eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Cyberdosh eBid loco-promotions list

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well.....what a load of cronk!
    That is terrible and I am very surprised that they came back with that....right, so what can we do about it?

Me thinks this would make a very good 'story' ...to one of the national papers....does anyone alse think so?

Have a click...You know you want to...

Yes, espcially after all the 'rigged' phone in scandals they have just had. Maybe the PR company can get some mileage out of it.

Surely the BBC can't promote particular companies. I can understand them having 'official' sponsors, like using a particular outlet for selling the teddies etc and the companies get a load of free advertising on the night bringing in their cheques.

Anyone know any famous people? If we had a few signed goodies, it could raise the profile of our CIN a bit.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Cyberdosh Loco-promotions

Hello to all again,

I'm still disgusted by the alleged BBC Children in Need 'scandal' and, as a result, will not be promoting any of my charity auctions for their cause. Instead, I will continue raising funds for Bravehearts Childrens' Trust - they are, afterall, children in need. If I could boycott the BBC then I would, unfortunately, they made it illegal to own a TV without a licence and the rest of the family would object to having no television in the house! Rant over.

Next up - the forthcoming 2008 Cyberdosh Challenge. I've just posted the updates out to a few others notifying them of the pending countdown to the end of this year's challenge and alerting them to next years - our biggest yet. Did you realise that it's only 11 weeks until 2008?

Tuesday 23rd October sees the beginning of the 10-week countdown to the new challenge. No details have been officially released, although eBid has been contacted and made aware of what's in the pipeline.

For those of you not familiar with our challenges, as well as the little ones on here, Cyberdosh runs an annual challenge that is documented on websites elsewhere. What's different about the 2008 challenge is that it heavily involves eBid - next year, only eBid members will be able to participate.

It's big, it's bold, it's our most difficult challenge to date and it's open to anyone brave enough to accept the mammoth challenge. Several of you have already noted your interest in the project, but I'm afraid you'll need to wait just a little bit longer before finding out exactly what it entails. When you do find out, you are free to retract your offers of participation and simply take a step back to the spectator gallery. Basically, you are free to walk away, as this, although involving a degree of risk, is a completely voluntary challenge.

Watch this space.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    I Emailed BBC to ask for permission to use the logo on my auction listings and my website and this is their reply:

NO YOU CAN'T (edited version)

I'm just a work now and going straight out, so I just wanted to post this quick message to see what you think - NYK - I take it we can still do auctions through eBid, but just can't use the logo in them or to promote them? Does this mean that Gazza will have to remove the Children in Need category?
    Sorry to hear that TC. That's terrible!

Can you post the 'unedited version' up on a web-site, and get the phrases 'BBC' and 'Children in Need' in hundreds of times, so it shows high up on Google searches ? (Just kidding! Maybe)

Seriously, pretty poor show though, isn't it? You'd think they'd do all they could to promote CiN.

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Hi nyk,
    I noticed that you placed a link to Loquax on the Treasure Hot Spots - WIN £100 Cyberdosh page. Is the competition listed on Loquax as well?

ToyCrazy, could you post the reply from the BBC here?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    ToyCrazy, could you post the reply from the BBC here?
    I did originally have the reply posted, but was advised to take it off in case it breached any confidentiality/ data protection etc in posting it. Basically I asked whether I could use the logo in my eBid listings and link from my website and they said (can't remember exactly at the moment, haven't got access to the Email) I can't use the logo and suggested that I use eBay for my auction listings as eBay have a special CIN promotion and will be emailing 14 million people about it.

I can understand them using official partners for things such as selling the merchandise, but surely they should not be suggesting where I should list my charity auctions - isn't that advertising - from the BBC??

Wink

Just reading this unrelated news story about the BBC:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7050625.stm

This bit made me laugh:

Showing adverts to non-UK readers of BBC websites would also undermine the BBC's "worldwide reputation for integrity and impartiality", it added.

Thread Information