Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Mail Industrial Action

Quote Originally Posted by ukcollector View Post
    Correction to the poster of the above....
    No strike has been confirmed. The actual statement was that the Union had sent notice to Royal Mail that they INTENDED to call a strike in 10 days, IF the proposals they administered, were not met or mutually agreed upon. This 10 day period is to allow negotiations between the Union & Royal Mail, with invitation to either party to enrol the services of ACAS and other such intermediaries to assist the negotiations.
    The only drawback to this being, that the Union had also included some terms of the negotiation that would be contradictory to current practices, already implemented into the daily routines of Royal Mail staff.
    This latter point alone means that strike action is probably impending as there is no available resolve for these circumstances..
    A bit like putting two sugars in your freshly brewed cup of tea and then saying, I don't take sugar.
    Meanwhile, I invite all future winners of my auctions to collect their items at end of sale. Looking forward to an influx of visitors from all over the world. Should be interesting and educational ;-)
    As I said.........''according to Sky'', which was correct at the time of posting.
    Obviously they have added to it since then.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 13th October 2009 at 01:15 PM.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

We were both watching the same report at the same time but your apology is noted. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ukcollector View Post
    We were both watching the same report at the same time but your apology is noted. ;-)
    Yeah right.

Shoulda went to specksavers.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

ROFLMAO!
    SORRY! THAT'S MY APOLOGY IN ADVANCE!

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's all well and good TV news announcing a strike for the 22nd, but you'd think Royal Mail employees might get any such information first. My son works for RM and the only info he and his colleagues have had has been off the TV! The union has told them zilch.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Yeah right.

Shoulda went to specksavers.
    Oooh, MeeeOWWW. )
    Glad to see that the northerners still have a sense of humour though? ))
    Loved that one!
    Meanwhile,, back at the camp.. Been following the news (on MORE than one channel) as will have many others (between the specksavers adverts) ;-) and it remains pretty constant. i.e. it's not on till it's on. Fingers crossed, it will resolve and we can sleep safely in our bunks and our banks.
    Mate of mine (postie), manages it again!! Had already booked his holidays (4 week's worth) or a spell, down under. Does he care? Whaddya think? ;-))

I think the words that the news channels are using are interesting. All channels (that I have seen) are saying that "a series of strikes" could start to take place from 22nd, now the word "series" leads me to believe that it will be several 1 day strikes spread across 6-8 weeks again.

Thursday will be DD for the dates as that is when they will say what days (if any) that the strikes will take place on.

Thread Information