Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Is bullying, harrassment and victimisation ever acceptable?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Not under any circumstances

34 79.07%
  • Maybe. sometimes the outcome justifies the means

8 18.60%
  • Yes. I'm a cyber bully myself!

1 2.33%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is bullying, harrassment and victimisation acceptable behavior?

I absolutely agree with everything you said on your post Ri.

I work really hard at my business, and I make absolutely sure it is all above board and safe. I made that point and I was singled out in that $%!tfight back there, but I didn't rise to it. I know I have nothing to hide...

The Soap Dragon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by thesoapycauldron View Post
    I absolutely agree with everything you said on your post Ri.

I work really hard at my business, and I make absolutely sure it is all above board and safe. I made that point and I was singled out in that $%!tfight back there, but I didn't rise to it. I know I have nothing to hide...

The Soap Dragon xxx
    hope nothing i said offended you soapy... i was just up for a hearty debate

Since Dee had a lot of buyers.. regular ones too it seems i hope that means that those people arent going to go elsewhere to buy in protest... if so this has done more harm than good

Dont sweat it Pete, it was a newbie. Like my sig says, Ketchup Baby... LOL

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinions, but mud-slinging and name-calling is truly silly. And it's still going on now!!

Chances are they will go somewhere else, heigh-ho, roll with the punches...

The Soap Dragon xxx

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jarremachine View Post
    Voted no! It really isn't fair to single any one person out, my beef with eBid was that it shouldn't be one rule for one and another for others!

And if we're gonna split hairs, most sellers on here (myself included!) aren't even supposed to resell stuff, like books, videos and maybe DVD's as a lot of the stuff I've just mentioned, state somewhere that this book/video/DVD/etc., "is not for resale in part or in whole, etc., blah, blah, blah!

So where do we draw the line, Dee was probably eBids main money maker

Even I got duped on here by a seller, thinking I was buying the real thing only to be REALLY disappointed that I got a real poor fake!!!

I will buy the real thing, eventually from a reputable site and as for the seller , well let's just say I won't be buying from them again!

I am not condoning peeps selling fake stuff, but surely we can do without the "kangaroo court"!

Let's act like civilised adults and not teenage school kids looking forra fight...Oi what YOU looking at mush!
    I agree.
    If we're outing law breakers..
    What about sellers using copywrite protected registered names in their trading names?
    Sellers who copy someone elses auction descriptions, snag photos to use in their auctions?
    Sellers who are using pirate copies of windows Xp?
    Then we have users who break forum rules, who set up duplicate accounts, who use pictures and avatars without crediting the source?
    How about sellers who haven't registed for tax yet? (as an aside- the Inland revenue wouldn't give a monkeys if a handbag was genuine or fake- all they want is their cut of the profits!)

Or sellers who buy items to resell ( which by definition makes them 'traders' ) but who are not complying with Distance selling regulations by offering a returns policy or by publishing a contact address?

I'd be very surprised if there's anyone left who's still got a shiny halo
    Last edited by val4xx; 30th August 2006 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by silktities View Post
    http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/

there you go report your crimes here
    How do you think I get the gear i sell ,just watch and find the thieves do a deal like not grassing them up great prices

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Madhatters-Kitchen

If it looks great wear it!
    If it don't "Laugh Out Loud"

I have registered with the IR, I have not met the VAT threshold, I designed my own Logo, I use my own pics and descriptions, I paid PC World for my windows XP and all other software I have on my PC (either that or it is legal free/shareware), no duplicate accounts, and completely comply (and exceed) distance selling reg's. The one time I broke auction rules I was a mistake on my part (duplicate auction) and rectified immediately.

THAT'S why I got so irate yesterday, and not just at that one seller, at any seller that constantly breaks the rules (and the law) and gets away with it.

It's not fair.

The Soap Dragon xxx

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have registered with the IR, I have not met the VAT threshold, I designed my own Logo, I use my own pics and descriptions, I paid PC World for my windows XP and all other software I have on my PC (either that or it is legal free/shareware), no duplicate accounts, and completely comply (and exceed) distance selling reg's. The one time I broke auction rules I was a mistake on my part (duplicate auction) and rectified immediately.

THAT'S why I got so irate yesterday, and not just at that one seller, at any seller that constantly breaks the rules (and the law) and gets away with it.

It's not fair.

The Soap Dragon xxx
    You'll get no disagreements from me - I may not have the same point of view, but i never had a problem with people raising issues they felt strongly about.

I feel just as strongly and am just as irate at those who break the law by bullying, harrassing and victimising. This type of abuse is devastating to peoples health & can lead to great tragedy.

It's very sad that 5 people have voted on this thread that it's Ok to break the law in this way, and a sixth has said they are a bully.

That's not fair either

Dont sweat it Pete, it was a newbie. Like my sig says, Ketchup Baby... LOL

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinions, but mud-slinging and name-calling is truly silly. And it's still going on now!!

Chances are they will go somewhere else, heigh-ho, roll with the punches...

The Soap Dragon xxx
    oooops missed ur reply sorry soapy!

good good glad your not adding ketchup to me!

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I am horrified that admin have chosen to remove just one seller. That is certainly victimisation.
    But isn't it that seller that you and several others were talking about? The same seller you used as an example and continually pointed at as being the "top seller getting away with it"?

I've already stated my opinion about on fake goods subject and accepted the responses, but maybe it's just me, but there seems a little hypocrisy going on here, or somethere like that. You have been pointing the seller in question out thread after thread, only not naming directly for fear of the thread being pulled. That seller is the one you were talking about in several threads wasn't it? Are you denying that? I can't go round collecting the posts that support this as they've pretty much all gone - lol. And now there is a poll thread about bullying you're saying that it is unfair that the same seller you have helped to hound out has been in fact hounded out?

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just somewhat confused. Maybe I just missed something, but I thought the result here is what you were campaigning for.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I am campaigning for is the removal of all the obvious fakes.
    I did not name any one seller because I did not care about any one seller in particular. I care about the site being full of fake items because (don't read this Pete) they are illegal.

If that is hypocrisy, I plead guilty
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information