Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loving ebid already!

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Stick at it and sales will come.Look at it as more a long term thing than a short fix.
    You have to work a bit harder maybe,but things will start moving.

Absolutely. Big businesses plan for that delay before the sales come. They don't expect customers to be beating down the door right away. Yet WE want the sales/bid fast.

And consider we rely on google to fling our items into cyperspace, ebid members to notice us, our old buyers to come back, etc. That takes time. As you say, everyone has to work at it too.

OP will notice too, that what you just did, encourage, is something that is common here, but not on other sites. On ebid, new sellers are helped via the forums or even by PM for the shy ones. Everyone is willing to help others because when the new seller gets that first sale, its as great as watching our kids take their first steps.

Quote Originally Posted by shugirl74 View Post
    I agree! It's also so nice not to be terrified of the forums and what people have to say. I have found they genuinely want to help over here. thanks everyone!

You are welcome! So nice to have great new people coming on board!

Agreed. But be forewarned, forum scuffles happen here just like anywhere else. Ebid administration is very clear that these should be reported immediately because demeaning other members is not allowed. If scuffles are not stopped fast, members are allowing these little rascals to censor us and the forums, then it won't be fun here anymore.

If you need any help, just come on the forums and someone is always here to answer your questions. Good luck.

Forum Lurker
    View shugirl74's Feedback (-1)
    All-About shugirl74
    View shugirl74's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks delta. I did read a bit of a political discussion the other day that could have come very close to a scuffle so I stayed completely out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by shugirl74 View Post
    I agree! It's also so nice not to be terrified of the forums and what people have to say. I have found they genuinely want to help over here. thanks everyone!
    I second that! My first experience on the feebay forums I was ripped to shreds. It's so different here, I've not been on these boards much but there seems to be alot more help and genuine kind advice.

Thumbs up Pit of all evil!

I just love the term!! Of course I have no idea what it means ;-) I was elsewhere for 9 years, just doing a bit of buying and selling on Ebid now and then. I have over 2000 feedback there and apart from the fees (ouch) all was fine until today when a seller reported me because I gave her £2.50 discount on P&P as she won 5 auctions but then she wanted more and reported me when I said no to a partial refund. So good old dark side has restricted my auctions so no one can see them! So expect a few mote listings from me as I move them over. Ebid has real people running it, not a helpline that isn't open when I can ring and idiots who don't know what they're doing, wel apart from stinging you with fees of course!! I think I will be very happy here :-) PunkyCupcakeJewels - love the name!!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyCupcakeJewels View Post
    Not really a question just felt like gushing some praise :-) I came here from the pits of all evil which must not be named a couple of days ago and I have to say already there's no comparison. I've only listed a few of my things so far, I'm still figuring it all out and I've not made a sale yet - but I'm very excited :-D as far as views I've got a couple more than I usually get on the darkside with new listings, I'm buried amongst the mahoosive sellers on there, I had 100's of listings and 100% feedback and got next to no visibility. And as for fees - it's so nice not to have to be constantly stressing about them and actually get to just enjoy my hobby because that's all it is a hobby. Today is the first day in months where I've actually just been able to spend all day playing with my jewellery and having fun. I love the layout too, so much easier to use and I love the free shops, the way the shops are set out and the way the listings are set out. So I suppose all I want to say is thankyou ebid! Even if I make no sales in my time here at least it's become a hobby again, and less of a horrible burden.

I will be mentioning ebid to everyone and anyone with ears.

Sorry for wasting your time reading this but it's brightened my life a little already and I needed to say thankyou :-) (gawd how cheesy do I sound)

Ah that's a shame they seem to love shoving people's auctions into obscurity It is horribly one-sided over there, buyers have sellers by the wotsits and feebay actively encourage it. I love the passport holders, so cute, did you make them? I hope you do well on here if you do move more of your listings over, goodluck!

Forum Newbie
    Staffordshire, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View upsadaisy's Feedback (+2)
    All-About upsadaisy
    View upsadaisy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would you say eBid is more for businesses, i'm just a now and then and it's mostly stuff I sell from my family clothes from the kids and figurines are my passion and ive accumulated many over the years and my daughters have to but it is not a business so is eBid still ok for me or will I get lost in the crowd?
    "'Who are You, Lord?' And He said, 'I am Jesus.'" Acts 26:15 -- God does not promise to deliver us from our circumstances, but to be with us in the midst of them.
    --------
    When your in deep water, trust the Man who walked on it!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am selling tons of things (and more to be listed) from having a huge and strict clear out, but I think that anyone (individual or business) can use Ebid. EvilBay is far more for businesses now, look how they are treating individual sellers now You are better off here even if sales are slower because you can list as much as you need to clear out, and relist as often as you need, without all the other crazy "rules".

Default The customer is always right!

I find they take the buyers word every time no matter what it does to the seller. But then they have already taken their fees so they don't care!! This person has left me 5 lots of neutral feedback, very nasty piece of work. Of course, after 2 emails to the site there is still no reply, will get a chance to call them tomorrow and air my views!!

Yes, I made the passport holders, very cute! Hoping to move a few auctions over every day if I can. Some have got bids so at least they will sell over there, but the others will come over here. I know it's a bit quieter here but at least people are friendly. Strangely enough, 30 minutes after sending the first email my auctions started getting views so who knows what they're up to!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyCupcakeJewels View Post
    Ah that's a shame they seem to love shoving people's auctions into obscurity It is horribly one-sided over there, buyers have sellers by the wotsits and feebay actively encourage it. I love the passport holders, so cute, did you make them? I hope you do well on here if you do move more of your listings over, goodluck!

Default Business use

I have been having a major clearout just of clothes, mags etc elsewhere and as I have had a lot of sales I get emails every week asking me if I am a business. I keep calling them and telling them no, then a week later they're off again. There are a lot of businesses on there. I think the people just selling things they don't use like you and I are getting less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I am selling tons of things (and more to be listed) from having a huge and strict clear out, but I think that anyone (individual or business) can use Ebid. EvilBay is far more for businesses now, look how they are treating individual sellers now You are better off here even if sales are slower because you can list as much as you need to clear out, and relist as often as you need, without all the other crazy "rules".

Thread Information