Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: eBid v3 Snag List

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Can you give us an auction ID so we can take a look.

Thanks
    Gazza

Its happens on all of them
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have noticed on the "store catagories" the bold header list a number available but when you click says nothing there, but if you click the sub headings shows products.Should'nt everything in the main heading list everything in the sub headings ???
    Del.

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

"Cor !!" that statement makes me sound stupid,
    oh well whats new

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    I have noticed on the "store catagories" the bold header list a number available but when you click says nothing there, but if you click the sub headings shows products.Should'nt everything in the main heading list everything in the sub headings ???
    Del.
    This is being fixed.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Cool

Nice to see you are on the ball Gazza.
    Anything I can do to help on e-bid (getting board)
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by dresswithfinesse View Post
    Hi all!
    Just thought I would check out this site. We are already very successful sellers on Ebay and are looking to expand.
    A few problems need to be addressed on this site before it is going to attract sellers with large stores such as myself....1st off, I found i was not able to include photos within the item description without them being removed when i came to do a preview of my listing?
    This sounds like it must be a bug of some kind with your seller account, I can put any amount of HTML and pictures into my listings with no problems. I'd contact Ebid support by e-mail with some item numbers, so they can have a look at it.

Any reason you are not allowing sellers to write their own html and include as many photos as they wish? (without charging them!) Currently we are able to do this on Ebay with no additional charge & I find buyers need as many photos of a garment as possible & of course, sellers do not wish to be penalised for adding as much detail as possible to help their buyers make the right purchase.
    2) No templates offered to sellers! & no EASY options to change the type face, colour etc ~ which is definate "put off" for those people who are not familiar with using html.
    If you go to My Ebid Login, and then choose 'Defaults' on the left and side, you can set up your auctions to show a WYSIWYG box, which has full type face editing.

3) Complicated & long winded process to list each item unless you become a GOLD member, which I then presume gives you access to a SPEADSHEET! Hardly a listing tool is it!
    Listing items here is much easier and quicker than Ebay. If you look in the Defaults page as mentioned above, you can set up multiple default auction settings, and these can be accessed through a pull down menu when you list an item. You can also use the 'Populate' button to fill in the defaults on a new listing, from a recently completed listing, and you can also use the 'Sell similar item' link on any of your auction pages. These are all much much quicker than the equivalents on Ebay, and you can enter all the information on one page, instead of having to go through three or four as on Ebay, just to get to the part you want to edit.

These appear to be the main problems here, although I have to admit I have only attempted one listing so far. But the process of listing and the tools offered to do it, really are not sufficient for larger sellers :-(
    Can you elaborate a little on why you find listing from Turbo Lister (which I presume you are talking about as a selling tool) better than on the website itself, because personally I can't see many advantages to using a listing tool: you still have to enter the exact same details as you would on the website, etc.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

dresswithfinesse, makes some valid points, the listing proccess is driving me nuts at times, the last half hour for example I have had to stop because things just stopped, pages just stopped loading, anyhow the defaults are ok to a point but listing on site is a slower proccess than TL, (The eBid listing tool is missing an option for postage) adding pictures is also a little annoying, I have to crop and reduce before upload.
    Like most new things the starting is a little slow but once I get under way I will pick up speed.
    I am sure it is possible to change the fonts and colours and add picture using HTML...for example <FONT COLOR="#70deb" SIZE="+1" FACE="Tahoma">The 21st Century</FONT>
    <FONT FACE="Tahoma">2000 = MM</FONT> I don't know very much about HTML but I think all you need can be solved with a little practice.

Default eBid Lister - postcard categories no longer valid - cannot use it at present

Hello!

I have downloaded the eBid Lister, but the codes for postcards are out of date, offering just one code which is not accepted any longer because the category has since been subcategorised.

I find theonline listing page very good anyway and can list quickly with it - but would be keen to know whether the programme is likely tobe updated for postcards soon

Thanks

C.

I've found that it's best to use the spreadsheet or Ebid Lister if you have many listings. The main advantage is that you have a back-up copy of all your listings on Excel. If you list items one by one online, then they will only be saved for a certain period of time on your Items listed unsuccessful or successful list and then will vanish.(From my experience anyway)

Thread Information