Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: September 2011 Newsletter Competition

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default September 2011 Newsletter Competition

Never even saw a copy of this newsletter.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: September 2011 Newsletter Competition

I am so glad you said this. I have been searching through my Archive and couldn't see it anywhere

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid Newsletter September 2011
    Lost your username or password? | Unsubscribe | Go to eBid Now

abyorkie of Batley, UK is impressed with how we're getting your items out into the 'net, and has some advice he'd like to share. "I thought I would have another look at the Google searches and was pleasantly surprised. By just putting in a key word into the main Google search engine ... my items appeared on the first and then 3rd pages, so I drilled down a bit more and put in a very specific keyword ... and it came out top of page 1!! Very impressed."

Important News from Google Shopping for all Sellers
    Google Shopping have been making some changes to their policies as to which items they will accept for promotion on their site. Make sure you check out this News posting for more information. They are asking for brands and barcodes (ISBN/UPC/EAN) to be added to listings when they are available. All CDs, DVDs, Books and Video Games have barcodes on the back. Enter them into the "Barcode" fields on our listing form.
    If your items don't have barcodes then there's a very simple form for you to fill out and request exemption and to continue having your items promoted on Google Shopping. Details on the News posting link just above.

News from Gazza

• 4,468,690 Live Auctions
    • 20,796 eBid Stores Live RECORD

Another month gone, and Christmas is coming... no, don't worry we're not going to talk about that too much yet, but if you haven't got your Christmas stock listed yet, we guess you will have soon.
    Don't forget you can prepare listings in advance and import them from eBay in the eBid Ninja Lister and then launch en masse when you're ready.
    August was another great month, and we trust you're enjoying September just as much. We keep hitting record numbers, and we're gaining followers for our social networking accounts on Facebook and Twitter - visit them or follow us today to keep up with our great Promo offers, like the copies of Fifa 12 on the Xbox 360 and PS3 that we are auctioning on our UK site for just £0.01, that's right, just a penny, ends 28th Sept.
    More amazing eBid Promo auctions will be announced for the US and other eBid territories in the next 24hrs and also the launch of affiliate program, one of the most generous on the web, with payouts of up to $99.99 for referring a single user to eBid, so follow now!
    Some updates made since our last newsletter.

• UPDATE - Added Media Item search to Sell page.
    • UPDATE - Fixed language problems to allow non-English characters to show correctly.
    • UPDATE - Buddy Point Leaderboard changed to worldwide.
    • BUGFIX - Canada Post calculations were being calculated at "Small Business Rates" and did not include Fuel Surcharge or Tax.
    • BUGFIX - Removed alert when entering negative discounts (adding money to) to invoices.
    • UPDATE - Added message when listing media items that a barcode is recommended.
    • BUGFIX - WYSIWYG editor buttons disabled after using "Choose Photo" overlay.

National Football League
    September sees the start of the NFL season. The season currently starts on the Thursday night in the first full week of September (the Thursday after Labor Day) and runs weekly to late December or early January. The league is divided evenly into two sub-divisions known as "conferences". At the end of each regular season, six teams from each conference play in the NFL playoffs, a twelve-team single-elimination tournament that culminates with the championship game, the famous Super Bowl. If you're a fan of the sport, or perhaps just starting to learn about it, you should take a look at our sports cards and stickers category, or maybe just search for "Football" and see what interesting things turn up.

Lost in Translation

As you know, eBid's "official language" is English. As soon as the site went global you started asking us to provide versions of eBid in your own home language; we listened and we made the changes. You can now join from many countries around the world and use the site in your home tongue. Now a funny thing has happened, we're starting to be asked to translate it back! For some of you your home tongue isn't necessarily that of the country where you're now based, and being able to use eBid in the original English would be extremely helpful. Once again we've listened to you, and we understand where you're coming from. We're going to be putting English options alongside the national language as soon as we can.

Competition
    Welcome once again to the eBid Newsletter Competition. Congratulations go to hrhcsh who knew it was 1984 when the Space Shuttle Discovery took off on its maiden voyage. One eBid Goody Bag AND an Apple 2GB iPod Shuffle will be winging your way soon!
    So now for this month's question: What are the subdivisions of the NFL called? Are they a) committees b) conferences or c) condominiums?
    Your entries must include the following details:

1. Answer to the competition question
    2. Your eBid username
    3. Name and address for sending out any prizes

Incomplete entries will be automatically deleted. Closing date 15 Oct 2011. Email answers to competitions@ebid.net

Until next month,
    Gazza & Mark

eBid Newsletter is produced by Kimbo!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As many people never seemed to get the newsletter, and I always did, I started a Newsletter page displaying the current and last issues: http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...newsletter.asp

If I am now not going to get a copy, there seems little point in me continuing this. I may as well release the webspace it consumes and the time it take me to format it to suit the page.

The best option, if they can't sort out email delivery, would be for eBid to place the current and last issues (or even an archive - though older copies are of little use) on the site.

I never win competitions, but I would like to be in with at least a chance.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never got it either

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I Received the eBid.net Sept. Newsletter on Sept. 26, 2011 via eMail.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I Received the eBid.net Oct. Newsletter on Nov. 2, 2011 via eMail.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do receive the newsletters, but they do not arrive at the same times consistently. I assume that they are sent out at random times instead of on a precise schedule.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

No point in my getting one as it just arrives as hypertext jibberish
    Better idea is to have it available on site somewhere!

Thread Information