Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bidding and buying

Question bidding and buying

Ok the phone I looked at started at $1.00 if I bidded $50-$75.00 and noone bidded before or after 7 days of his auction can he put back on for auction or do I get it? he said his has to meet close to $300 no reserves what ever that means. I won stuff onother sites and got the product after the day was done if noone bidded on the product. Thanks Rod

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

No reserve should mean that whatever the highest bid is at the close of auction will win it. If you place a bid of $50 and no other bids are placed, and there is no reserve, you should get it. You wont necessarily pay $50 either, it depends on the bid increments. If you placed a $50 bid and the auction was incremented by 0.50 and nobody else bids then you would pay $1.50
    Last edited by h1r3z; 26th May 2006 at 06:18 PM.

Yep that sounds right no reserve means the seller is prepared to sell the item for the highest bid, whatever that might be.

I'm thinking you haven't got a hope in Hell of getting this item, seller wants close to $300 or won't let it go, at least that's what i understand from what you've written.

If this is the case, then it needs to be reported before the auction ends.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney2007
    no I am not going to bid if he cant take my highest bid before sale is over or after I did report this matter too. If I had a cell phone posted for $20.00 and a guy bided $45.00 and then he was the only one who bidded after a few days I wouldlet him have it. but to me seams he wont so I say his loss not mine
    If an item has no reserve on it, it should be sold even if there is only one bid, anybody that refuses to sell because it hasn't gone high enough, should be reported.
    If you listed a similar item, you should either start it at the lowest price you would accept or put a reserve price on it.

I can't understand why he put a $300 phone on at no reserve, was it a happy hour auction from the front page ?

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows
    I can't understand why he put a $300 phone on at no reserve, was it a happy hour auction from the front page ?
    Hi Lin,

In the original question, it says 7 days, so it can't have been happy hour or 60 minute auction.

tell me about it I will lose out anyhow o well theres always more. I am been cautiouse on what I do. anyhow if i bid 100.00 for it or 115.00 I lose out even though noone else bidded

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54
    Hi Lin,

In the original question, it says 7 days, so it can't have been happy hour or 60 minute auction.
    Duh......

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows
    Duh......
    Lol, we all have moments like that.

Thread Information