Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Buyer left 37 x neutral FB, all 'No Comment'

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer left 37 x neutral FB, all 'No Comment'

I thought example feedback reminders had already been posted in the forum, I must admit.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Subject: eBid - Feedback Required - DESIGN eBid shop store banner logo

Unsubscribe and edit eBid email preferences at http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?mo=account-emails
    This is an automated email.
    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

-------------------------------------------------------
    eBid - Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy http://www.ebid.net

message from eBid : REQUEST TO LEAVE FEEDBACK

Hi widgets,

If you get a few seconds spare we would appreciate you leaving feedback for bykimbo (SELLER) in regards to the auction DESIGN eBid shop store banner logo TEST RUS.

Click the link below and give bykimbo a simple positive, neutral or negative rating for their role in the transaction.

This is an automated request sent out after a specific time period since the sale date. Feel free to ignore if you don't wish to leave any feedback.

================

Add Feedback Now : http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...58436#33058436

Your role : BUYER

Auction Title : DESIGN eBid shop store banner logo TEST RUS
    Auction ID : 33058436
    Sale Date : Wed 27 Oct 2010 07:36:13 (GMT)

Add Feedback Now : http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...58436#33058436

================

Thanks for using eBid for your auctions.

Happy Bidding!!
    eBid Auction Team

eBid - Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy http://www.ebid.net

It's possible the email has been posted and I missed it. Thank you for listing it again. The wording is polite and reasonable, so I don't think a buyer should be offended by the request.

Then I turned my brain on (after how many posts here? Duh.) The items were purchased on June 25, and the feedback was left on July 15. I think that this email is sent after 30 days. Which means this was NOT in response to the request. It means the buyer logged on deliberately in order to leave the feedback, and probably used the handy-dandy feature to copy the first feedback (No comment) into the other 37 items.

Very strange. Now I understand why the OP is so perturbed, all this time I really thought the email triggered a negative attitude.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    It's possible the email has been posted and I missed it. Thank you for listing it again. The wording is polite and reasonable, so I don't think a buyer should be offended by the request.
    That title bugs me, *required*.

Then I turned my brain on (after how many posts here? Duh.) The items were purchased on June 25, and the feedback was left on July 15. I think that this email is sent after 30 days. Which means this was NOT in response to the request. It means the buyer logged on deliberately in order to leave the feedback, and probably used the handy-dandy feature to copy the first feedback (No comment) into the other 37 items.
    Ah, good point, I didn't look at any of the timing.

Very strange. Now I understand why the OP is so perturbed, all this time I really thought the email triggered a negative attitude.
    Ah well, I do rather feel it's a fuss about not very much. Neutral is neutral, not negative. I've never let a calm neutral put me off a purchase, I don't think most people would. We all want effusive praise every time, and it's difficult to avoid taking anything else personally - but really we should just moan to our mates, kick the virtual cat, and not let it bother us. And I still hate the automatic reminders.
    Last edited by bykimbo; 26th July 2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: fix quoting

The buyer has obviously got the hump over something and with only one side to the story think its best to reserve judgement.

As for feedback reminders the best thing would be for sellers being able to opt out of this then everyone would be happy ---- maybe.

Can we please put this feedback reminder thing out of the way? That's not relevant, IMO. Anyone can delete 37 x emails, no-one can be forced to leave feedback, that is not the issue, please stop dragging the thread off-topic discussing this. In any case I think the feedback reminder went out several days after FB was received.

Buyers response:

Hello - I was unhappy with the postage situation, but accept that you did resolve the position after I had queried it. What I did not get back to you about was that there were quite a few of the stamps you sent me that were completely the wrong stamps for the descriptions given. I did not want to send these back you as they were such low value items, and I don't ever give negative feedback unless absolutely necessary. As a general comment, I am amazed at some of the very poor quality stamps you have on your site, many badly damaged, and the prices you are wanting for them. Many should simply be space fillers. I hope this helps.

So having received some stamps that had apparently been catalogued incorrectly, the buyer was bothered about it enough to leave 37 x feedbacks (I make that at least 75 mouse clicks), but not to take two minutes to send am email saying, for example, 'incorrect items sent - please contact to discuss'. I find this odd anyway, surely stamp collectors look at the picture to make sure they are getting the stamp they want, don't they? The comment about 'poor quality stamps... badly damaged... prices' kind of beggars belief coming from someone who ordered 37 items! I am doing pretty regular sales doing stamps at 1/3 of catalogue prices, I'm not raking it in but was happy to see them going to a good home. Now I am not so sure, this is not what my grandfather had in mind when he gave me the bloomin' stamps, I used to think they were great when I was a teen, now I kind of wish I had never seen them.

I take the comments about not getting too hung up on feedback on board, I still think if the buyer had no constructive criticism to make through feedback they should have left it alone.

It certainly doesn't encourage me here, it's striking that on the dark side I am 100% of 132 FB over the last 12 months, on D*scogs I am on 99.6% of 722 lifetime ratings, here, 79%+. What's the point of trying to rebuild my rep? I'm pretty much persona non grata here.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    Can we please put this feedback reminder thing out of the way? That's not relevant, IMO. Anyone can delete 37 x emails, no-one can be forced to leave feedback, that is not the issue, please stop dragging the thread off-topic discussing this. In any case I think the feedback reminder went out several days after FB was received.

Buyers response:

Hello - I was unhappy with the postage situation, but accept that you did resolve the position after I had queried it. What I did not get back to you about was that there were quite a few of the stamps you sent me that were completely the wrong stamps for the descriptions given. I did not want to send these back you as they were such low value items, and I don't ever give negative feedback unless absolutely necessary. As a general comment, I am amazed at some of the very poor quality stamps you have on your site, many badly damaged, and the prices you are wanting for them. Many should simply be space fillers. I hope this helps.

I think the Buyer is wrong here - they should have contacted you immediately. They should have told you and given you the opportunity to remedy the situation - not just leave neutral feedback.
    Therefore I think you are justified in asking Support to remove the neutrals.

So having received some stamps that had apparently been catalogued incorrectly, the buyer was bothered about it enough to leave 37 x feedbacks (I make that at least 75 mouse clicks), but not to take two minutes to send am email saying, for example, 'incorrect items sent - please contact to discuss'. I find this odd anyway, surely stamp collectors look at the picture to make sure they are getting the stamp they want, don't they? The comment about 'poor quality stamps... badly damaged... prices' kind of beggars belief coming from someone who ordered 37 items! I am doing pretty regular sales doing stamps at 1/3 of catalogue prices, I'm not raking it in but was happy to see them going to a good home. Now I am not so sure, this is not what my grandfather had in mind when he gave me the bloomin' stamps, I used to think they were great when I was a teen, now I kind of wish I had never seen them.

I take the comments about not getting too hung up on feedback on board, I still think if the buyer had no constructive criticism to make through feedback they should have left it alone.

It certainly doesn't encourage me here, it's striking that on the dark side I am 100% of 132 FB over the last 12 months, on D*scogs I am on 99.6% of 722 lifetime ratings, here, 79%+. What's the point of trying to rebuild my rep? I'm pretty much persona non grata here.
    Giving up because one Buyer behaves like this and you have your Grandfather's love and your obvious successes ? I don't think you should.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    thanks for the heads up... now BB
    another one added to my bb too

@Cheaver

Thanks for that. Well, I'm not giving up, I am just a bit discouraged.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    @Cheaver

Thanks for that. Well, I'm not giving up, I am just a bit discouraged.
    You are bound to be upset - I certainly would have been. I'm glad you are not giving up.
    Don't be discouraged - you have been wronged so try to put it right.

Thread Information