eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: How many of you don't wash your hair?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just thought I'd mention... first hair cut since starting the "no poo" thing today. I warned them when I made the appointment that I was doing the no shampoo malarkey. They've put me in the book for a rinse and leave instead of a wash and blow-dry.

I've waivered a bit over the last couple of weeks, because the muggy weather seemed to be making my hair less than bouncy. But I'm hoping a cut will perk things up. My hairdresser was not at all fazed, and assured me that lots of people do the same, and she believes it works perfectly well on any length of hair, not just long and curly.

Oh bravo Kimbo I wondered how many were still no-pooing. Great to hear that your hairdresser is not fazed and has said lot of others do the same. I think it's catchin on!

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The heavens have just opened here - wouldn't have been much point in a blow-dry anyway, by the look of it!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Just thought I'd mention... first hair cut since starting the "no poo" thing today. I warned them when I made the appointment that I was doing the no shampoo malarkey. They've put me in the book for a rinse and leave instead of a wash and blow-dry.

I've waivered a bit over the last couple of weeks, because the muggy weather seemed to be making my hair less than bouncy. But I'm hoping a cut will perk things up. My hairdresser was not at all fazed, and assured me that lots of people do the same, and she believes it works perfectly well on any length of hair, not just long and curly.

Nice to hear that from someone who works in the industry. My neighbour buys her shampoo from her hairdresser. Apparently (according to the hairdresser) the shampoo is the only one she should use...at the price my neighbour pays..I think the hairdresser must be on commission

On the other hand..the same neighbour buys a well known brand of tea for daytime drinking because it has 'daytime' on the package

Smile 82 days and counting!

Still here and still not pooing. Looks good, but still have slight greasiness on the crown, which is going slowly.

It's growing like mad, so am in need of another cut. My hairdresser also says that lots of people don't use shampoo.

On the no chemicals, haven't used a moisturiser on my face for about 2 months but my skin feels really soft, Never used to before the no-pooing. Don't wear any make up either, could never really be bothered.

Well done to all of us!
    Kay

Fenland Cards - greeting cards for anyone

The Motoring Gift Company

- Enjoying time out in our Morris Minor

Live Long & Prosper

Join ebid HERE

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forgot why I came to this thread.

It's been more than 3 months since I last shampooed my hair...the same time I coloured my hair pink.

I reckon that hair colourant was a bit too harsh for me as this is the longest it's taken to get my hair the way I want it looking.

In the past..it's only taken a couple of weeks for my hair to stop looking like I couldn't be bothered with washing it.....my hair finally sorted it out about a month ago.

No-one has commented about the lack of shampooing

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    On the other hand..the same neighbour buys a well known brand of tea for daytime drinking because it has 'daytime' on the package
    That's wonderful. If she'd like to buy some books, I could wrap them in paper printed with the hour of the day during which they should be read.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiewildchild View Post
    Oh bravo Kimbo I wondered how many were still no-pooing. Great to hear that your hairdresser is not fazed and has said lot of others do the same. I think it's catchin on!

me me me

I still not pooing it lol at least i dont think i am,

I kept wanting to waver so looked at lush website and they had some shampoo bars, so I ordered the soak and float one, but hate it (the smell) presume they are ok as they have no preservatives in them (ruthie let me know they are) going to try a different one till i find the one i like,

Still not liking my hair much at all, keep combing it cos it looks like it needs it always seems errrrr messy (if thats the right word for it), feels a lot lighter then what it use to, and there is a wave in it, I am still using the henna on it, but think because i go swimming that it takes the shine out of it, not sure just might be me,

Thought i might of been the only one still doing it, way to go bykimbo and Cambs so glad to see your doing it still
    Last edited by shezz; 21st August 2009 at 11:42 AM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ohhh i also know that a trip to the hairdressers is well overdue and the problem could be caused because it needs a good cut

But i'm to scared to go,,,,,, they may laugh at me and tell me i have smelly hair
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Ohhh i also know that a trip to the hairdressers is well overdue and the problem could be caused because it needs a good cut

But i'm to scared to go,,,,,, they may laugh at me and tell me i have smelly hair
    Why on earth would a professional insult their customer like that?

Thread Information