eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Positive Thinkers Out There?

I'm a great believer in positive thinking, I have just recently been through a real bad patch, lost my business due to a fire and some other personal stuff that went wrong, but I'm through the other side now and with positive thinking my business is building back up in leaps and bounds, within a week I have my order books filled for the next 2 months. Positive thinking is an attitude of the mind you need to succeed.

I just try to focus on the activities that reflect my positive desires
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

I'm the 'cup half full' type of thinker in one part. On the other in emergencies or drastic situations, I tend to plan for all contingencies ie think the worst will happen then what ever happens I'm prepared for it, if it doesn't, then its a bonus.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm in agreement with Babs on this one.....my beau and I have similar backgrounds as regards positive thinking, "energy follows attention," etc. While I have had many experiences that confirm this, I also have had many experiences that confirm the wisom of advance planning. Mark puts his energy exclusively into positive thinking and is FLOORED when life isn't on the same page he is. We kind of go 'round and 'round on the topic. His view....positive thinking=positive result. My view....infinite universe=infinite results, possibly influenced by positive thought. He has some legal issues coming up and I know he is devoting a lot of positive thought and visualization to the outcome he'd like to see, but in my view, the smart money is against it.

Anyone else?
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    I'm in agreement with Babs on this one.....my beau and I have similar backgrounds as regards positive thinking, "energy follows attention," etc. While I have had many experiences that confirm this, I also have had many experiences that confirm the wisom of advance planning. Mark puts his energy exclusively into positive thinking and is FLOORED when life isn't on the same page he is. We kind of go 'round and 'round on the topic. His view....positive thinking=positive result. My view....infinite universe=infinite results, possibly influenced by positive thought. He has some legal issues coming up and I know he is devoting a lot of positive thought and visualization to the outcome he'd like to see, but in my view, the smart money is against it.

Anyone else?

I totally understand that one - I always had a very positive outlook on everything in life. Everything in my own little world was rosey and I was happy with my lot - until one fateful afternoon, I was in work and I received a phone call. You know the sort - the one that you hope you'll never get. It was to tell me my father had died very suddenly. Not being prepared for it - (my Dad was my parent - we were very close and he'd died suddenly at 66), I suffered with depression and almost had a breakdown as a result. It took me ages to recover from the shock

The lesson of that tale is - 'Sh*t happens when you're not looking - serves me right for not paying attention'. In truth, I don't want to go through that again - physically or emotionally - so when the need applies itself, I always make sure I'm prepared for the worst to happen, then when it doesn't, its a bonus.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

I stumbled onto this thread while browsing and really what revelation. My husband is the positive thinker no matter what and I am the negative one... But actually I try to see all the bad things just in case. And at the moment I certainly have a cup full So maybe it is not just being plain negative? However I do agree that positive thinking can help, I have seen it, even if sometimes it does not help too. Am I being confusing? Anyway, it is nice to see that others like to be prepared for the worst hoping it will not happen.
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

I've always been a positive thinker, in fact I find it quite hard not to be. I truly believe that our thoughts create our outcomes and futures and manifestations.
    The Secret, that has been mentioned is actually based on the Law of Attraction and I read some similar books by Abraham-Hicks which are brilliant. Also Cosmic Ordering is exactly the same thing. All different names but all the same things in the end.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craftinstef2 View Post
    Hi! What do you guys think about the philosophy that your thoughts determine your actions and the path of your life?

I definitely think this is so, and like to think positive and learn about various books, websites that are in that vein.

My life is def all the better for it. I like crystals as well. I always carry a rose quartz heart in my coin purse, as well as a piece of citrine that a friend bought for me. It's also said that a bit of citrine in one's purse brings money in. Whey-hay! I'm all for that.

I believe in meditation as well. Though it's tough to slow down and make time for it. So I've not tried it often yet. Does anyone enjoy meditationing on a frequent basis?

All for now. Wishing lots of sales this week to all!

Hi Craftinstef!

Positivity attracts positivity, negativity attracts negativity!

A positive state of mind can have an massive effect on every aspect of your life, even your health (I’M living proof of that one!).

Just because you’re positive doesn’t mean your life goes smoothly however, sometimes we are being tested, sometimes it’s karmic debt, sometimes it’s just a lesson that has to be learnt for your greater good, sometimes it’s to grow…

Little tip re. the citrine…you might like to know that citrine does indeed attract wealth………but it doesn’t stop it going out again! You know when you get a little windfall and the in the next breath, the car dies on you and you have a huge bill for pay, and you funnily enough have just the right amount of cash! Use the citrine but get yourself a piece of vanadinite to put with it, that’ll stop it going out again!

Keep persevering with the meditation…you don’t actually needs hours to do it, 20 minutes here and there can keep you ticking over if time is a problem for you, once you’ve had enough practice you’ll be able to go really deep fairly quickly, it’s just allowing yourself to do it, there’s always something else we should be doing when really we should be taking time to look after ourselves. How can we be useful to others if we don’t look after ourselves?

Take care
    Blessings
    Sharon

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi sharon had heard about citrine but have not heard of vanadinite, so do till more.
    yes you have to be positive these days to cope.

I try to keep positive going on all the time in my life.
    Toss out anything negative and if I cannot I try everything to turn it around to positive.

I keep negative people out of my life as much as possible. And I will yell my children and husband when they start with negative energy flow! Keep telling them that thinking on the positive side helps to a certain extent.

HC

Thread Information