My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ebay Refugee

Reviving this thread in anticipation of more refugees....

I've revived and updated my membership, will start listing here again shortly, and will move my shop to this site next week.

Forum Newbie
    All-About vmcthm
    View vmcthm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Playing both sides of the street

I'm also on eBay but moving items into eBid as well. My store links appear on my website www.thenotionshop.com

I'm still figuring things out, too. But so far it seems rather user friendly. Except that I can't figure out how to promote my new store on the eBid site itself. Can anyone tell me how to go about becoming a "Featured Store" or appearing as one of the 18 or 19 stores in this category?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

You become a featured store on a rotation - so long as you have items listed, you will appear sometimes on the Right of the home page and sometimes under "featured store" in the category you have put your store under.

ebid is not keen on links to your own shopping site being on their site (for obvious reasons!)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I did this a little while ago (moved from EBay) because I was only selling low value items and it just got so it wasnt worth it the listing fees, etc.

This is slower in some respects, but if that doesn't matter to you, just list for free, buy some low value items to get feedback, and Bob's your whatnot.

It's pretty friendly on the boards and you can get help with most problems.

Best of luck!

T40

We could use some more independent self representing artists listing here.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View saltylady's Feedback (+707)
    All-About saltylady
    View saltylady's Listings
    Forum Posts

WAVES TO KEN and everybody else
    i'm from the other side shut my shop a month ago, and reduced my listings, and am telling people about here, already got one of my regular customers to join,
    i am enjoying making more of my salt dough now i love creating, and find i have more time, to make them.
    cheers

Forum Newbie
    Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View GrannieAnnie's Feedback (+3)
    All-About GrannieAnnie
    View GrannieAnnie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I'm sort of a refugee from 'that other place'....things have been so quiet lately that I had to start looking for alternatives and someone suggested ebid so I thought I'd stop by here and say hello!

I mostly sell paint your own bisque and odd bits and bobs these days although I used to sell a lot of my own hand painted ceramics. All individual one of a kind tube lined designs. Its got now that I don't make much any more. Due to circumstances at home I can't get out to fairs or rallies any more and although I used to sell to all over the world a few years ago, the growth of 'that other place' more or less means that my items got lost in the sea of mass produced products. Hopefully I will be able to add some of my own work here later in the week....I just wish I knew wish category I should list in.

Hi Grannie Annie welcome to eBid I see you've already added a signature link for us nosey. I would fill in some info on Your About Me Page. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Newbie
    Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View GrannieAnnie's Feedback (+3)
    All-About GrannieAnnie
    View GrannieAnnie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thaks Ken, I'm working through it all slowly...sadly there's only 24 hours in a day and I do have other things to do as well. It's so frustrating having to start out from scratch again....like the buying to build feedback. I have to get a whole load more listings done before I can start emailing customers!!

The offer of a hand is much appreciated - I doubt I could afford anything more than that anyway!!

Hello,
    I am just starting out over here and not quite sure of the system, but will persevere until I get it right. I had not thought of buying to gain feedback. I shall have to have a look at my favourite sections. Best of luck to all
    Penny

Thread Information