eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to confuse everyone

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How to confuse everyone

I had a buyer order an item, but it showed he had ordered two. After a while I contacted the buyer regarding non payment who in return advised that he had only ordered one. I contacted admin and suggested there was a problem. Ebid agreed to remove the sale as an error.
    I raised another invoice for the one item and issued it, next thing you know the system is showing that the buyer has ordered three.
    So now the buyer is confused, and so are we.
    I emailed the buyer to confirm he still only wanted the one item.

A few days later I receive a message from the buyer asking if we had despatched his order, we had not received any notification from ebid (or paypal for that matter) that a payment had been made, it was only when we checked the Paypal transaction code that we found payment had been made.. Grrrr

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you want them to investigate that, you will need to give the auction ID and ticket numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    or paypal for that matter that a payment had been made
    I know this sounds a daft question but.... did you check your spam folder... I had a case the other week where I got notice from p/pal on two payments but didn't (seem) to get a third.... it wasn't until I was asked if I had dispatched the order yet.... lo and behold I found the notice of payment in my spam folder (it had the usual email address so I have no idea why that one email ended up in the spam folder and the other didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I know this sounds a daft question but.... did you check your spam folder... I had a case the other week where I got notice from p/pal on two payments but didn't (seem) to get a third.... it wasn't until I was asked if I had dispatched the order yet.... lo and behold I found the notice of payment in my spam folder (it had the usual email address so I have no idea why that one email ended up in the spam folder and the other didn't)
    Yeah - anit-spam algorithms are really quite weird. Ive solved that problem by setting *whitelist* filters for specific email addresses - guarantees they always go to my "Important Mail" folders..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information