eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Totally Lost?? Or lack of confidence?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyCyndis View Post
    I signed up for a store a couple months ago. I finally got a few things listed last week. I have to say I really get discouraged. I have read allot of the help stuff but I am having trouble just getting used to things. I sold elsewhere and transferred my ratings.
    My biggest trouble is that I just cant' find my store logo! I spent way too long trying to make a logo and then it just seems to disappear!
    Could some one tell me what I am doing wrong here?
    I appreciate any and all reasonable replies!!
    Thanks a bunch!
    SimplyCyndi
    If you can remember the name of the banner you saved, then do a search by clicking on Start (on your taskbar at the bottom of your screen) then click on Search and choose the appropriate option for your image.

x

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyCyndis View Post
    I signed up for a store a couple months ago. I finally got a few things listed last week. I have to say I really get discouraged. I have read allot of the help stuff but I am having trouble just getting used to things. I sold elsewhere and transferred my ratings.
    My biggest trouble is that I just cant' find my store logo! I spent way too long trying to make a logo and then it just seems to disappear!
    Could some one tell me what I am doing wrong here?
    I appreciate any and all reasonable replies!!
    Thanks a bunch!
    SimplyCyndi
    Hi SimplyCyndi, and welcome to ebid!

Each site is different. Take a little time to look around, check out other listings, participate in forums, and read past forums for selling tips. It will get easier and easier.

Read your about seller page. What an interesting reason for coming on ebid! Are we really a school experiment?

If you have any questions, just ask. Someone is always here to help you.

Default Help Help I need direction! and Opinions!

I wanted to start a new Thread but I couldn't figure out how to do that!? Can someone Please tell me how to do that?
    Then I need some direction on really where to start? I need to register my Names for Stores. How do I get to a page to Do that? (please give me a link).
    Then after I get My Stores registered I can do a signiture to help bring some of my old customers and sellers to to Ebid. So I want to put a button to bring People here, (i did see how to do that ) on my Hotmail account that I use for business! Whould It be good to get another account just for EBid? Then will I have trouble with PayPal having 2 addresses?
    I only have 60 Feedback on feebay is it worth it to Have that transfered to here?
    Would It be better to start a store first and get some things in it, Or to just start auction style. I am thinking Listing to a store first will give the customers some place to go when they see my signature!? Then I can still drive viewers to EBid when I auction a few things off at Egay.
    Will I still be able to ship using Pay Pal? Then will the tracking# go to EBid or can I add them to my sold Items?
    I see it would be to my advantage here to ship international, can someone direct me to a link that would be usefull to learn more about how you all do that?
    Would I have been better to use a simple name Instead of HawnsHoardingSales when I wanted to use that for one of my stores? Will that be easy to change?
    I still cannot get the Spell check to work here I ddi click where it says add iespell check, I clicked that andi the hand came up with a little yellow symbol but still not spell check!!! I need that! I am a good writer, but a bad speller!
    Links would be good for all. I will be gone most of the day now but I will be back later today. Pam

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Hawns
    Gee, you can get get 60 Feedbacks on the dark side, but you seem totally computer illiterate !

Just have a look round and try things.

Forum Newbie
    View SimplyCyndis's Feedback (+88)
    All-About SimplyCyndis
    View SimplyCyndis's Listings
    Forum Posts

*laugh* I don't know my store address! I am pitiful at this point!
    Cyndi * who is going to look behind the couch!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About SimplyCyndis
    Forum Posts

What better reason to be here than to learn! *grin*
    The slow process of 'learning' sometimes is difficult! Just because it can be so slow...

Forum Newbie
    All-About SimplyCyndis
    Forum Posts

Shew! Thank you! I will give that a try.
    Cyndi *crossing my fingers

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HawnsHoardingSales View Post
    I wanted to start a new Thread but I couldn't figure out how to do that!? Can someone Please tell me how to do that?
    Then I need some direction on really where to start? I need to register my Names for Stores. How do I get to a page to Do that? (please give me a link).
    Then after I get My Stores registered I can do a signiture to help bring some of my old customers and sellers to to Ebid. So I want to put a button to bring People here, (i did see how to do that ) on my Hotmail account that I use for business! Whould It be good to get another account just for EBid? Then will I have trouble with PayPal having 2 addresses?
    I only have 60 Feedback on feebay is it worth it to Have that transfered to here?
    Would It be better to start a store first and get some things in it, Or to just start auction style. I am thinking Listing to a store first will give the customers some place to go when they see my signature!? Then I can still drive viewers to EBid when I auction a few things off at Egay.
    Will I still be able to ship using Pay Pal? Then will the tracking# go to EBid or can I add them to my sold Items?
    I see it would be to my advantage here to ship international, can someone direct me to a link that would be usefull to learn more about how you all do that?
    Would I have been better to use a simple name Instead of HawnsHoardingSales when I wanted to use that for one of my stores? Will that be easy to change?
    I still cannot get the Spell check to work here I ddi click where it says add iespell check, I clicked that andi the hand came up with a little yellow symbol but still not spell check!!! I need that! I am a good writer, but a bad speller!
    Links would be good for all. I will be gone most of the day now but I will be back later today. Pam
    For a signature click here http://www.ebidhelp.com/addingsig.htm
    to start a new thread, click on NEW TOPIC bottom left of page
    For most of your other questions go to http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....and_tricks.htm

When you've done that you can come back for more help if you need it but hopefully you'll be able to cope on your own.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Hawns
    Gee, you can get get 60 Feedbacks on the dark side, but you seem totally computer illiterate !

Just have a look round and try things.
    Lol Julie..... I had more than 400 on t'other side but I can't do any of the things Hawns is asking for help with. If my Son doesn't come over and sort it for me I have to just leave it or ask Kim to take pity on me.
    Some peeps can & some peeps can't, simple as that

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabearsplace View Post
    Op the one thing about this place is that everybody makes you feel welcome and if you take the good advice that is freely given you are on a winner here. I don't know about how you lost your banner, but mine are all in my computer usually stored in documents or pictures. I hope you saved the one you did somewhere on your computer. But there are banners to be had made to order for very little cost by sellers on Ebid, you would be surprised at how reasonable the cost is. Maybe worth a thought.
    You are so right, Mommabear! If it hadn't been for the help and advice of the other members on here, I'd have been totally lost! In fact, I STILL request - and get - help on a pretty regular basis! I also read ASTRAL's eBid Knowledge Base avidly. Actually, I've got it bookmarked to save me time! I also printed and followed JEWELEFFECTS instructions on how to make banners for my stores: Create A Store Banner. I think if it hadn't been for the "Oracles" (my name for these fonts of knowledge!), I'd have done a runner ages ago!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Thread Information