eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All of my listings removed? No prior warning?

But they are the powerseller logos that I have earnt, not just a standard ebay logo?

Why would positive credentials and achievements put a buyer off? Unless they were a disgruntled customer of ebay for some reason which I cant help?

It seems Ebid wants to run everything in a bubble with no way of sellers being able to show they are a reputuable business?

I want to be able to re-assure customers, not appear as a totally new seller on the web which I am not. Its standard practise for sellers to show marks they have achieved and as a buyer I would want to know about this from a seller.
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 11th March 2011 at 05:44 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radicalfightstore View Post
    But they are the powerseller logos that I have earnt, not just a standard ebay logo?

Why would positive credentials and achievements put a buyer off? Unless they were a disgruntled customer of ebay for some reason which I cant help?

It seems Ebid wants to run everything in a bubble with no way of sellers being able to show they are a reputuable business?

I want to be able to re-assure customers, not appear as a totally new seller on the web which I am not. Its standard practise for sellers to show marks they have achieved and as a buyer I would want to know about this from a seller.
    Try adding eBid logos on your Me page and/or listings over on ebay with explanation of how reputable you are here on eBid. How long or how far will you get? Is it allowed over there?

x

Yes ebay dont mind links or any images they dont discriminate or have gripes about other sites. People freely advertise their involvement with ebay, ebid and amazon as freely as they like. Afterall why not, it shows all the hard work you put into your business.

I have also worked with them about growing my store there, but have not had so many issues as I have here in such a short space of time, espeically with no sales to even justify time spent.

I really wanted ebid to work but its proving impossibly restrictive. I have over 200+ images and no easy way of being able to bulk edit them on my listings. It would require days of work and I dont think id ever get that back in sales.
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 11th March 2011 at 05:53 PM.

I just think that if you keep on telling eBid how things should be, I cannot see you lasting long.
    The fact is this is eBid, owned by eBid and rules that eBid set need to be abided by.
    I had listings removed when I first started here 3 years ago, and took some time to find out why. Once I found out why (which was due to the bank of England trademark on novelty notes) I simply abided by the eBid ruling (not saying that I agree with it or disagree with it) and listed things that were OK and within all the eBid rules.
    Over the 3 years + I have build up my listings to a level that I am happy with.
    I don't agree that people should be allowed to have 'other site' logos or links when the site is e-commerce, and the reason is that I want people to buy off eBid where my listings are. Likewise if I was selling on a different e-commerce site, I would not want logos showing on there (or links) that encourage people to go to a different site.

raindrops, I appreciate that, but there is no way of bulk editing 200+ images on Ebid. I am not asking ebid to change a thing as my first impressions were very good.

I just would like them to work with me on a resolution rather than just suspending my account?

If there was a way to bulk upload all of my images and attach them to the correct listing Id do it in a second.

If there is a way that I have missed then could some one let me know?

I am asking for help not trying to force change.
    Last edited by radicalfightstore; 11th March 2011 at 05:59 PM.

raindrops, I appreciate that, but there is no way of bulk editing 200+ images on Ebid. I am not asking ebid to change a thing as my first impressions were very good.

I just would like them to work with me on a resolution rather than just suspending my account?

If there was a way to bulk upload all of my images and attach them to the correct listing Id do it in a second.

If there is a way that I have missed then could some one let me know?

I am asking for help not trying to force change.
    I presume that you have a ticket open with support, and if so explain that you know what has gone wrong and if you could be given 24 hours (48 hours etc) to rectify them. You can always escalate a ticket to FAO Gazza or Mark which is what I had to do to get my problem sorted when I first started, and Mark soon resolved it. (Gazza and Mark are the founders)

Without seeing a picture I would not know the best way in which you could edit them fast, can you not upload one to photobucket? If you can, I'll take a look if you send me the photobucket link via private message

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just took a peek at your Me Page and, quite honestly, I was surprised to see eBay icons slapped on there, that put me right off. To me it feels like you are promoting eBay and not eBid.
    Holey-moley, radicalfightstore!!! Get that *bay logo OFF your All About Me page....geeeez!!!

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post

Without seeing a picture I would not know the best way in which you could edit them fast, can you not upload one to photobucket? If you can, I'll take a look if you send me the photobucket link via private message
    The original image is from the OPs web site

Its a nice clear image with no writing on it.(that I noticed)

I have added the words "test" so as not to be accused of anything underhand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes ebay dont mind links or any images they dont discriminate or have gripes about other sites. People freely advertise their involvement with ebay, ebid and amazon as freely as they like.

I really wanted ebid to work but its proving impossibly restrictive. I have over 200+ images and no easy way of being able to bulk edit them on my listings. It would require days of work and I dont think id ever get that back in sales.

I put some listings on Ebay and used pics from Ebid. In less than 12 hrs, my listings were deleted.They sent me an email saying as my pics contained the Ebid logo, They had deleted my listing as they do not accept links or advertising for other sites.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with astral, support are the only ones who can answer your questions regarding your account - as you have opened a support ticket, you should likely hear back from them shortly.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information