Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seller+ Lifetime subscription but not receiving the benefits

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Seller+ Lifetime subscription but not receiving the benefits

Anybody else here have this problem or is it just a temp glitch??
    I am subscribed as a lifetime seller+
    but none of the benefits at point of entry or the after sale sections appear to be working for me. I've sent in an enquiry on a ticket but would be interested to know if anybody else is affected in this area..
    Here is a such a POP UP when I attempt to invoice my buyers....

>eBid Notice
    Invoicing facilities, PayPal and Google instant checkouts for your buyers and many more selling options are available when you upgrade to Seller+. Visit My eBid > My Subscription now to upgrade. Click on Help > Registration for more details.<

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think your subscription upgrade has worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you have upgraded to a seller+Lifetime, you might want to drop the guys an email because what I see is that you are a Gold member.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ukcollector View Post
    Anybody else here have this problem or is it just a temp glitch??
    I am subscribed as a lifetime seller+
    but none of the benefits at point of entry or the after sale sections appear to be working for me. I've sent in an enquiry on a ticket but would be interested to know if anybody else is affected in this area..
    Here is a such a POP UP when I attempt to invoice my buyers....

>eBid Notice
    Invoicing facilities, PayPal and Google instant checkouts for your buyers and many more selling options are available when you upgrade to Seller+. Visit My eBid > My Subscription now to upgrade. Click on Help > Registration for more details.<
    Your status is gold membership, I don't know much about that. In the meantime, while your waiting for a response from support, just go into your paypal account and send an invoice from there.

x

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know if this helps but Gold membership is not the equivalent of seller+. An additional level, platinum (with extra facilities), was added to the old membership system (bronze, silver, gold). Sellers were given the opportunity to upgrade from gold to platinum, for free, for a limited period. Later the nomenclature was changed and platinum became seller+.

I think you will have to upgrade. I don't know if there are any fees payable. If I remember correctly gold membership was £50 the same as seller+ now.

All-About ukcollector
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I don't know if this helps but Gold membership is not the equivalent of seller+. An additional level, platinum (with extra facilities), was added to the old membership system (bronze, silver, gold). Sellers were given the opportunity to upgrade from gold to platinum, for free, for a limited period. Later the nomenclature was changed and platinum became seller+.

I think you will have to upgrade. I don't know if there are any fees payable. If I remember correctly gold membership was £50 the same as seller+ now.
    Sorry to announce, but the thought is not correct. This is a copy of my subscription status, taken from my subscription area.

Seller+ Lifetime
    **********BSRJAC** Gold 03/12 Thu 03 Feb 2005 16:46:56 (BST) Never Lifetime

Note that it is and always was, a seller+ account and yes,, I paid my dues in full, at the time.
    Hopefully, I trust that admin will note and expedite a resolve to their records by pressing the big green button.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Note that it is and always was, a seller+ account and yes,, I paid my dues in full, at the time.
    Couldn't be, seller+ didn't exist when you first joined in 2004. I can remember the discussions about what the levels should be called and I joined in 2006. If you go to your 'all about the seller' page you will see that you're shown as gold level there. It might be worth going through the motions, as it were, of upgrading (if the option is there) to see what happens.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted out.

Sorry to announce, but the thought is not correct. This is a copy of my subscription status, taken from my subscription area.

Seller+ Lifetime
    **********BSRJAC** Gold 03/12 Thu 03 Feb 2005 16:46:56 (BST) Never Lifetime

Hopefully, I trust that admin will note and expedite a resolve to their records by pressing the big green button.
    If you upgraded to Seller + (or Platinum as it was back then) when it was introduced in Dec 2006 your subscription should show something like the following, you'll notice it's in reverse order.

***V39** Seller+ Sat 16 Dec 2006 09:16:33 (BST) Never Lifetime
    ***76G** Gold Tue 01 Aug 2006 14:26:49 (BST) Never Lifetime
    ***AX5** Seller Sun 23 Jul 2006 17:53:05 (BST) Never Lifetime
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About ukcollector
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi Kedo & Gothicina.
    I'll give credit to ebid's admin,, they DO respond pretty quickly..
    Thanks for the heads up on the subscription status, btw...
    The response from them was short and not in depth on the matter of my status, as it is seen from my subs page.
    To me, seller+ IS seller + and if they missed me of the platinum offer, then I can't see why the emphasis should be put back onto me for the admin error? (don't mean to sound grumpy or stingy).
    That aside, the other niggly I have with the subs page is, if I decide to pay another fiver to obtain this status, it says its cancels my previous subs status, yet they are only offering "seller+" (which, as you know, I read from the subs page,, I already had this level) and not, "seller+ lifetime". I don't really want to go down this road, just to find out in a month or so, that they require further monies to again, upgrade me further? Hopefully, they will clarify this in a later response.
    Personally, the finances are not a problem but I do believe in value for money and contractually, the content of the written word.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one with these hereditary concerns and hope that this thread will serve others, when it gets to the conclusion.
    Thanks again for all the input so far. You really ARE a nice bunch of people around here..

Hi Kedo & Gothicina.
    I'll give credit to ebid's admin,, they DO respond pretty quickly..
    Thanks for the heads up on the subscription status, btw...
    The response from them was short and not in depth on the matter of my status, as it is seen from my subs page.
    To me, seller+ IS seller + and if they missed me of the platinum offer, then I can't see why the emphasis should be put back onto me for the admin error? (don't mean to sound grumpy or stingy).
    That aside, the other niggly I have with the subs page is, if I decide to pay another fiver to obtain this status, it says its cancels my previous subs status, yet they are only offering "seller+" (which, as you know, I read from the subs page,, I already had this level) and not, "seller+ lifetime". I don't really want to go down this road, just to find out in a month or so, that they require further monies to again, upgrade me further? Hopefully, they will clarify this in a later response.
    Personally, the finances are not a problem but I do believe in value for money and contractually, the content of the written word.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one with these hereditary concerns and hope that this thread will serve others, when it gets to the conclusion.
    Thanks again for all the input so far. You really ARE a nice bunch of people around here..
    The upgrade from Gold to Platinum wasn't automatic, you had to opt-in. There was a timescale which from memory the Guys extended at least once, they also sent info out in the newsletters, in fact many of those who were on a gold subscription also got the free upgrade opportunity.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.php?p=441547&postcount=3

For those who missed the boat, the upgrade now seems to be a fiver, that is a one off payment. I think a few of our regulars can confirm that.

There still seem to be a number of active members on gold level membership although why anybody would choose to remain there for the sake of a fiver is beyond me.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information