Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sellers that list and then don't come back

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always have said.... The Owners of any Public Online Auction Site should take Pride in their site.. always.
    Get the broom out at least once weekly. It may seem a large task, but it is not.. dedication is key along with real good online auction smart employees.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Naturelady View Post
    We were talking about the stores. People who do "run until sold" and then never check their store.
    And some do.

It not all that difficult to open up a second window and login.

The fact is that people lose heart after a week when nothing sells.

Of course there are the pigheaded individuals, that love underdogs, who will only be "Mellow when they're dead".

Mark, Gazza, or whoever. A date clock underneath a sellers username ain't asking much. It'll just show if a seller is on the site regularly.

Remember double the font of the Username. In red maybe. No flashing...you know how the members feel about "flashing";-)

I don't know if a date clock would actually make any difference. It wouldn't make the sellers log on more regularly, just show us when someone last logged on (which we can already see, if they have a store).

If logging on is too much work, how about a simple email response to an automatic monthly (bi-monthly, or whatever) reminder from Ebid if the seller hasn't logged on? Ebid can already send monthly reminders if feedback hasn't been left, so they should be able to do something similar for sellers who haven't logged on, and the seller can then just click on a link in the e-mail, or send a reply, to confirm they are still around and trading.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmmm interesting discussion

I consider myself to be a "good" and "genuine" seller (although the dark side think otherwise and have given me a holiday based on the actions of 3 buyers last month) yet I rarely log in to eBid.

Simply reason I am rarely here is that without sales, (A) I ain't adding more inventory and (B) I have no admin to do.

In fact, I'm actuall thinking about removing all unique items to my own website and just leaving our "continuous supply" items running on here, with run till sold or relistx10x10-day, which would then mean I only need to visit every three and a half months, allowing me to do the serious re-coding on all my websites.

If questions or sales occur, I respond same day, but without them, there's no need for me to be using half my day trawling the forums and gossiping - I have other tasks that are pressing and urgent, and therefore forum participation is a rare play-time for me.

Yes, if the site made a requirement that sellers must log in every 30 days, I would do it - triggered from an auto-reminder set up off Outlook Calendar or similar, but it would be purely to fulfill the need to log in, and not to cause me to do some cuddling and tummy rubbing in the forums. If I feel the need to do that, I'll do it off my own initiative, not because there's a bot telling me to do so.

As for the list and run argument about good till Sold - are those really any different than the old style eNay shop listings? They don't clog up the front end of search and browse results, and they're not competing with auction rotation. Can't see the reason for griping on those.

Gaz

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    Hmmm interesting discussion

I consider myself to be a "good" and "genuine" seller (although the dark side think otherwise and have given me a holiday based on the actions of 3 buyers last month) yet I rarely log in to eBid.

Simply reason I am rarely here is that without sales, (A) I ain't adding more inventory and (B) I have no admin to do.

In fact, I'm actuall thinking about removing all unique items to my own website and just leaving our "continuous supply" items running on here, with run till sold or relistx10x10-day, which would then mean I only need to visit every three and a half months, allowing me to do the serious re-coding on all my websites.

If questions or sales occur, I respond same day, but without them, there's no need for me to be using half my day trawling the forums and gossiping - I have other tasks that are pressing and urgent, and therefore forum participation is a rare play-time for me.

Yes, if the site made a requirement that sellers must log in every 30 days, I would do it - triggered from an auto-reminder set up off Outlook Calendar or similar, but it would be purely to fulfill the need to log in, and not to cause me to do some cuddling and tummy rubbing in the forums. If I feel the need to do that, I'll do it off my own initiative, not because there's a bot telling me to do so.

As for the list and run argument about good till Sold - are those really any different than the old style eNay shop listings? They don't clog up the front end of search and browse results, and they're not competing with auction rotation. Can't see the reason for griping on those.

Gaz
    At least you do check your email for questions and sales. I've been on ebid since June. On my first buy the seller never responded and I had paypal refund my money. My second buy went well. On my third buy the seller contacted me 2 weeks later and apologized for not watching the auction. The advice I've received on these forums is to contact the seller before bidding to make sure they are still here. I sent a question to another seller and it took 2 weeks to get an answer.

Most buyers like to buy or bid right away and won't wait weeks to see if they can buy an item. I've been reading the forums on that other site and it has a lot of very unhappy people looking for a new auction site. If ebid wants these sellers they need to make sure that the buyers don't get discouraged and leave.

It shouldn't be neccessary to have to conatct the seller just to make sure they are still around, definitely a way to turn buyers away from the site
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I've had questions about two auctions and never got a response. I now check when the seller last logged on. If it's been months, I don't bother to ask questions or buy. Sellers who don't log on periodically may be losing sales if other people do the same thing.

Unfortunately, a new eBid member isn't going to do that. He or she may just go ahead and buy, never get the item, and never come back to eBid.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fees.... read this would this make sellers wake up?

Fee of 30 cents per item for the first 150 items, then 20 cents per item for the next 850 items, then 1 cent per item for items over 1,000

Here we are on eBid
    aren't we lucky.. maybe just a wee bit of those fees would be good for all.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Fees.... read this would this make sellers wake up?

Fee of 30 cents per item for the first 150 items, then 20 cents per item for the next 850 items, then 1 cent per item for items over 1,000

Here we are on eBid
    aren't we lucky.. maybe just a wee bit of those fees would be good for all.
    Why do you want to penalize those of us who are working like dogs to get the number of listings up on eBid?

We are NOT drop shippers or mass merchandisers. Every item we are listing is individually owned by us, in our possession, with pictures or scans of the actual items that we took ourselves and listings that we wrote from scratch. We did all the research ourselves, on many things we knew nothing about when we started.

Fees like this are the reason we left GreedBay.

Thread Information