eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wordings that make you not buy?

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Wordings that make you not buy?

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I do agree a restocking fee makes me walk away. However, the rest of this is ABSOLUTELY valid. If an item has been USED, ALTERED OR DAMAGED, the seller absolutely should not have to refund the buyer's money. We have this statement in our selling policies.

If a buyer thinks it's OK to buy an item, damage it, and return it for a full refund, I hope they do leave our store without buying.
    Don't think Craig meant that Tia. I don't accept "change of mind" refunds simply because I go to a great trouble and take a lot of time writing those descriptions to make sure they are as close to 100% as I can and state clearly that it's used or whatever. If, on the other hand an item is DAMAGED on RECEIPT, I will accept a return.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where is states "New" up top right box and then in the description is says mildly used or used once.

View aftech's Feedback (+493)
    All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the description is long, rescue me from boredness by alternating fonts, color or both. Long boring description put the buyer to sleep...zzzzzzz
    Also, if there's something (anything) I need to know, tell me up front. I don't care if it is a long paragraph or such but tell me BEFORE I make my purchase.

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I do agree a restocking fee makes me walk away. However, the rest of this is ABSOLUTELY valid. If an item has been USED, ALTERED OR DAMAGED, the seller absolutely should not have to refund the buyer's money. We have this statement in our selling policies.

If a buyer thinks it's OK to buy an item, damage it, and return it for a full refund, I hope they do leave our store without buying.
    I have just had that happen to me on other side. I sold a red bikini trimmed inm white which I had only tried on , sadly it was too big. The buyer said clasp was broken which I stated it most certainly wasn't when i posted it! They then said it was brown stained , again not at all possible .. it was new!
    They have terrible feedback to boot! Now being threatened with a dispute! I can't believe it, sad thing is if they lodge a dispute paypal will refund them!
    I hasten to add I also have 100% feedback and my goods DSR is 4.9 / 5
    You would think paypal should look at the buyers feedback and mine & see there is something fishy here!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caramia64 View Post
    I have just had that happen to me on other side. I sold a red bikini trimmed inm white which I had only tried on , sadly it was too big. The buyer said clasp was broken which I stated it most certainly wasn't when i posted it! They then said it was brown stained , again not at all possible .. it was new!
    They have terrible feedback to boot! Now being threatened with a dispute! I can't believe it, sad thing is if they lodge a dispute paypal will refund them!
    You would think paypal should look at the buyers feedback and mine & see there is something fishy here!
    Sadly, this is how it is now over there - dishonest buyers have been given 'carte-blanche' to rip off sellers; Hence the growing popularity of ebid - a site with a level playing field!

Quote Originally Posted by caramia64 View Post
    Obviously, "damaged during shipping" is NOT the same as damaged by the buyer. This is a good example. We've never had an item damaged in transit, and we have shipped a large number of very fragile items.

Most sellers know how to pack properly, some of the things I've received would have survived an earthquake. I suspect I'm not the only one who uses the "throw it on the floor and listen for bad sounds" method just before mailing. I started doing that after watching some USPS employees tossing packages around . . . if any were marked Fragile, they didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Sadly, this is how it is now over there - dishonest buyers have been given 'carte-blanche' to rip off sellers; Hence the growing popularity of ebid - a site with a level playing field!
    Apart from non-neg feedback, it could happen on any site (including here).
    Could still receive a neg for it - would only be one persons word against another.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 23rd July 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

not wordin exactly..................but inflated postage
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Apart from non-neg feedback, it could happen on any site (including here).

Yes but we can at least neg the rouge's and I'm not too sure if Paypal can exert the same kind of influence here as they do in ebay!

Added to that support could take a very close look at dodgy dealings!

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    not wordin exactly..................but inflated postage
    It seems that some people expect you just to stick a stamp on the item. They would be willing to pay the exact cost of postage but nowt for packing! Bear in mind too that packing needs to be of bomb proof standards.

So why do we call it Postage & Packing?

Thread Information