eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope I didnt upset anybody but I opened a support ticket asking for help to gain exposure. I'll keep the thread updated

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

If there is no purpose to it then we will struggle, as what you are talking about is just spamming facebook and once the first dozen or so appear on their pages due to our spam then the people quickly remove the spammers from their friends lists.

If you do not have a purpose to it then be careful you do not just get up peoples nose and paint ebid or its users in a bad light.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    If there is no purpose to it then we will struggle, as what you are talking about is just spamming facebook and once the first dozen or so appear on their pages due to our spam then the people quickly remove the spammers from their friends lists.

If you do not have a purpose to it then be careful you do not just get up peoples nose and paint ebid or its users in a bad light.
    The purpose is to invite millions of people similtaneously to view what eBid has to offer. Where spamming comes in I have no clue.
    How an invite to view an auction site can put it in bad light leaves me clueless as well. This is one purpose and one purpose only EXPOSURE!

Posting to your facebook is hardly classed as spamming.

THese are people who choose to be ''friends'' with you - they dont have to read everything you write on your wall.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's not spam. Each person, if they do anything, will be drawing attention to whatever event it is once or twice, I'd guess. There is no need for anybody to keep banging on about it. The chances of each ebidder on facebook having exactly the same bunch of friends who aren't already ebidders, who might then get annoyed by seeing ooh, two or three notices, are pretty slim I think. Of course, any particular ebidder may choose to behave badly and spam their friends list a squillion times, just as some already do with their listings now, but that's the nature of human beings. One man's spam is another man's marketing. Nothing that's been planned or discussed thus far encourages such bad behaviour.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    The purpose is to invite millions of people similtaneously to view what eBid has to offer. Where spamming comes in I have no clue.
    How an invite to view an auction site can put it in bad light leaves me clueless as well. This is one purpose and one purpose only EXPOSURE!
    Millions?

I think it would be as well to be a little more realistic in your ambitions, or you're in for something of a fall!

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Millions?

I think it would be as well to be a little more realistic in your ambitions, or you're in for something of a fall!
    No just playing the numbers game. eBid has 900,000 members lets say only 10% jump on board.
    Through Facebook friends and friends if friends I come up with about 500 contacts each member.
    500 contacts x 90,000 members = 450 million. I don't beleive this to be unrealistic at all however what I do see is a lack of cooperation.
    It's a shame but it would work. In regards to being in for something of a fall unfortunately I fell when I expected more in sales on eBid only
    to find out eBid doesn't have large exposure yet...not rolling eyes but frowning.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am just adding a word of caution, it could backfire if someone does not do their sums beforehand.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am just adding a word of caution, it could backfire if someone does not do their sums beforehand.
    What might this caution be?
    What sums are you referring to?
    Can we count on your support?

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    No just playing the numbers game. eBid has 900,000 members lets say only 10% jump on board.
    Through Facebook friends and friends if friends I come up with about 500 contacts each member.
    500 contacts x 90,000 members = 450 million. I don't beleive this to be unrealistic at all however what I do see is a lack of cooperation.
    It's a shame but it would work. In regards to being in for something of a fall unfortunately I fell when I expected more in sales on eBid only
    to find out eBid doesn't have large exposure yet...not rolling eyes but frowning.
    At the moment it is only regular forum readers that will see this thread.
    Without Ebid's help in this matter - I doubt whether much more than 0.01% of members will be involved (even that is a high figure)

Thread Information