eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: things i have tried to buy on ebid but didnt !

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Now, me being me, I would tend to ask the seller a question and ask them if they would kindly sell 'item' at a price I found at XXXXX

I do believe quite a few sellers are willing to haggle here. Only problem is, there is no Make an Offer function available (yet).

I tried that once and got a load of abuse from the seller stating that that is the price buy it or basically f off and buy it from feebay lol

will try it next time im after something though and see how it goes
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haddons View Post
    I tried that once and got a load of abuse from the seller stating that that is the price buy it or basically f off and buy it from feebay lol

will try it next time im after something though and see how it goes
    And the seller wonders why they can't sell here. tsk tsk

i understand what haddons is saying, i also look on ebid before anywhere else if i am buying, but usually it is not available or more expensive. we still list a small amount on the dark side, however, we list there auction style with a start price the same as the BIN price here, quite often the price goes up, which, considering that they could google it and find it cheaper here seems quite strange. only today we had someone who had missed the auction and asked if we would re list at buy it now, we tried to divert them here, but for some reason they were adamant that they only wanted to buy from the dark side and would find the item elsewhere on that site.......erm, no you wont, its one of our own designs. hopefully they will google it and think they are dealing with someone else

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Jeweleffects
    I think the make an offer idea is quite a good one.
    There is a site in Australia that has it and I have sold one or two items because of it.
    I have said on many of my listings that people can ask me a question, but they hardly ever do.

Forum Newbie
    View truebrit22's Feedback (+454)
    All-About truebrit22
    View truebrit22's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Haddons View Post
    walking frame for my elderly dad - cheapest on here was £39.95 and £6.95 postage !!! purchased elsewhere for total price £18

Flags OF Our FathersS/Letters From Iwo Jima -NEW - total price here £12.45 - purchased elsewhere for £9

Heavy Duty PAPER LOG BRIQUETTE MAKER - NEW price here £ 0 couldnt find one at all !

100 padded envelopes JL3 size - total price here £21.51 - purchased elsewhere for £17.63

rope edge georgian brass lightswitch total price here £ couldnt find one here at all

Learn to play guitar usbourne book - total price here £6.99 purchased elsewhere for £2.73 also seller had a notice here sayin There is currently a temporary problem - Please look, but do not bid just yet - It will be sorted out very soon - Thank you!!!

Mobility grab handle - total price here £11.75 purchased elsewhere £3.65

extending arm / grabber (litter picker thing) price here £7.95 purchased elsewhere £4

7 day pill box - total price here £2.88 purchased elsewhere £1.85

and i could go on

i always check here first for anything i need to buy but its the same everytime it takes an age to search for things and work out which the cheapest option - having to add the postage to each to find the total price and even then im wasting my time as the price is usually lots more than elsewhere

I really want ebid to succeed and be able to buy everything from here but at the moment it just isn't happening and if my experiance of trying to buy from here is the same as other peoples its no wonder ebid isn't taking off as it should be by now.

I sell everything here the same price as i do elsewhere but sales here are pretty much non existant apart from the ydc auctions and odd sale here n there . Please tell me its going to pick up at some point as i'm losing the will to live selling on the otherside lol

I hope i haven't upset anyone with this post as it isn't my intention i just want ebid to pick up and for that to happen people need to start buying from here including myself ! but if prices are as expensive as i have found its no wonder people are staying on the otherside to buy the things they want imo
    At the present we just don't have the volume or variety offered by that other site BUT I'm sure if we stick with it and offer competitively priced goods we can become a viable alternative. I still list on that other site but have moved the majority of my items over to ebid with increasing success...over 60 sales in the past week!....... OK, thats probably an exception but shows that it can be done. Because of the reduced selling costs I can offer items at below that which I see on that other site but agree with what you say about items being listed at above other site prices...........although, to be fair , I did manage to win a pair of bottom ball joints for my Motorhome at well below fleabay prices, so, some sellers are getting it right. I'm here to stay and I hope I can spend even more of my money on EBID as time goes on.
    Best of luck to all.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too, have experienced OP frustration. Looking for a certain thing and is much higher here or doesn't exist at all. But also think some people sell things way too cheap on other side and I wouldn't want to do that either. But it is a buyers market and people will search for the deal if they have the time and inkling to do so. But I still love ebid and keep most of my listings here and try to steer people here all the time. I also have emailed a seller on ebid and asked him to match a price on the other side. He was only too happy to do so.

View smurfury's Feedback (+1373)
    All-About smurfury
    View smurfury's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also look here first and most the time have to buy elsewhere but today i managed to buy 3 items! then when tried to buy something else i noticed the seller had not logged in for a month when i asked him a question this was his reply '' Tue 30 Nov 2010 16:03:04 (GMT)
    Sorry all stock is sold and we are closing our ebid account due to so many non payers and no protection from ebid we are going back to ebay its a much better auction site. Kind regards'' oops! not a happy man. oh well i will just have to keep looking.

Forum Newbie
    All-About ChristysCloset36
    View ChristysCloset36's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truebrit22 View Post
    Because of the reduced selling costs I can offer items at below that which I see on that other site but agree with what you say about items being listed at above other site prices
    I believe that is the key and this is what puzzles me. Are sellers who list on both sites, selling items for the same prices on both sites? I know that when I sold over there I had to include some of the listing fee costs in the base price (especially if it had to be listed more than once) just to make a tiny profit. Not having to pay those high fees is the attraction of Ebid and therefore should the prices not reflect that? I know the clothing I have listed I would have had to sell at 3 or even 4 times the price over there so I am extremely happy to be able to offer better deals here.

Now having said that........I have some health and beauty stuff to list and so naturally I looked at what is available here. I was SHOCKED at the prices being charged. I have been racking my brain trying to think of a logical reason why I or anyone would pay, including shipping, what it would cost them to go to a local store and pick up the item or even more. ?????? After some thought I did realize that the items I was looking at are mostly from states with a much higher cost of living. So.....In a store I may pay 12.99 for an item that they may pay 15.99 or more so if it is worth more in that state they may want to or have to charge more for the item. Does that make sense?

But again, I agree and IMO, I think the only way to attract buyers is to offer better prices, deeper discounts. Is that not what attracted all of to the dark side to begin with???

Im in the same boat, i search here before i go to feebay/google trying to get some feedback established and support a better site...but i have not had much luck yet.

I seen someone on the first page suggested "haggling" i may do this next time i need something, but so far it seems like most items are either much higher in price here or not available

Also, no complaining here. I am grateful for this site as a great alternative to feebay!

Forum Newbie
    All-About ChristysCloset36
    View ChristysCloset36's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe???? Since we all have things that we would like to buy but can not find on here, maybe we should start a thread on what everyone is looking for so that we can all be looking for great deals on those items to list on here. If we all listed just a few of these items I would think it would be very helpful in adding more variety and attracting more buyers???? If we are complaining about the problem then we will have to be the ones to solve it.

Thread Information