eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: eBid v3 Snag List

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been waiting since January for ppPay to close my ppPay account - they say they cannot because people keep sending me payments. The people sending payments say they do that because eBid tells them to, in the end of auction email, even though the email addy has been removed from my profile.

In my opinion, this therefore ranks as an ongoing bug from eBid v0.1 that has not been fixed in eBid v3.0

Please can you address this issue that many sellers have complained about.

Also can you have words with ppPay to refund the payments that were not verified, and have sat as pending in my ppPay account since January 2005. The senders of those payments have been far more tolerant than I would have been - by now I would have had Consumer Protection and Trading Standards breaking down ppPay's door with sledgehammers and a court order.
    Again, this is an issue that I have reported countless times, and so have many others.

Gaz

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    Thanks for all the input on our software, it helps us immensely and forms the basis of most of the changes we make.

We are constantly and I mean constantly working on our software, 50% of the changes we do not mention because they are "under the bonnet" so to speak, cosmetic and public facing changes are the ones you do see and the AAL is one thing that is in it's infancy and we are making changes to as we speak in line with the comments that you have all fed to us.

We do appreciate all input, especially when it is said in a constructive manner.

Gazza
    Could we have an update on the various outstanding issues on this thread- and others please.
    Issues include:

Fixes to AAL
    Fixes to search functionality
    New search button required on home page
    resolution of the empty stores on home page and in categories
    reorganisation of categories- i.e postcards
    Release of all the V3 missing bits- including holiday settings

I would like to add one constructive criticism which if addressed, will help address a lot of the frustrations we your customers have just now - Lack of Communication.
    Too many threads go unanswered; too little visibility of admin on the site; to many questions ignored. All this leave users frustrated and angry and costs EBID goodwill.

I appreciate you do not have time to answer every thread- however you could log the main issues raised, and give a weekly progress update on your announcement board. That way board regulars would know where to look for the latest news and be able to support EBID admin by guiding new users to the updates.

View cepher0's Feedback (+700)
    All-About cepher0
    View cepher0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gazza,

I have downloaded and set up the auction-lister but find it is too big for my screen. I think i am missing about an inch or so from the bottom, i can see the top of more things to fill in but cannot get to them.

Is there any way i can make the lister window a bit smaller so i can use it please ?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Take care,
    Hugs from cepher0

Forum Newbie
    View dresswithfinesse's Feedback (+20783)
    All-About dresswithfinesse
    View dresswithfinesse's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Not much hope for larger sellers :-(

Hi all!
    Just thought I would check out this site. We are already very successful sellers on Ebay and are looking to expand.
    A few problems need to be addressed on this site before it is going to attract sellers with large stores such as myself....1st off, I found i was not able to include photos within the item description without them being removed when i came to do a preview of my listing? Any reason you are not allowing sellers to write their own html and include as many photos as they wish? (without charging them!) Currently we are able to do this on Ebay with no additional charge & I find buyers need as many photos of a garment as possible & of course, sellers do not wish to be penalised for adding as much detail as possible to help their buyers make the right purchase.
    2) No templates offered to sellers! & no EASY options to change the type face, colour etc ~ which is definate "put off" for those people who are not familiar with using html.
    3) Complicated & long winded process to list each item unless you become a GOLD member, which I then presume gives you access to a SPEADSHEET! Hardly a listing tool is it!

These appear to be the main problems here, although I have to admit I have only attempted one listing so far. But the process of listing and the tools offered to do it, really are not sufficient for larger sellers :-(

I really hope you are able to introduce something more suitable for larger sellers, as Ebay is fast alienating it's sellers wtih poor service and many are looking elsewhere to advertise their wares....However, as yet, unfortunately, I have found nothing that matches it :-(

Wishing you all every success for the future, & hopefully we will be back one day!
    Jacqui

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

OO-er - forum thread reply emails have started working again

Had several today - first time in over a year that they've arrived

Scared the krap out of me they did

eek

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whats happening? My new default settings are halfway down the page, I cannot list properly, when I preview half my words are cut off, I have to list three words to a line? been trying all day to sort it out! did list something wrong and when I went to edit it would not do it right I had to close listing. How do you use these new settings Ebid has given us?.

I have been listing for 12 hours ..........never had any problems what so ever.....sorry cannot help

For everything Mystical..Gothic, Dragons, Egyptian, Buddhas, Angels and more!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Mystical-Encounter

Hi

when i went to edit an auction the drop down box for store category is missing and subcategory drop down box is empty ?

Hope that made sense

(hope the pic turned out ok )
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrebargains View Post
    Hi

when i went to edit an auction the drop down box for store category is missing and subcategory drop down box is empty ?

Hope that made sense

(hope the pic turned out ok )

Can you give us an auction ID so we can take a look.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Can you give us an auction ID so we can take a look.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Gazza - it's a bug on the SYI form - I spotted it last night too when I was checking the new payment options (thanks for those)

Gaz

Thread Information