My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Refugee

Hey Ken I liked Stalking Heron and Yellow Buoy Blue Boat! Reminded me of a Japanese Hockney, or that American guy who did Nighthawks whose name I always forget.

I paint too. Or I used to until I finally admitted I really hated it. Now I take photos instead - and the funny thing is I spend as much time messing around with them later as I ever used to with a canvas

Right now I've taken six hours over one photo of a ring I want to sell (I'm going to start a jewellery store here) and I'm not quitting till the photo looks exactly like the ring.

Thanks I photographed the Heron about a year ago, you can see some of my photos at http://mycollectibles.kaboodle.com/kengillam

Just off on a short break with a 2gig card at the ready
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile yet another refugee ...

Hi everyone - yet another refugee here - altho I am have one last stab at Ebay for 10 days then I think I'll come here for good!

It is very encouraging to read your comments and I hope that Ebid will become more and more popular.

I have only recently started selling my cards online to try and get them out of Cornwall and into the rest of the country!!

I will certainly try and find my supplies here first and support the cause. The fees at the other place meant I was making a loss rather than a profit!!

Here's wishing you all sucess here!

Jo

Hello everyone,
    I have come over from eBay as well and will be getting everything on eBid before long, eBay have now put up their charges to the extent that I am virtually giving things away, what a rip off!
    But until I get some feedback here, I have to stay with eBay as I have a lot of stuff to sell and get rid of, after shutting down my small business.
    But eBid is so differant, that it will take some time to get used to it all and the differant way of working.
    It's all a bit depressing really! But nice to have someone to let of steam with.

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

A big eBid welcome from me too to you all

No need to be depressed lindaeb , we'll soon cheer you up if you want to pop over to the Kitchen Table part of the Forums

e

Forum Lurker
    View ggj2's Feedback (+12)
    All-About ggj2
    View ggj2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I am also a refugee from ebay. I sell mostly aloe vera based skin care & natural mineral makeup. I have been on ebay for about 2 years , but with all the fees going up, I am fed up. I have already listed quite a few items on ebid & plan to work on opening an ebid store. I don't have my own website, so how do I let let previous buyers know I am swithing to ebid. I don't know if I can put a message in my ebay store listing or not. I am planning on closing my ebay store after I get one set up & running on ebid.

My ebay store will be closing in about two weeks when the remaining items expire. Too much fraud over there is frightening buyers away.
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

ggj2

"how do I let let previous buyers know I am swithing to ebid" - you can put a signature in your end of auction e-mails to your Ebay buyers or when you send them an invoice or dispatch notificication.

I keep plugging away on the Ebay Forums saying there are alternatives. Not popular with some who still think the sun shines out from from you know where!
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information