during this process of consideration. Obviously, it is Gazza & Mark that have to be convinced.
    Would it work for you if only the seller had this option.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Would it work for you if only the seller had this option.
    Frankly, I don't see how it could possibly work if the buyer had the option to merely hit a button and cancel a transaction. While under UK DSRs I understand the buyer has certain rights of cancellation with regard to fixed price sales transactions, I don't believe they should merely be presented a button for them to do it. Surely it is not a violation of UK DSRs or too much of an inconvenience for a customer wanting to cancel an order to be required to put that request in the form of a message or email? To place a CANCEL button in the invoice or order confirmation email would be ludicrous, in my opinion.

I would hope that, should the option be adopted, that there would also be safeguards to insure that seller's couldn't use the button or option to simply cancel a transaction because there might be an issue with the customer that the didn't want to deal with. After all, in any type of business there are the occasional issues that arise which requires customer service. I would hate to see a cancellation option become a substitute for sellers addressing such issues.

Of course, I would also hope that such an option, if adopted, would be restricted to fixed price listings to avoid possible conflict with auction and contract law. Perhaps some sort of alternate option could be established for those type of listings. Although online auctions are not bid by outcry affairs that many people associate with auction selling, they do involve the competitive bidding resulting in a binding agreement.

I would have no objection to a system that permitted the buyer to advise the seller selling fixed price that they wished to cancel a transaction in accordance with their rights under the UK Distance Selling Rules and the seller having a simple option available to comply. However, I would object to winning bidders being given the option to cancel a transaction under rules that do not apply. That would cause a problem with an auctioneer acting on behalf of his/her principal. Not to mention the potential for abuse and auction interference.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have repeatedly said that I, personally, am only looking for a seller option. What others may want and see a need for I can't say, of course. But I'd like a seller-controlled cancellation routine, and I'd like some indication from Gazza what they think of the idea so we know if there's any point in continuing discussion, please?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I have repeatedly said that I, personally, am only looking for a seller option. What others may want and see a need for I can't say, of course. But I'd like a seller-controlled cancellation routine, and I'd like some indication from Gazza what they think of the idea so we know if there's any point in continuing discussion, please?
    With you there , i have had one this week wanted to cancel one item because they decided to order larger quantity on another listing,
    The other side would have let me do a mutual agreed cancelation and every one happy.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Posted Today by Gazza in another thread....

We're also currently working on a "Cancel this sale" and "Edit quantity sold" options for the Seller's AAL dropdown.

Gazza

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Posted Today by Gazza in another thread....

We're also currently working on a "Cancel this sale" and "Edit quantity sold" options for the Seller's AAL dropdown.

Gazza
    Great, thanks - hadn't caught up with that yet.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bump because this is more important than Weaverboy's suggestions (and I know that management are working on it)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

How's it going boys?

Might have seen this in a dream, but think there was a cancel option in an item i sold other day in the AAL.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Might have seen this in a dream, but think there was a cancel option in an item i sold other day in the AAL.
    It wasn't a dream, there is now a cancel option, I used it a couple of days ago.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Thread Information