Thread: Newbie Seeking Advise

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecub71 View Post
    Hi

I am new to Ebid. And I did come from the greedbay. I have posted 255 items that i moved from the other site. I am getting hits and hope to get bids soon. I was trying to export listing into google base but keep getting errors. I am using the export listing on this site . Any suggestions? Please give feedback on store I really appreciate it. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all. Have a GREAT DAY

http://bobbys-bargain-treasures.ebid.net
    The export listings option is nothing to with Google. eBid will automatically upload your stuff to Google if it has a Buy Now price. Google no longer allows non-merchants (you and me!) to upload directly.

Hi

I am new to Ebid. And I did come from the greedbay. I have posted 255 items that i moved from the other site. I am getting hits and hope to get bids soon. I was trying to export listing into google base but keep getting errors. I am using the export listing on this site . Any suggestions? Please give feedback on store I really appreciate it. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all. Have a GREAT DAY

@thecub71 ... Welcome to eBid! Ditto on bykimbo's post regarding Google. Once you've listed your items it could take a couple days before they're indexed and reach the Google search. As for your store and listings, everything looks really nice to me and you have a lot of variety so that should be good. I'm fairly new here myself but you'll find the forum members are extremely helpful and very nice people. Hope sales start coming around for you soon!

Forum Newbie
    View thecub71's Feedback (+139)
    All-About thecub71
    View thecub71's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank ya for the warm welcome. I been posting on FB alot I know that is one of the reasons i am getting alot of visits. I have a few auctions ending tomorrow I cross my fingers and hope it sells. I was shipping alot on the other site. Do I need to move my feedback from other site to here? just curious i was reading alot of negative and positive about it. Thank you for the feedback to I really appreciate it. Let me know if there are other ways of advertising to. I was thinking craigslist .. i am pulling all my files from the customers on ebay and emailing them where i went so that is about 300 people there. So we will see. Thanks again and Have a GREAT NIGHT

Bobby

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do I need to move my feedback from other site to here? just curious i was reading alot of negative and positive about it.
    If you've read all the positive and negative comments you've seen both sides of the argument and all that's left is to make up your mind. If we all give you advice, it'll just be the same positive and negative. *grin*

Forum Newbie
    All-About simplycountry
    View simplycountry's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Treasure Loft,
    I too am setting up shop here or trying to after operating at e-bay. I looked at your store and noticed that you live not far from me in Florida. I am in Leesburg or the out skirts of it by Lake Square Mall. Good luck with your store. I am getting a lot of hits on items but no sales yet. Still trying to get aquainted with this site and how things work here.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

Hi, Could you enlighten me on what 'export to Google Base' means, please.

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The export listings option is nothing to with Google. eBid will automatically upload your stuff to Google if it has a Buy Now price. Google no longer allows non-merchants (you and me!) to upload directly.
    My reply before must have been done a couple of seconds before your response went on! So my question is answered now, as well.

Thank you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by simplycountry View Post
    Hi Treasure Loft,
    I too am setting up shop here or trying to after operating at e-bay. I looked at your store and noticed that you live not far from me in Florida. I am in Leesburg or the out skirts of it by Lake Square Mall. Good luck with your store. I am getting a lot of hits on items but no sales yet. Still trying to get aquainted with this site and how things work here.
    @simplycountry ... Welcome Mary!! Yep, we're not far apart at all and I go up to Lake Square Mall occassionally. I've had a fair number of views also but like you, no sales yet but I'm optomistic and at least, unlike GreedBay, I'm not paying for all the listing fees until they do sell plus the people here are just sooooooo much nicer and laid back. I still have a lot of items to move over but I'm taking my time with that and once I have then I'll get around to actually opening stores here hopefully. Good luck to you and holler if I can ever help.
    Last edited by TreasureLoft; 30th September 2010 at 01:18 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shellsdesigns View Post
    Hi TreasureLoft, thank you for the link and advice
    shell

@shellsdesigns ... you're very welcome Shell. I just set up my Google Checkout also and still learning my way around it before I actually change my listings here to accept it. Google Checkout is certainly different from PayPal and I'm probably going to be posting questions here soon to learn what other users know about it and how it integrates with eBid. Good luck to you Shell!

Thread Information