Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOCHEX - anyone use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsofythis View Post
    If you are not selling anything over £100 in one transaction, then a sellers account is fine. You can withdraw up to £500 per day.

A merchant account is really for someone who has regular transactions over £100 and a regular seller. You have to keep around £150 in your account and pay £50 to start the account.

I agree that this is too much!!

Here is a link to compare the seller account and merchant account.

http://www.nochex.co.uk/merchant-services/
    One slight problem and that is to accept non-uk payments you need a merchant account, so I cannot list nochex on the tick boxes just for UK

Yes I could put that I only accept nochex for UK in the description but in my experiance most buyers don't read the full description, nor do many read the all about page

I've a seller account with nochex and never paid £50 to open it up.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    I've a seller account with nochex and never paid £50 to open it up.
    If you read what was said about the different accounts you would see why. You have a seller account, I would need a merchant account. You can only accept nochex from UK buyers, a merchant account would allow other countries too.

Forum Lurker
    View Bitsofthis's Feedback (+50)
    All-About Bitsofthis
    View Bitsofthis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Craig you only pay the £50 if you start a merchant account, the seller account is free.

With a seller account you can receive a payment over £100 if the buyer has a verified nochex account.

Raindropsies, I totally understand what you mean, that is one of nochex down sides. I do have in my auctions what form of payment I can take from international buyers, its a different colour from the rest of the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsofythis View Post
    Craig you only pay the £50 if you start a merchant account, the seller account is free.

With a seller account you can receive a payment over £100 if the buyer has a verified nochex account.

Raindropsies, I totally understand what you mean, that is one of nochex down sides. I do have in my auctions what form of payment I can take from international buyers, its a different colour from the rest of the auction.
    Still don't mean the buyer will see it in my experiance. I used to have paypal ticked on all auctions but worded that I only take paypal on orders over £1.00 excluding P&P, but yet many still paid for a 30p item by paypal.
    that is why I changed to a paypal micro account so I can accept paypal for every item that I sell

Forum Lurker
    View Bitsofthis's Feedback (+50)
    All-About Bitsofthis
    View Bitsofthis's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can take moneybookers, google checkout or PPPay from international buyers. The nochex thing does bother me and I have been debating if I should just offer UK posting. However with not taking paypal and then taking away international buyers, I could just end up being a buyer on ebid!!

Has anyone tried auctionchex?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Glad you mentioned NOCHEX.. I nearly forgot..

Hey,, thanks to whoever started and continued the thread. I almost forgot about NOCHEX and I still have a tidy sum in their account. I haven't been utilising it for a while as my previous venue, Heebay, didn't exactly promote the very safe UK service they offerred and anything that was in competition to their own sister company's financial agency, wasn't looked upon too kindly.
    Well, better go check into my old account and see if my pennies are still valid.
    Hope so, as I will attempt to continue my patronisation of them herein, as I never had any problems in the 5 years I used their facility.. Thanks again to the lovely crowd here. Nice to speak with you.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ukcollector View Post
    Hey,, thanks to whoever started and continued the thread. I almost forgot about NOCHEX and I still have a tidy sum in their account. I haven't been utilising it for a while
    Check your account quickly as if you haven't used it for a while, you may well lose your 'tidy sum'.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

I accept Nochex everywhere I sell

Please feel free to bankrupt yourself buying all my useless .... errr .... wonderful bits and bobs

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Just to give a narrative justification to the NOCHEX payment system... for those who have either got it or for those who intend to utilise it for payments in the U.K. ---
    Yes, it does accept payments inwards from non registered senders, (i.e. they do not need to sign up, to use the facility) to the buyers account, up to a maximum of £100. What some sellers may not know is that is £100,,, per card.
    (i.e. need to receive a payment of £120, for instance?) The system WILL accept 2 seperate cards for the transaction. My wife and I have sometimes had to use it this way when we have bought stuff and its all worked out very well.
    Sellers have the choice of downloading and adding to their description areas, a NOCHEX banner (plenty to choose from) and assuming you select one that is the right size for the venue, you also have the option of embedding your email payment address, directly into the banner link, so,, all the buyer has to do is click the link and the on screen prompts do the rest.
    In comparison to many other card handling agencies, I gotta hand it to Nochex for the speed of transfer and clearance of funds to the account. Maybe because they are based solely, in Leeds, UK,, unlike other agencies where your funds and details can be handled in several countries before anything ends up in your bank account. (Ever wonder where a lot of the spam mail comes from when you use agencies who are not based here?)
    Oh,, not to forget,, they are FSA regulated and adhere to the U.K banking code.. OK, the FSA got a bit of a kicking earlier this year when some of the major banks went unmonitored, but overall, better the devil you know, etc.
    The only downsides I've ever come across as non merchant user, is that the money transfers are limited to the U.K. registered card holders and that you need to transfer sums into your bank account in minimum amounts to avoid further charges but again,, still cheaper than a lot of the alternative, non FSA, offshore facilities. Nochex get my vote, this time..

Thread Information